Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

SnoxdKO

This is a discussion on SnoxdKO within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey Folks! I know alot of you are eagerly anticipating the release of SnoxdKO, and with that in mind, I ...
Page: 1

Default SnoxdKO

Hey Folks!

I know alot of you are eagerly anticipating the release of SnoxdKO, and with that in mind, I am well aware that many of you have alot of questions related to it.

It is with high hopes and even higher expectations that SnoxdKO will release closed beta: December 1, 2009 , at the absolute latest.

We've had to postpone the original estimated date, due only to one simple pleasure.The real world.

Bare with us men !

Deadlines can add a necessary pressure that motivates a certain type of person.Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.Infact, it works in the opposite direction for a guy in my shoes,another unnecessary stress.

What we're working on is an old KO type of feel.Spiced up with a few of the revamped zone's the 09' version of USKO offers.I've got a rate setup on the anvil, that I think many of you will find both challenging and beneficial to the PvP balance.The specifics of that rate, will remain a mystery.

If you were to ask me wether or not this server is a farm server, then I'd ask you what your definition of a farm server was.Anything besides instantaneous max'd stats and a leap for CZ ?Then yes.That's what you can expect. Look forward to an accelerated rate in comparison to USKO by atleast 400%.

You're going to find ocassional unique events, setup on the server, with completely custom mobs and drops.I'm still working on importing alot of the great items SnoxdKO, back in it's 1098 version had to offer.Compounding, will exist !Back in the days of quality KO, +8's were rare.We're respecting that style of play, and keeping it the same. Expect a level cap of 83.

Thanks for your patience.

Some of SnoxdKO's key features:

• One registration for everything! Don't worry about spending 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get in game.
    • Real time player tracking - See coordinates of your friends in a map generated on their profile!
    • Server specific panel features like our hand-coded forums with its many widgets. Some haven't even been implemented yet!
    • Reworked Drop and Spawn Rates - A balanced economy is a fun economy.
    • Custom Events and Competitions - We're light years ahead of our competition in terms of technology, yet still make the time for events
    • Enhanced security and stability with our custom encryption routines.
    • Exclusive items including Royal shiv's and others from the original 1098 server (they were a HUGE hit)!

Forums | SNOXD Knight Online Community Resource (Beta)

(not sure if posting that is allowed, but it's the snoxd panel for the priv. server.)

Quote Originally Posted by XLegendz View Post
    It is with high hopes and even higher expectations that SnoxdKO will release closed beta: December 1, 2009 , at the absolute latest.
    Oh my lord, FINALLY!

I have been waiting eagerly since the 1098 server closed down. It was the best private server I ever played, so I expect this one to be kick ass.

last one was lot better than KO
    u still needed to gear ect ect but never a single hacker

tomorro! if it coems out BB USKO, HELLLLOOO SNOXDKO

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

where can i see this release post? or even a ko panel?

Little archer Senior Member

with no doubts a gg server lol, those people really know to code stuff unlike k2

The panel is the link I posted Nik.

Zilla

is this opening tonight?

WOOT finally, now to play with my GM friend GameBreaker!

Banned

Invite System

Stage One
    I will create an application system in the navigation to the left to allow all of you to apply for a position in the closed beta. The chances of you getting an invite decided by the following factors:

- Whether you played the 1098 version
    - How well known you are (We need to trust the participants of the closed beta)
    - How good your application is!

The initial stage will be quite limited so don't be offended if you don't get an invite, because there's more stages to come!

Stage Two
    When we're all satisfied with the state of the server the closed beta participants will be given a series of invites to distribute among friends, and we will also randomly allocate invites to those of you which applied before (Note: If you attempt to cheat the system by creating multiple accounts to increase your chances, the chances of you ever playing the server are going to be dramatically reduced)

Stage Three
    Depending on the amount of interest shown it may be required to control the traffic we recieve to avoid excess lag or confusion,in order to do this we will have to continue handing out a limited amount of invites to existing players to limit the growth of the server to ensure we're able to maintain a quality environment consistently.

The final stage
    Open beta - more to come on this nearer the date

So it might take some time before everyone will be able to play offical? Like how long half year?
    Last edited by AlphaBeta; 12-01-2009 at 03:57 AM.

IceMan1300

The way that post was made is kinda flawed I suppose, it makes it seem like it's going to be a year away for the official launch. We don't plan to wait that long, the closed beta is just going to be a major testing period for us, once we're sure all the major kinks are worked out, we'll go into an open beta until we feel the server is bug-free enough for an official launch. I can assure you it won't take half a year, or anything close to that. But then again, I can't plan the future and setting any dates just causes high expectations and huge letdowns, when the time nears, we will be able to make a estimate date. If you guys have any questions I'll try to get back to you guys when I have some time.

Banned

My question is why you even need 2 betas? You like only private server who makes them.
    Wouldnt be easier to skip open beta?

bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBeta View Post
    My question is why you even need 2 betas? You like only private server who makes them.
    I'll jump in momentarily to tackle this one on behalf of Ice. AlphaBeta, keep in mind the opening paragraph of that news announcement you are quoting.
    though this isn't set in stone it will provide you with a good insight into how things are likely to be
    . I think in a way, the cat got let out of the bag on this project somewhat prematurely. We had initially intended to fly under the radar for the first few months, and fine tune everything on a smaller scale. Eliminating, any sort of requirement for support- so as to maintain focus on details surrounding the game play.

With that in mind, I know neither IceMan nor BlaDe intend on prolonging the "official" release of the server any longer than necessary. Realize though, that there's a ton of factors, including not only the real world, but the fact that releasing an unsecured / rushed product is counter productive in itself.

regards,

~surgeon

Banned

Ok i agree, no rush on this tho. As long it will work perfect.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBeta View Post
    Closed beta has limited numbers of players ( don't know howmany players will get an invite tho ), but in Open Beta you can test the server stability.. see if it can take 250+ players.

BTW level cap 83 or 70?

Banned

83 as i readed on the forum

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast