Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

So do good private servers not exist anymore?

This is a discussion on So do good private servers not exist anymore? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Basically there are still a few pk servers out there ( FlameKO, KOwned, MasteredKO) That are still up. You know ...
Page: 2

Basically there are still a few pk servers out there ( FlameKO, KOwned, MasteredKO) That are still up. You know what else is really screwin things up for these new servers coming up is ACME. It screws things up for rogues. We cant minor on servers with ACME because it lags us. So since forever in KO period there has always been more rogues than any other class, your server will have lost alot of players due to this type of lagg. Then that leaves it only to be mostly warrior, priest and a couple mages. If the server does not make mages any good then u lost another big chunk of players cuz ppl love nova townin and playin in mage groups. If they are nerfed then its down to 2 classes, priest and warrior. Those two classes usually have the lowest population so ur server wont survive on jus mostly warriors and priests.

Here's a good suggestion to all those thinking of releasing a new server.

1. Forget about the money nd think about the community

2. Make all classes equal ( even on a 70 server, add 72 skills onto it)

3. Fuck ACME- its costing you all players. KOwned and FlameKO make tons of profit with alot of players on at all times thanks to not having lag using their own security.
    You also have to make incentives for players who catch cheaters. KOwned does this nd they always have 150+ ppl online while still continuously making profit. but seriously no more of this ACME bullshit.

4. Make it unique like adding customized weapons u earn through specific quests that cant be done overnight like( kill 200 user for some wierd but cool ass weapon or armor set that isnt too OP but gives an advantage and looks smexy)
    keep it original as well. 1300v servers do best not 1298.

5. Make different level wars. ( DLW 30-50) BDW different levels like USKO starting off low level 30-35, 36-45, 46-50, 50-59, 60-64,65-70,71-75, 76-83. Chaos Arena for uniques and unique weapons for winners as well as NPS for all players and exp

6. Host different events everyday or every other day at different random times that dont always mean a boss event or war. Maybe even just a find GM event, Trivia event, 1v1 mini and big tournaments, Clan Symbol vote events, Dragon holder of the month ( NP and ladder holders recieve a special gift). PK video contest, promotional video contest.

7. Make decent rewards that are needed ingame to be in Vote rewards ( 1500hp, 300ac, 2500 mana pots 2500 hp pots, ap scroll,) This will boost ur server up alot in the rankings on other websites to be seen more likely. I dont know really wat should b voted on these are some examples.

8. Bug/ Cheater reporter Champion of the month/ year to recognize players who are active and support your server by rewarding them in a very special unique way. Hell I would award that player with cash I earned from the server because it is a player like that who keeps the server going without losing players.

If I have more that I can think of ill post it but these are pretty much all I can think of atm.
    iRaiden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    I'm pretty sure most everyone can agree that most of the private servers that have come out recently or are out now have been or will soon be garbage, what happened to the servers that lasted years? What happened to the admins that didn't throw up a server for 2 weeks to rake in as much cash as they can before shutting the server down and disappointing and disrespecting the KO community? When will someone actually make a solid server that will LAST? The reason this game is dying is because everyone is continuously fighting eachother for users, all the ddos and corruption and greed is ridiculous, soon we won't have a game to play if you fools keep it up.
    What happened ? People went full retard.

DDOS became more common. More and more people left USKO, so the private server scenario grew and became a LOT more proffitable. In return competition became a lot more thorough, and since DDOS attacks are a lot more accesible, it resulted on being a common tool to screw other servers. Not only that, but people will just join a competitors server, try and find cheats and exploits, and proceed to abuse the fuck out of them in order to ruin the server.

So, many servers have had a hard time being stable, and have to deal with a lot more shit than they where ready for. So they end up in over their heads. Gotta keep in mind this are private projects, with limited fundings.

But thats not the only thing, I have to say that this community (in general ofc, there are super cool people) is a piece of shit. Everyone is paranoid (again, generalizing), they think everyone cheats, they are sure everyone is corrupted, pretty much if they are not getting things to go the way they thought it would the only answer is corruption and cheating.

Anyone who has ever been in a top clan in any medium/big private server knows what Im talking about. Its the same shit, in every server, again, and again, and again.

Finally, add in the amount of servers that are out there, every other week I see new servers popping up. People love to be top NP holders, the ones controlling Isi, CSW owners, etc. If they miss there chance in one server, they just try again on the next one. No point on trying to catch up when I can just start fresh right ? There are waaaaay too many "playable" servers. By playable I mean that they look ok, dont lag horribly, and have skills working. Back in the day your options for good servers where limited. Now you have a new chance to try and be on top every other week.

You would need a server with a well known and respected team, or a completely unkown one; a lot of advertisemen; a rock solid release; stability; at least 2 or 3 code wizards (so they can live their lives and you allways have one on call); active as fuck GMs; and you would 100% need to play with unique droprates as the server goes.

XionaKO are the best server atm, and i recommend everyone to give a try, it's really easy to earn gear.

Just start yesterday with clannie most of us 70% geared , we just need more people to join, trust me it's will be good to yall

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

PSKO was always the same shit.

A private server hardly had 100 users online and if it really had, it was like a dream for the owner even for the players themselves which was becoming reality.
    All the exploits used to work. I'm not saying that everything is fixed right now but it was easy to download a new server, to login and to have all of your stats at 255, your character full with 2,100,000,000 coins and with maxed level within a few seconds/minutes since you've started playing.
    Few real developers who knew what they were doing, had many exploits patched, so, the actual servers which used to survive were these and that's why everyone remembers 'em.
    Just 1 example, first 1-2 releases of Knight Imperia. twostars had patched so many exploits on that server which were exploitable on other servers during that period. That's why it was succeeded back then and that's how everyone used to enjoy their game-play.
    You also had to waste lot of time to fix things (server side, client side).
    I remember even the 10xx period. I remember myself editing skills like spike and spamming it every 2 seconds, lol.
    Sure, they were good times ... to cheat :$

Nowadays, all you need is 1 hour maximum to set-up your own server, because everything you can imagine have been released (client side patches ? server side patches ?, everything) or to pay few bucks for some shitty/buggy anti-cheat files (e.g. ACME, koguard, ggo and w/e has been existed so far)
    That's why there are so many servers around.
    And since only few people are having the knowledge to exploit servers anymore, many servers use to have a good amount of players online, so, the only chance for the big servers to get rid of the small ones, is to DDoS.
    The only positive of the PSKO is that, it has many more players than it used to have. As i said, you hardly could see 100 people on a server and now you see servers with 1000, 2000 or even more users online.
    iRaiden likes this.

i've been having fun on knights revelations. sure.. the population is low atm.. but they have good admins and gm's that are online most of the day.. all the bugs we find get fixed, and the farm system is good. it uses acme, but i havent heard 1 rogue complain that their minor has lag.
    just need more ppl... so come try it out!

Just a life lesson, If you want to give someone advice with no reason to believe your advice then most likely, It won't be taken into consideration.
    Tbh Rocket I went through this several times on your forum and in-game converstions. As a CO-owner (?) you never really took anything under consideration so I really don't see a point wasting time talking about in-game issues that you really didn't 't cared about. Same goes for the server owner. Short version:When i played with buddies server was kinda broken, and certain classes like priests/mages were op, because you didn't want too nerf donator items. As a core element of each party it was quite diffcult if you were up against 2-3 priests with 11-12k hp and like 1.1k armor? Not only items were kinda 'broken', community itself was kinda retarded and unskilled. Last clan party i had? 4 man party against 8-man party and 50% of that were priests. I really don't know how pk looks right now, but i guess it's the same trash it's always been.

Anyway - sorry for off topic.
    Last edited by Ragabash; 08-14-2013 at 05:56 PM.

as topic title says: they don't.

Banned Senior Member

KO is dead, move along whores.
    Rocket and Jamm1n like this.

it is dead, but we still play it and enjoy it.. until GTA 5 comes out hahahah

If you're talking about population, no, it isn't dead.

i'm talking about the game with no future, and it's community is dead. any tournaments, global events?

check Dota 2 international tournament, that's an ALIVE game

Quote Originally Posted by Nagato View Post
    i'm talking about the game with no future, and it's community is dead. any tournaments, global events?

check Dota 2 international tournament, that's an ALIVE game
    Game has future actually, i don't remember many servers in the past with features like BDW, Juraid Mountain (or w/e it's called) and with any other custom feature which every server around has right now nor many servers with higher version than 1.298. (The only server i remember which was higher than 1.298, was sexyko and it was 1.310, but there'd be more, i don't remember at the moment).

Dota 2 has nothing to do with private servers of KO.
    You cannot compare Dota 2 with official KO either, but, regarding tournaments and events, they still exist on official KO's.

Sure officials are slightly dead, USKO used to have 40,000-45,000 users online all the time and now it hardly has 15,000-20,000.
    But as i said above, the PSKO community was dead in the beginning, it's a lot better right now. If i'd count the PSKO community 5-7 years ago, i'd say that there were about 5000 people maximum, since, every server had 50 people playing, as an average count. If we were back in 2006-2009, OSKO as an example 'd have maximum 300-500 people playing, instead of 2000-3000 (as they say).

The community started growing since 2009 and it continues till now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    KO is dead, move along whores.
    Alot of players in ko and USKO is like a big private server already so no need for more.

Even if the body is dead som mentally handicapped ppls still wants to have sex with the corpse.

i play in Xiona KO server and i dun care about anything for now

1. it is Knight Online
    2. it is fun
    3. it is safe

Just like life, nothing is perfect and never will be. Stop making expectations and just play for fun. I started to play OSKO after more than 3 years of gaming inactivity. The last private server I played was Knight Imperia at the beginning. OSKO is at another level, every time I get online there are A LOT of people on. I would guess between 2.5 to 3k or even more (Deimos 1 and 2) including merchants in moradon. PK is always fun (which is my favorite part) sometimes it is really hard for people that like to solo like me but is never empty like other servers. I'm playing sin and I never used pedal or any type of program so minor healing is an issue now(especially playing from a shitty laptop) I guess that is an ACME program setting. Anyway, just play for fun!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast