Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Reign Of Kronos - Closed Beta & Idea sharing

This is a discussion on Reign Of Kronos - Closed Beta & Idea sharing within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by nickos3 I was thinking to add PUS items on my Vote System too, but damn, after thinking ...
Page: 2

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    I was thinking to add PUS items on my Vote System too, but damn, after thinking it twice, Vote System can be abused in many ways.

Everything can be abused if you dont code and secure it good, i thought that's obvious.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReignOfKronos View Post

A new era is about the begin and the future of the realms might be in your hands!

~Reign of Kronos Development Team
    The only thing in my hands right now is my penis.. Joking,the story looks nice,you sure you dont want to write a book?

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlskrone View Post
    Everything can be abused if you dont code and secure it good, i thought that's obvious.
    Vote System cannot be secured. I thought that's obvious.

The only thing in my hands right now is my penis.. Joking,the story looks nice,you sure you dont want to write a book?
    Well im sure some people might not like it. We gave a bit of effort into another direction so that we could be "special" (Doing something other servers didn't do).
    -To answer ur question sadly it was on my mind but i won't.

Nickos is right on this point it can't really be secured. But we can take some security measures to make it at least a bit harder for anyone trying to abuse it.
    -To make it clear we don't want to make the vote points rewards too easy since people will be donating for those items with there "hard" worked money.
    -Making trades available on higher level (The abusers will still be able to "abuse" it but somehow we would really be taking there time and somehow preventing it of being too easy)
    -We could as well be checking logs for proxy users. (Most of the modern KO players use Hot Spot Shield,which is changing the masked IP each time you re-open it which would tell us that there are people abusing our Vote point system)

There are more safety options for sure but i didn't mention them on the post.

Banned Member

It can be.
    But it totally depends on who is developing the vote system,if the person doesn't have the right knowledge to make it secured than he simply doesn't do it.

But lets say nothing is 100% secured now days,since modern crackers/hackers could actually very easy hack into USKO server and company. But they simply don't do it becouse they have nothing to gain.

In the other hand there are turkish bypasses and bug finders that can bypass the code written for the specific vote system.

XionaKO dont have any problems with their vote system it's secured enough for Private knight online server with low activity.

It can be.
    But it totally depends on who is developing the vote system,if the person doesn't have the right knowledge to make it secured than he simply doesn't do it.

But lets say nothing is 100% secured now days,since modern crackers/hackers could actually very easy hack into USKO server and company. But they simply don't do it becouse they have nothing to gain.

In the other hand there are turkish bypasses and bug finders that can bypass the code written for the specific vote system.

XionaKO dont have any problems with their vote system it's secured enough for Private knight online server with low activity.
    If you want to get all technical, not everything is 100% secured.
    There is always a loop hole or way to bypass pretty much anything with the correct amount of knowledge. Almost every Vote System actually is buggy. You can click the link and close it, without even voting. And you will get your VP.

It can be.

TBH, you're talking out of your ass now. You can't "secure" it without some form of response/validation from the topsites. They don't provide that, so the only thing you can really do is restrict activity as best you can by raising the bar high to avoid random accounts from being created to do so, implementing restrictions on account/IP/session activity and mitigating risk by lessening rewards. Nothing there really ensures it's behaving as intended, i.e. 'securely.'

FYI, this is all your example does, and is really just implemented by everyone using my vote script.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzilla View Post
    Almost every Vote System actually is buggy. You can click the link and close it, without even voting. And you will get your VP.
    This is actually because it's not a bug. There's no means of proving they voted. Nor should they be, it's against most of their terms of service to give players an incentive/reward to vote for your server.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    You can't "secure" it without some form of response/validation from the topsites.
    My first reply was there you can secure it. So we both agree here.

My first reply was there you can secure it. So we both agree here.
    Huh? Perhaps read more than the first sentence, like... the part saying that they don't provide any such form of validation, because it goes against their terms of service to provide incentive/rewards to get people to vote. ;s

I would really love to get into that argument but the fact is i tried to make it as clear as i could above.
    -There are possibilities to bypass the votes.
    -We will be doing our best to prevent those.
    -------------------------------------------------
    If you could lets bring the topic on to its purpose.
    So people if you have any kind of ideas what we could do better please share them with us!

Well,,
    I wrote my own vote system a few months ago for Knights Revelations.
    And I can honestly say two is correct (ofcourse ^^)
    You cannot secure it for the exact reason as he states, but this is only true for web browsers though.

If you wan't to secure it you can make an embedded browser in a c# application that reads button clicks and text's. The postsbacks of those events could provide you with enough information. (Theoretical tho)
    I did not try it because well.. do you really want people to download an application to vote? Really goes way out of the development scope of a simple vote option in panel.

So I'll stick with common sense and have a bit of trust in your players (it's also for their own good really)

I've been taking a look into other servers as well and i figured we could have some changes as well.
    It's only normal for the "TOP" clans to take down bosses,but my recent idea was to make so named "solo" players or a small group of player
    being able to obtain those special uniques (Those which go into ur shoulder slot ex. Wings,Pathos gloves),through a pk/farm kind of way.
    Those will be available in the Power Up Store as well but we're thinking of increasing the farming/pk by making them obtainable by 2 different "Stones".
    You would need to collect Nation Stones (Which will be obtainable by killing the opposite nation), Monster Stones (Obtainable by killing some "special" monster).
    As an example you would need to collect 50 of the Nation Stones and 100 of the Monster Stones to get ur reward.

-I know systems like this were probably already used but im trying to think "outside the box" to make the server have the correct balance between PK and farming.
    -As well working on some fun events which would be held in different Maps,so that could bring some more interest into the server.

Share ur ideas folks i know there are some people "surfing" ko4life that could be really helpful along this project.
    If you wouldn't like to post ur ideas you can always PM me.

I just want to know when official is coming :/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast