Page 211 of 279 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4182
Like Tree786Likes

ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3

This is a discussion on ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3 within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey guys , I respect everyone who work , who have now families and come home tired and just want ...
Page: 211

Global MyKo Senior Member Deadhealer's Avatar

Hey guys , I respect everyone who work , who have now families and come home tired and just want to spend couple hours of their time on something that will bring joy to them. This is totally me. Working from 9 to 9 coming home dead.
    Why would somebody stop me from spending my own earned money on something that will bring joy....

What I am trying to talk about is how USD trades and gold farming affect psko. You agree with me that gold farmers who play only for sake of making money is totally different from I just wrote above. Also I do agree with people who spend money and they can’t get something back. Maybe let donators do usd trades. However it’s whole lot of work for just 1 person!!!

On my other statements I wasn’t really going back 6 years . I was going to the core of the game as for how this game was playable for majority without without need of worry that it will end. Maybe you are right!! People change, demands change. If it is the majority then there will be 1 smart guy who will open a really nice server which will allow usd trades and be successful. If it’s minority , then it will not work.

I like how people are against babashopping,buying OP items from others,YET,globalko and profKO were among the first ones to start selling shoulder slot items,with weapon defences,300-400 HP/MP bonuses,resists,etc,etc...if that aint babashopping,I don't know what is. All for that sweeet sweeet KC. I'm sure if you could put raptors +7 in PUS and people would not complain,that you would.

So what I see in these topics,not that I play any of these servers,im here just for the drama,is that the owners want the sweet mula for themselves. No you won't sell a raptor +8 to someone,cause I want that person to buy trinas from PUS,i want that person to buy imaginary increased drop chance from premiums,even tho that shit never worked.
    Come out clean from the get go,like that Emo guy,from day one he said all USD trades are allowed,nothing to hide. So what if I purchase the 15$ shoulder slot item from PUS and I feel like quitting tomorrow. At least I know he wont ban me if I try to sell it for 10$.

Corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by bballfreak View Post
    The people who use fucking cash sometimes don't have time to grind right and sometimes they don't even buy the best year just above average like dude STFU like you realize your one of the few that argue a point that's been proven wrong time and time again or let's meet irl you got me pissed to the point where I'd have no problem physically beating you with your PC you fucking trash as piece of shit
    Do you think im 17 years old or someth?I could easily punch you in the face and you will be done kid,get a fucking brain and stop threating people over the internet,cause one day you will get really fucked up IRL.Fucking retard.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

I'm not sure why this is still being discussed. It's been over a decade and those people fail to see that they're wrong.

re-cap;

It's hilarious that some random people who are in a gaming forum and they're just PLAYERS, pretend they know how administrating a game with thousands of players is.
    Players are meant to play the game and have fun, NOT to make money out of it. If a server is meant to be a farm/pk server then you have to farm and then to start PK. If you want to violate the rules you better look up for a full PK server instead.
    You fail to realize that players do not own anything in an online game (you obviously didn't bother to read our EULA either, who cares after all, right ? WRONG). All the items a player has (including the account itself) are our property, we're just giving the authorisation to those who accept our EULA & TOS and register an account, to play on our server.

We allowed $ trades between players in 2017 and it was the worst decision ever taken, with players spamming everywhere in-game and others, who just wanted to play and have some fun, complaining about it and eventually were leaving.
    It was not only the babashoppers who became even stronger buying those items (i.e. monopoly) as Deadhealer correctly mentioned, but also the same items were used over and over again which actually killed the farming aspect. There were less and less newcomers on farming spots because those who could afford were buying gear from other players instead. Rest of them could not find any parties to farm with and eventually were leaving.
    And we could not punish anyone because we did the mistake listening to this minority who thinks that everything belongs to them and they can do whatever they want.

That's why it's better to limit such sales than allowing them. Players who try to do $ sales (even though they know this is forbidden) should always be worried that one day someone could report them and get punished.
    At least, this minority who believes that playing online games is a job, they're now on 3rd party forums complaining than causing any more troubles in-game. Also no wonder why this things are not happening on bigger forums like ko-cuce, even though most of the KO players are turks.

Here's an example of an idiot who's pretty much thinking the same way you do (regarding $ sales):
    Quote Originally Posted by HanJackaL
    Games with very strong economy and trading live the longest. Entropia is a boring game in general but they lasted over 15 years because it is allowed to trade your time for money easily. All classic games like Ultima online,Everquest,DAOC,GuildWars, Lineage have a strong value in the accounts and items. This is what makes a GOOD game BETTER. People tend to be more loyal and willing to invest time into the game because their time can convert to money. It is human psychology...they feel less guilty spending time/money on it and this is what keeps the game alive. Diablo 3 died after they removed the real money auction house...when the real money auction house was in play, earning USD 1 k a day just from selling items makes the game a lot more enjoyable..killing mobs become more exciting ,sound of legendary drops sounds so much sweeter..etc

I can bet all the people contesting my idea are NOT high level gamers and play at a very casual level. Sometimes i just wonder how are people so stupid. Why don't people like a game where you can trade your time for money ? You don't have to do it if you don't want to, casual gamers have nothing you can afford to sell anyway without hindering your game progress. It is just an OPTION to do it...The developers can easily peg the price of gold by allowing gold withdrawals to USD, that way no gold seller can sell cheap.I am sure they can legalize it and still earn something from it..like earn a percentage from withdrawals or transactions or have a black market for selling items and they take a cut .After all, this is supposed to be a Sand box that is focused on thriving economy and all that. So you people contesting my idea are ok with leaving your 1 billion silver and maxed out chars there till server wipe when you are bored of the game or busy in real life ?After spending 5 years collecting it all... Obviously you never thought of that..because i can bet you never went all the way in any game. You are never the top 5 %.

Anyway this is just my 2 cents...its just sad that developers make good games but miss out on 1 tiny detail to keep it alive. Too profit orientated...too eager to sell gold to cover overheads instead of thinking of the long term growth.

Good luck everyone and have fun !
    Now, let's take a look at the answers:
    Quote Originally Posted by SedrynTyros
    You speak very eloquently for somebody who is completely wrong about almost everything they post.

There are more important things than a game living forever, such as the game being fun to play. Monetizing in-game items just adds profit motive and the stress associated with that, which makes the game less fun for people who are trying to escape from all that real life bullshit. It sounds like you enjoy having your game be a second job, but most players don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiondar
    Not sure about the other games, but UO and EQ didn't thrive because you could sell your accounts and items. People stick with a game if it has good good gameplay, a good community, and think they're getting their money's worth. , and applies to almost everything that isn't work related. Whatever you spend your leisure time doing, you only continue to do so if you think it's worth the money you pay. That is human psychology, and plain old common sense. I don't pay for a concert ticket just to go there with the hopes of recording the music and selling it when I leave. I don't go to the movies to record it so I can sell bootlegs. That may be a bad analogy, but that's kind of what you're saying right now.

And here's what's really interesting..I guess. You can actually do both of those things, record the concert and the movie, but if you agree to the terms of conditions before each event, then you can be punished if do those things and are caught. In WoW people sold their accounts, I know a few people that did. That's not why they played the game though. They played the game for years because it was fun for them and they enjoyed it, and when they finally decided to quit, they though "..hmm, I wonder if I someone will buy this?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Holoin
    The reason those games thrive is because scammers are very atracted to that type of game, and they make a lot of money from scaming many players.

Games with real money economy are really dangerous, those games are not fun, people like them just because they can make money without having to stand up from their chair. More like, they think they can make money, most players end up getting scammed and lose money. People who do that are just really lazy people who dont want to get a real job.

Most of the games you mentiones have had cases of huge scams and hackers stealing money. Those games are edens paradise for scammers and hackers. They are not worth it, they are trash.

Games should be fun, not profitable for the player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkadium
    The games you talking about, never thrived. The majority of people do accept RMT in their games. That is why no one plays Entropia or Lineage II. If you want that type of game, look somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordFrz
    I see this all the time, people pay $100 then slave away in a guild with 99% tax, and demands ALL resources. And people do this gladly, I just cant understand it. If thats the way people want to play, then so be it its their game. I'm sure their are some great big guild out there, but all the ones I see are slave factories. Yesterday, me and a buddy shot down 2 flagged guys in a yellow dungeon. They had a third guy flag just as they got up and used him as bait to flee. The guy was brand new, had no idea how the game worked, and had no mount at all. They made him walk to the dungeon, wtf. Gave him 20k silver to get him started, and explained the basic of the game while he was down.

While it can be cool to make RL money for all that time you put into the game, ultimately it cause too many problems. The gold factories will flock to the game, and bot the hell out of it. People getting scammed or bum deals will blame the devs, and it will duke the economy. Their is a reason D3 abandoned the idea after a couple months. Games that allow this have been designed from the beginning with the idea of allowing players to make money.
    Source: https://forum.albiononline.com/index...tems-for-cash/

So much bullshit. So hypocritical, letting ppl buy and sell stuff is obvioulsly less money in your greedy mouth. And all thoose EULA & TOS when your shit is not even legal is absolutely ridiculous

U still didnt give answer why some players can sell/buy stuff for usd and some can't. Why was OMGorgeous banned and then unban so quick?
    Ur server has 250 players while only 40 players are really playing. Most of charcters online are merchants accounts or ghost charcters of turks sitting on all eslant spots waiting for bosses to kill and sell for tl - Eslant AFK player - [Suggestions & Feedback] - [Sugerencias y Comentarios] - [Öneriler & Geribildirim] - ProfessionalKO Forums

Nobody ask to allow people use chat or ur forum for sell items, but if they do it on other forums/discord/pms why do u care so much? why ur real life friends selling items on this forum, sharing their phone number and u close ur eyes?

It's kinda funny when you go full tirade on babashoppers getting advantage while you can buy 100k kc and accomplish just the same.
    If you truly believe what you just said above, you wouldn't have anything else than Premiums on PUS. That's what your "majority" of players are apparently looking for.

Tell me something,

Like SPANKME has mentioned, what's the difference of someone purchasing $100 worth of trinas, sell them on merchant to buy iron set for GB's, instead of just buying them directly with USD and not going through the PUS?
    I will save you the trouble and the difference, less money goes into your pocket.
    Babashopper will get his iron set and hb+7 either way, you're whole speech is simply bs.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    I'm not sure why this is still being discussed. It's been over a decade and those people fail to see that they're wrong.

re-cap;

It's hilarious that some random people who are in a gaming forum and they're just PLAYERS, pretend they know how administrating a game with thousands of players is.
    Players are meant to play the game and have fun, NOT to make money out of it. If a server is meant to be a farm/pk server then you have to farm and then to start PK. If you want to violate the rules you better look up for a full PK server instead.
    You fail to realize that players do not own anything in an online game (you obviously didn't bother to read our EULA either, who cares after all, right ? WRONG). All the items a player has (including the account itself) are our property, we're just giving the authorisation to those who accept our EULA & TOS and register an account, to play on our server.

We allowed $ trades between players in 2017 and it was the worst decision ever taken, with players spamming everywhere in-game and others, who just wanted to play and have some fun, complaining about it and eventually were leaving.
    It was not only the babashoppers who became even stronger buying those items (i.e. monopoly) as Deadhealer correctly mentioned, but also the same items were used over and over again which actually killed the farming aspect. There were less and less newcomers on farming spots because those who could afford were buying gear from other players instead. Rest of them could not find any parties to farm with and eventually were leaving.
    And we could not punish anyone because we did the mistake listening to this minority who thinks that everything belongs to them and they can do whatever they want.

That's why it's better to limit such sales than allowing them. Players who try to do $ sales (even though they know this is forbidden) should always be worried that one day someone could report them and get punished.
    At least, this minority who believes that playing online games is a job, they're now on 3rd party forums complaining than causing any more troubles in-game. Also no wonder why this things are not happening on bigger forums like ko-cuce, even though most of the KO players are turks.

Here's an example of an idiot who's pretty much thinking the same way you do (regarding $ sales):

Now, let's take a look at the answers:

Source: https://forum.albiononline.com/index...tems-for-cash/

Probation Senior Member

I just want to remind nikos that he is running a fraudulent business. Save the eula tos bullshit little billy. We players will do whatever we want its our money. You literally own nothing. So SIT like a good little fraudulent boy and dont complain you greedy little rat.

Well, as someone who doesn't spend any money on this game, I have to say that I don't see why people would get THIS upset over a rule the OWNER of the server has set. I don't see why people get so riled up, it's his server and he can run it (to the ground?) any way he wants.

I kind of get the point of complaining about some users being able to trade and others not, but so far it's been mostly hearsay. I'm not a fan of unfair treatment either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Well, as someone who doesn't spend any money on this game, I have to say that I don't see why people would get THIS upset over a rule the OWNER of the server has set. I don't see why people get so riled up, it's his server and he can run it (to the ground?) any way he wants.

I kind of get the point of complaining about some users being able to trade and others not, but so far it's been mostly hearsay. I'm not a fan of unfair treatment either way.
    Well you wouldn't be happy if you blew 300usd into gear and get banned within 1 week while others can do it publicly on ko4life market section with their ingame nicks available.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

@SteveO , @DaSinister
    You're partly mistaken. This might be true for newer versions but not for our version anymore. We're a legal entity (just like MaxKO and many other servers out there) paying their taxes and if you're so interested about this, PM me your phone number so our laywyer can give you a call and inform you about this. But of course you couldn't know this since you're just a player playing the game.

@Wendy
    1) You still have not answered about which players you're referring to. Did you make a topic in our forums reporting someone for selling items with $ and we did nothing about it ?
    2) OMGorgeous was banned for 3 days, Offensive Language -- 2nd Strike (btw, he's #1 User Ranking player, but you said that we don't punish our top users ?).
    3) So your problem now is about who's actually playing the game. Why are you so interested of our server's activity and browsing our websites if you don't care about it ?
    4) I asked FnL to start a new poll about eslant-afk matter and as you can see our community's opinion is 50%-50%, so sup with that link ?
    5) We're not playing hide-and-seek games with $ sellers, bot users, macro users or any other type of users who're violating our Rules of Conduct. We cannot verify sellers on 3rd party websites anyway. Anyone can make an account on G4L and claim that it's you selling $ on ProfessionalKO just because he hates you and wants you to be banned. As long as G4L does not share IP logs with us we cannot confirm such reports. We only asked for an IP (which is not a surprise, I even made a post about this in our forums) about MrCombo's case because there was too much drama about him.
    6) If our community reports you and there's 100% evidence about it, then you should expect strikes to be applied.
    ^It seems you cannot answer and I wonder why, maybe you're lying ?

@SPANKME
    I'll tell you what the difference is, and it's what Ragnar said. What those people are doing is illegal. Are they part of the server's staff who deserve to be paid and I'm not aware about it ?
    If your personal problem is about PUS and the earnings of our server, please pay me and my staff for the work we put into it and the server bills, then we'll close PUS. I wish you cared for Steam or Blizzard as much as you care about ProfessionalKO earnings.

Stop being so jealous and do your dirty work somewhere else. There are many unprofessional servers out there where you can do w/e you want. But nah, you're so addicted to ProfessionalKO.

Chill out greek boy. Even freaking Julien can open a 12xx server. You have a poor life scamming this dieing community, no one is jealous of you lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Do you think im 17 years old or someth?I could easily punch you in the face and you will be done kid,get a fucking brain and stop threating people over the internet,cause one day you will get really fucked up IRL.Fucking retard.
    I'd love you to try child how bout you pm me and we can work this out

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 7
    06-04-2022, 07:39 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    01-27-2017, 05:04 PM
  3. Hits: 8
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  4. Hits: 3
    12-27-2014, 11:05 AM
  5. Hits: 247
    12-26-2014, 05:13 PM