Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

[Speech] Message to Server Owners

This is a discussion on [Speech] Message to Server Owners within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; No matter what people say, I still have faith on this community, sad but true about what I have to ...
Page: 5

OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar

No matter what people say, I still have faith on this community, sad but true about what I have to say but gamers stop being called gamers to evolve in something else: entrepreneurs, the more people can get profit from a server the more success could be a server without losing people that fast as we saw in ko private server scene lately, I am not saying my point of view, it is a fact.

I also learnt a few things reading this thread (thanks to the author), besides if none cares about reading his whole wall text well I have read the whole thing because it was very useful and so many things have sense about what he said, people already looking to be the best instead enjoying the game, of course that i wont put everyone in one bag but the vast majority think in that way. From our experience as a staff I could say it is not easy to start a private server, even when you want to make things different than others (bring the game back to 2003), it is like when somebody who lived on the 70's or 80's and there was good music around but if this same people living on this year listen this music again they feel young again and for a while they just smile, the same concept we moved to oldschoolko, there are many factors that have to be put altogether in order to make a server successful and everyone like or at least being interested to play for a while and try it out. Passion, honesty and skills must be the main support for any server team staff, trust me that one person cant be capable to have all those skills together.

Some of you guys were talking for a server that part of the system was sell items in PUS to give more power for the ones who can afford them and giving then at the end a big unfairly advantage, that's kind contradictory, how people can say they are happy playing in a server like this? but i have to admit that each person with his own taste, i respect that.

Being administrator of a server is really hard and you are learning all the time, it is not like "hey i have 2k usd lets make a private server", it doesn't work like this, you have to know where you are going with your idea and the most important part is understand your community, what they expect from your server and how you can keep them happy (at least the vast majority, you never could make everyone happy after some decision you perform). Also if people like your server and result of that is donations then you must invest a good share of this money to make your server better and secure because as more successful you are more people will try to take you down.

Server without people is nothing, we owe to our community, people who play, believe and recommend your server to more friends means that you defeated this obstacle of the "entrepreneurship" from the majority of people who start playing your server. When you see people joining in party to make exp, getting inside the events to fight and get some stuff from it, making pk and watching amazing battles with this passion with only ko players has then you start to believe that the ko community is not completely dead, the new people who is exploring knight online they have the same feelings and getting excited in the same way we felt it long time ago, it makes those moments worth to keep working for this community

Maybe I receive (and perhaps I deserve it) that some people said : I haven't read the whole text but i am not agree with you or any other idea they want to express, you are free to do that, but would be better if you make a point and we can keep learning each other and keep our belief about this community.
    Last edited by Professor; 08-21-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    Bloodzilla and Former08 like this.

Banned Senior Member

In no way did I harass you, just simply saying, it isn't worth the time nor effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    No matter what people say, I still have faith on this community, sad but true about what I have to say but gamers stop being called gamers to evolve in something else: entrepreneurs, the more people can get profit from a server the more success could be a server without losing people that fast as we saw in ko private server scene lately, I am not saying my point of view, it is a fact.

I also learnt a few things reading this thread (thanks to the author), besides if none cares about reading his whole wall text well I have read the whole thing because it was very useful and so many things have sense about what he said, people already looking to be the best instead enjoying the game, of course that i wont put everyone in one bag but the vast majority think in that way. From our experience as a staff I could say it is not easy to start a private server, even when you want to make things different than others (bring the game back to 2003), it is like when somebody who lived on the 70's or 80's and there was good music around but if this same people living on this year listen this music again they feel young again and for a while they just smile, the same concept we moved to oldschoolko, there are many factors that have to be put altogether in order to make a server successful and everyone like or at least being interested to play for a while and try it out. Passion, honesty and skills must be the main support for any server team staff, trust me that one person cant be capable to have all those skills together.

Some of you guys were talking for a server that part of the system was sell items in PUS to give more power for the ones who can afford them and giving then at the end a big unfairly advantage, that's kind contradictory, how people can say they are happy playing in a server like this? but i have to admit that each person with his own taste, i respect that.

Being administrator of a server is really hard and you are learning all the time, it is not like "hey i have 2k usd lets make a private server", it doesn't work like this, you have to know where you are going with your idea and the most important part is understand your community, what they expect from your server and how you can keep them happy (at least the vast majority, you never could make everyone happy after some decision you perform). Also if people like your server and result of that is donations then you must invest a good share of this money to make your server better and secure because as more successful you are more people will try to take you down.

Server without people is nothing, we owe to our community, people who play, believe and recommend your server to more friends means that you defeated this obstacle of the "entrepreneurship" from the majority of people who start playing your server. When you see people joining in party to make exp, getting inside the events to fight and get some stuff from it, making pk and watching amazing battles with this passion with only ko players has then you start to believe that the ko community is not completely dead, the new people who is exploring knight online they have the same feelings and getting excited in the same way we felt it long time ago, it makes those moments worth to keep working for this community

Maybe I receive and perhaps I deserve to some people said :i haven't read the whole text but i am not agree with you or any other idea they want to express, you are free to do that, but would be better if you make a point and we can keep learning each other and keep our belief about this community.
    Someone, please give that man a cookie....

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzilla View Post
    Someone, please give that man a cookie....
    A big, blue, inedible cookie.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    A big, blue, inedible cookie.
    I'm not really sure if your using the right words to reply on hes speech. It's obviously that professor is a very smart guy.. He has a big vision and hes looking on the things from alot higher perspective than most of you guys do.. Quite frankly for a KO Guru i would expect something more to say..

But you can't understand the meaning of any post if you don't read it till the end...

Anyway big +1 to professor and i'm going to sleep feeling abit tired. - Looking forward for any comments and discussion.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman View Post
    Here's my thoughts on this whole topic, unfortunately even given the server, the game is dying, sure there are still a good amount of players playing but it's not the game that we all once knew and loved. Me and my old friends came to the new OSKO launch thinking maybe we could have fun like we did back in the old KO, but unfortunately given the new population of the game it's just not the same, we simply weren't enjoying the game like we did before back in the old usko KE days.

The game play, the items, the leveling, everything can be the same as it once was when it was great, but the community is not the same. It's the community that made this game great, the respect players had for one another, and nowadays it's just the lack of. It was the little things that mattered the most, the new community of KO players only care about national points, simple as that, it's a big gank fest now, the gameplay has turned into whoever gets last hit is the "best" on the server. I remember back when you could run into cz and you would see 20 people sitting down orcs and humans together watching a few people fight it out, nowadays if you ever see players fighting you'll see a group behind them getting ready for a redball to choose when to use their spike or other skills to get the last hit and gain 50 nps. That's what drove a lot of the old school population away imo, and unfortunately these days you can only keep players interested for so long. Because once players get bored of what they're doing the only thing keeping them from quitting is the people they're playing with and playing against, and unfortunately these days the people most of us are playing against tend to annoy us more than keep us competing.

Regardless, everyone will have their own opinion, so i'm just speaking my own,whether you agree with it or not, the game just simply isn't the great game it once was, and unfortunately it's dying more and more daily, the launch of a new server will only keep players happy for so long, cause soon after it's just difficult to keep them interested in staying.
    irritates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Former08 View Post
    I'm not really sure if your using the right words to reply on hes speech. It's obviously that professor is a very smart guy.. He has a big vision and hes looking on the things from alot higher perspective than most of you guys do.. Quite frankly for a KO Guru i would expect something more to say..

But you can't understand the meaning of any post if you don't read it till the end...

Anyway big +1 to professor and i'm going to sleep feeling abit tired. - Looking forward for any comments and discussion.
    I read it to the end. My eyes hated me for it, but I read it to the end.

I really don't see anything in that post that hasn't been said before, or is remotely demonstrating a "big vision".
    He's just saying what we all should already know: nostalgia is what it is. Owning/running a server is more than just spending (or making) money. People can't always have what they want. People have different likes/dislikes. Servers can't run without players.

In big, blue text... unless there's something I missed? :/

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I read it to the end. My eyes hated me for it, but I read it to the end.

I really don't see anything in that post that hasn't been said before, or is remotely showing his "big vision".
    He's just saying what we all should already know: nostalgia is what it is. Owning/running a server is more than just spending (or making) money. People can't always have what they want. People have different likes/dislikes. Servers can't run without players.

In big, blue text...
    Oh in that case it was my bad.. But there are alot of people who doesn't know anything that he writes at all. So they reading it and getting the knowledge.
    About big vision i meant. If i take for an example you if i can.- A fact that you are the best developer doesn't mean you can have sucesfull server,you need people like professor in your team to make it work,to know what community wants,to know how to satisfie them,to give good ideas, to input tiny details.. That's why i think professor is very important for osko team,even tho i'm assuming he is not main developer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Former08 View Post

Edit 1

So here we go... The above speech that i just wrote...

So why does ALOT of people like to see oldschool features? And don't want a better new 19xx usko?..They want an old thing that is outdated actually.

Quite frankly,i don't see any online mmorpg game better than knight online. I can't imagine myself playing any other game... Yes i've tried,but definetly NO..
    Ko is a game to go for me. And i want the OLD 2006 server back too.. Less features,less items... Who the hell wants that darkness swords are being in their hands.. ( Well some does) As i said WORLD is BIG. And some likes blondes and some like brown girls thats how it is.

Anyway Jamm1n no offence since i disagree with you.. You seem like someone that knows abit about the nowadays knight online scene..
    And yeah i don't remember if i played freshko but i definetly played few times in the same server as a chabo.. Found him banned on forums too,and as i know he is a babaFshoper
    It is ok to disagree. I believe the older versions of this particular game are better, for the same reasons you mention. However, this is a bad thing. This means that the game evolved in a bad way, instead of improoving it become worse.

I understand that you find KO as the best MMORPG, sadly the rest of the world doesnt. That is why servers have been merged, too many players have left this game. There is a big reason why a private server without Turkysh players is doomed. They are the "only" ones left playing. Take a look at the market section of this forum, its dead. I dont know how it is in Turkysh forums, Im sure its not as dead as here but I seriously doubt that they have the same activity they had 5 years ago.

Private servers are the only thing left. And thanks to greed, jealousy and hate between the few owners with resources, there hasnt been a really good one in a long time.

But man, by all means, if you are having fun go for it, enjoy yourself, have a blast! Regardless, two things cant be denied: 1) A huge player base has left this game; and, 2) Private servers are the only hope.

Now, our second conclussion speaks very poorly of this game since the only hope for its "survival" are people with very limited resources trying to compete with the new MMORPGS in the market. They will never attract new players. Perhaps a friend gets another friend to try it out, but its very hard for a private server to interest someone who has never plaid KO to try it out.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I have plaid with Chabo and shared with him. He has been nothing but a good friend to me, we have had many laughs talking about partying and girls. I wish Chabo wasnt banned, same for Jeff and Nick. Big loss to this forums.
    Last edited by Jamm1n; 08-22-2013 at 10:56 AM.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post

Maybe I receive (and perhaps I deserve it) that some people said : I haven't read the whole text but i am not agree with you or any other idea they want to express, you are free to do that, but would be better if you make a point and we can keep learning each other and keep our belief about this community.
    You're a scumbag.... you're no better than the owners of yourko.... you just open a server every couple months to put money in your wallet... talk about caring about the players much. Only reason you did it was for YOUR wallet
    blackfox likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    You're a scumbag.... you're no better than the owners of yourko.... you just open a server every couple months to put money in your wallet... talk about caring about the players much. Only reason you did it was for YOUR wallet
    yep, fuck him. He's a deceiver

Little archer Senior Member

I think wrongful meme usage should be bannable... who's with me?
    Legend, Jamm1n and Decerto like this.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I think wrongful meme usage should be bannable... who's with me?
    Me. /10chars.

You mean he is no better than USKO owners? Why does game developers make a game? Do you even know why?
    Why is twostars working on the ko developement? Do you know why?
    Why is there so many private servers? Do you know why?

Each is aiming to have a good company that will earn money,ofcourse... It's not our foult that world is based on money.. It's very simple...
    I hope you don't think an admin will rip hes ass off and make something special and very good and doesn't earn money?
    Thats why OSKO is earning money and RessesPieces server doesn't......

If any server owner will say (after publishing the server) that he doesn't want money i will NOT play that kind of a server...

Osko opens a server each couple of months,thanks god,you have a fresh start you can have fun..

About Razor and hes post? - How for the hell of the god that post can be liked by Forum Moderator? -- Is this a joke forum,i don't know where is all the proffesionalizem.. How can those people not be banned...
    Anyway i saw old people like Coolboyz6 and some more '' ISRAEL'' People that are banned.. Alot of old israelish is banned,and the others arent. I guess it has to do something with the nationallity.

Wrong meme should be banned?... No... Spam or useless post at any matter should be banned..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast