Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

QuarantineKO Medium Farm - MYKO Server [OFFICIAL LAUNCH - Nov. 1st, 2014]

This is a discussion on QuarantineKO Medium Farm - MYKO Server [OFFICIAL LAUNCH - Nov. 1st, 2014] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; A dedicated server of ~450$ can easily handle 600-700 users. Though, i know people with 1000-1500 users playing on their ...
Page: 2

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

A dedicated server of ~450$ can easily handle 600-700 users. Though, i know people with 1000-1500 users playing on their server paying monthly ~10000$ totally. (dedicated server, advertisement, developer and for the rest, extra tools).

A "useless" advertisement costs 50-75$. A normal advertisement costs about 150$/m, a high "level" advertisement may cost even 2000$.

IMO you can handle 400+ users even with a ~150$ dedicated server, but you cannot find any that cheap DS with DDOS protection hardware, that's why most owners lookin for "expensive DS's".

I know, my reply is off-topic but w/e, i saw u talkin about dedicated servers and such.

Work it, make it, do it. Senior Member ThiefShaman's Avatar

600$ was that a number you pulled out of your ass? Because if you're paying 600$ a month? I hope your Dedicated Server is legit? Incredible.
    It's always possible to buy cheap ass dedi server, cheap security and open a crappy server.
    Back to topic, all i asked if there's a catch?, cause i found it hard to believe someone will not only work for free(fixing issues, answering complains etc),
    and paying out of his own pocket without anything to gain.
    I know most of you probably doesn't like what i'm saying but when something sounds too good to be true, it uselly ain't.
    I personally think people would prefer an owner who gets paid for his work, cause then he takes it a lot more seriously.
    You do know when an owner is greedy when the price on PUS scrolls is too high, and the only place you can find scrolls are on PUS itself.

I honestly don't know why you're still lurking around this thread, is your username TrollShaman? I clearly answered your inquiry regarding a "catch" with:

Also being the "owner" of this server I'd like to clarify that the answer to this question is yes. Not everyone is in it for the money such as every other new comer that is starting a server. I personally enjoy KO and don't mind paying the cost out of my pocket to see a properly run KO server.
    I'm not looking for any profit to be made for this server believe it or not, as I've already said before, not everyone is in it for the money. If people would like to donate to help ease the server cost that would be really generous, regardless I'd still continue to run the server for as long as I can out of my pocket. Again, I will not be offering PUS items for sale. Everything that you need from the PUS will be obtainable in-game.

I honestly don't see why most server owners think they should be making profit for their server other than the server costs itself, whilst everyone's server files are NOT solely their work, but modified projects. So without further ado I'd like to keep this topic clean for potential community members & players.

Thanks!

tried here too,everythings looks good without 2 things
    1) i have little lag problem (maybe for location)
    2) 1920mp 960hp should be unlimited or low weight and prices....

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slico View Post
    I honestly don't know why you're still lurking around this thread, is your username TrollShaman? I clearly answered your inquiry regarding a "catch" with:

I'm not looking for any profit to be made for this server believe it or not, as I've already said before, not everyone is in it for the money. If people would like to donate to help ease the server cost that would be really generous, regardless I'd still continue to run the server for as long as I can out of my pocket. Again, I will not be offering PUS items for sale. Everything that you need from the PUS will be obtainable in-game.

I honestly don't see why most server owners think they should be making profit for their server other than the server costs itself, whilst everyone's server files are NOT solely their work, but modified projects. So without further ado I'd like to keep this topic clean for potential community members & players.

Thanks!
    Couldn't have said it much better myself, when I had planned on launching my own server I planned on not making much profit off of it either, I was even planning on paying staff, some people just like making something thats successful and fun for people to play on, cause some of us have ACTUAL jobs, so we don't need a dumb game bringing us profit cause we're not that greedy, but unfortunately for me the dev team I was planning on working with was the ones who wanted profit and apparently none of them wanted to really settle for just a percentage. But regardless back on topic, when you run a server that is successful and fun there will always be players who actually DONATE, because they want to see the server live, and i'm talking about a real donation system, what KO players think a donation system is means getting something in return, when in reality a donation is to give up something for free not expecting anything in return, such as money. Plenty of other games/servers do such things, like I personally play counter-strike source and the server I play on is a fun server and players donate hundreds per month to keep it running without asking for anything in return.

Quote Originally Posted by vidocq911 View Post
    tried here too,everythings looks good without 2 things
    1) i have little lag problem (maybe for location)
    2) 1920mp 960hp should be unlimited or low weight and prices....
    Hellovidocp911,

I'm sorry you are experiencing lag due to distance from the server. As for your feedback, potion weight are/is already reduced by 1/3rd of the normal value. As for the price it will not be changed due to the fact that it's a farm server.

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slico View Post
    Hellovidocp911,

I'm sorry you are experiencing lag due to distance from the server. Potion's weight are already reduced by 1/3rd of the normal value. As for the price it will not be changed due to the fact that it's a farm server.
    btw not sure if you saw my original post, but take a look back at it, if I understood correctly you guys have 6 lunar wars within a 48 hour span, seems a bit much, might wanna spread it out a bit, especially since the 2 days you have them scheduled for happen to be days that most normal people would go out

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman View Post
    btw not sure if you saw my original post, but take a look back at it, if I understood correctly you guys have 6 lunar wars within a 48 hour span, seems a bit much, might wanna spread it out a bit, especially since the 2 days you have them scheduled for happen to be days that most normal people would go out
    Thanks for your feedback, the reason I'm doing three different Lunar Wars on the week ends are to help accommodate the different timezones. I will talk to the community about it and see what they like best and make changes if needed.

twitch.tv/sneaksdota Senior Member SnEaKy's Avatar

Updated the post with some more information and some more links.

Double EXP boost has been added for beta phase which is ending in 1 week (December 26th). For anyone who is curious and wants to check out QuarantineKO, now is a great time!

=)

I've been playing beta for the past 1-2 weeks. And must admit server is pretty awesome. All kind of upgrade scrolls sell for a decent price to NPC so we all can purchase potions, all buff scrolls are dropped at scrolled worms wich is awesome. I didn't needed any donation to play this server. It's just AWESOME! Can't wait for official. And since there were some messages about a Admin wich have to obtain money. This Admin clearly doesn't needs it since I haven't donated and I haven't played 24/7 and I'm even in the top 5. All the droprates are fine. Hope to see you all in official soon!

I have only been playing for a few days, however i can only commit to the below quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    I've been playing beta for the past 1-2 weeks. And must admit server is pretty awesome. All kind of upgrade scrolls sell for a decent price to NPC so we all can purchase potions, all buff scrolls are dropped at scrolled worms wich is awesome. I didn't needed any donation to play this server. It's just AWESOME! Can't wait for official. And since there were some messages about a Admin wich have to obtain money. This Admin clearly doesn't needs it since I haven't donated and I haven't played 24/7 and I'm even in the top 5. All the droprates are fine. Hope to see you all in official soon!
    I like the server as it is Right now with drop-rates, upgrade-rates, XP and so on.. Since i only have played a few days, i don't know how easy it is to get 65-70-73, however i would hope that these 3 phases will become harder then from lv 1-60.

Besides this, all that is missing is a bigger community that will enjoy this, oh yes, this awesome server!

Im looking forward to the official.

Beta phase is set to end on December 26th, as we go live on the 28th. On behalf of everyone at QuarantineKO we'd like to wish everyone a safe & happy holidays!

Why QQ about his finances. Money isn't an issue for some people, server looks decent.

I wish you luck bro.

I've played the beta version of this server and everything is fine, we just need some more players, I hope you will join us in all the players like myko, together for an enjoyable memories

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast