Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

[Speech] Message to Server Owners

This is a discussion on [Speech] Message to Server Owners within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Here's my thoughts on this whole topic, unfortunately even given the server, the game is dying, sure there are still ...
Page: 2

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Here's my thoughts on this whole topic, unfortunately even given the server, the game is dying, sure there are still a good amount of players playing but it's not the game that we all once knew and loved. Me and my old friends came to the new OSKO launch thinking maybe we could have fun like we did back in the old KO, but unfortunately given the new population of the game it's just not the same, we simply weren't enjoying the game like we did before back in the old usko KE days.

The game play, the items, the leveling, everything can be the same as it once was when it was great, but the community is not the same. It's the community that made this game great, the respect players had for one another, and nowadays it's just the lack of. It was the little things that mattered the most, the new community of KO players only care about national points, simple as that, it's a big gank fest now, the gameplay has turned into whoever gets last hit is the "best" on the server. I remember back when you could run into cz and you would see 20 people sitting down orcs and humans together watching a few people fight it out, nowadays if you ever see players fighting you'll see a group behind them getting ready for a redball to choose when to use their spike or other skills to get the last hit and gain 50 nps. That's what drove a lot of the old school population away imo, and unfortunately these days you can only keep players interested for so long. Because once players get bored of what they're doing the only thing keeping them from quitting is the people they're playing with and playing against, and unfortunately these days the people most of us are playing against tend to annoy us more than keep us competing.

Regardless, everyone will have their own opinion, so i'm just speaking my own,whether you agree with it or not, the game just simply isn't the great game it once was, and unfortunately it's dying more and more daily, the launch of a new server will only keep players happy for so long, cause soon after it's just difficult to keep them interested in staying.
    Jamm1n likes this.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Member

The community of ko definetly changes as the time is passing.. But it's no way to say its dead.. I think the number of all the players playing knight online at the moment has raised..
    New generation of ko players are coming to play the game.. You prolly dont know but there is alot of newcomers who joins usko as first time and later on discover the world..

The private scene has a good backup,its usko,euko themself. It presents the game in good way and doing aswell some mmorpg advertisment which in long turn its very good for private servers..

But... Good peoples make good servers...

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Former08 View Post
    The community of ko definetly changes as the time is passing.. But it's no way to say its dead.. I think the number of all the players playing knight online at the moment has raised..
    New generation of ko players are coming to play the game.. You prolly dont know but there is alot of newcomers who joins usko as first time and later on discover the world..

The private scene has a good backup,its usko,euko themself. It presents the game in good way and doing aswell some mmorpg advertisment which in long turn its very good for private servers..

You must not have been around here very long to actually know what the old school feeling actually is and to remember how many players there were... there used to be 2000 people on each server and they had 3 sub servers... Their used to be big clan rivalry's and now it's just a shit game and is definitely NOT increasing in population
    nickos3 and Jamm1n like this.

YAH!, tell em timmeh.
    ilovemyko1 likes this.

On what ground you're saying that there is a lot of 'new comers' to usko? can you give any source? USKO was playable until Knight Empire patch (I have been through USKO with my friends so I know what i'm talking about and i still have an account with my rogue on lvl 61 with almost 200k nps) then everything went to hell. Sorry for being a dick here guys, but turkish community pretty much ruined USKO. New patches also ruined the game in a special way. I can't imagine playing USKO right now without knowing turkish language. It just seems/ed kinda dumb. The fact is that when i played i logos i knew that every english player that was we lost was big deal for a clan and english community.

Hell I even remember one day when I had random XP party, and one of the turkish guys said: "Sorry guys i'm going to noob cz to farm some monsters" and then quited... Later on one of my clan buddies realised that there was somekind of bug and monsters were dropping special really nice. Sadly we went there to late, because they fixed that bug quite fast - but the damage have been done, cause i dont recall any rollbacks from that day.

The day I left USKO felt really fucking good. I didn't had to pay for the bugged game with non-speaking english community.... Beside can someone tell me why it is still called USKO?

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragabash View Post
    Beside can someone tell me why it is still called USKO?
    It's not... :P

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragabash View Post
    On what ground you're saying that there is a lot of 'new comers' to usko? can you give any source? USKO was playable until Knight Empire patch (I have been through USKO with my friends so I know what i'm talking about and i still have an account with my rogue on lvl 61 with almost 200k nps) then everything went to hell. Sorry for being a dick here guys, but turkish community pretty much ruined USKO. I can't imagine playing USKO right now without knowing turkish language. The fact is that when i played i logos i knew that every english player that was we lost was big deal for a clan and english community.

Hell I even remember one day when I had random XP party, and one of the turkish guys said: "Sorry guys i'm going to noob cz to farm some monsters" and then quited... Later on one of my clan buddies realised that there was somekind of bug and monsters were dropping special really nice. Sadly we went there to late, because they fixed that bug quite fast - but the damage have been done, cause i dont recall any rollbacks from that day.

The day I left USKO felt really fucking good. I didn't had to pay for the bugged game with non-speaking english community.... Beside can someone tell me why it is still called USKO?
    I've never paid at USKO/EUKO for anything and i've played on both legal/illegal ways and i've enjoyed both of 'em.
    There were good times in illegal way, like, using 500% XP boost while others were paying even for premium and they hadn't that high boost, doing 5000 damage since level 1 and getting 80 in less than 1 month while you normally had to waste more than 1 day as a legal player, farming 350 millions per 24 hours, 1-80 leveling in 3 minutes, 21 gold bars within 1 minute, and many many other illegal things which i've enjoyed BUT i didn't ruin their game play, like some morrons use to ruin the PK in the last years.

Legal way was also fun, without any item gain from my illegal actions, i had chitin shell set +8/iron bow +8, irons and craps within 1 month, while, even a normal chitin part used to cost more than 150 mil at +7 and iron bow used to cost about 600 mil, again, at +7 just by playing with the markets (buying/selling) and also i've enjoyed the PK all the time i played USKO/EUKO.

So, as long as someone do not ruin the game play of the legal players, it's all fine imo (and i'm talking about the cheat abuse at PK). They used to, till 1-2 years ago. Not sure about now, anyways.
    About the language, yeah that was always a big issue and i'm sure it still is for the newcomers when they're not Turks or when they don't know turkish at all. Besides this, everything's fine.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Former08 View Post

All I can say is atm I'm not sure if you're trolling lol.... anyone who plays USKO/EUKO these days and is totally new to KO wiill most likely quit once they realize its loaded with bullshit and hackers. Idc what anyone says, the game is dieing and those who say otherwise are in denial. I've already stopped KO, its pointless and a total waste of time anymore. I had very good times as we all have don't get me wrong. I would love to see KO go back to the way it was before but its not happening.

The private server community is not dead. I used to think it was, but it's far from it. It's just unexpierienced developers rush their servers which cause a clutter of fail projects. The community do play a fair role on the server, but it doesn't necessarily makes every server bad since every player has the same goal ( To be number one ). The insecurities is what's making servers unbearable to play in. If you can't see their gears, we automatically assume corruption.

You die to another class, we automatically assume that class is overpowered. What we are looking for is the old knight online times, basically another start. But how can you gain that feeling if we start all over every single time, joining another server cause we aren't the top five NP holders. PvP Servers are understandable, but they're rarely professionally finished. When it was USKO vs JPKO, all the items were in moradon centre in their corresponding shops. ( Accessories , Warrior armors, etc ; ) instead of fail the stuff most psko do where you have to kill the worms 80 times to level up, kill a wild bandicoot for a rappy, etc etc;

The farm servers are even worse. Since there is a high number of 72 MYKO Farm servers, what's the point in staying in one if there's ten more you can go on and try again? Maybe if someone stepped out of the comfort zone and ACTUALLY tried to fix everything instead of thinking about profit, we would be succeeding. At one point we were doing better than the turks, as we worked together instead of solo projects, but it's sad to say that the turks are doing better than us now......
    Last edited by Bloodzilla; 08-21-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzilla View Post
    but it's sad to say that the turks are doing better than us now......
    Heh, not really. There's more 'development', especially on the source front (currently a bit with a fork of the snoxd-koserver project), but it appears not even AKUMA (who BTW, attempted to steal the project as his own, slapping on a license and such. He's later since added some credit, though sadly it just mentions me and not anybody else who contributed...) has any real concept of safe, multithreaded programming... sadly, almost every change made so far endeavours to create a plethora of new bugs, some rather obvious logic issues ("this character not logged in? if they're not logged in, we should DC us." -- yar, you read that correctly. He noticed after a few hours and reverted it back to my original code. -_-), and a lot of potential access violations waiting to happen... not to mention the race conditions mostly caused by deliberately ignoring the safe constructs already put in place "let's use _nolock! Only a couple of cases use this, but maybe it's because it's faster!!!"). Also some (less) WTF-y logic changes, such as removing range checks, which helps players leech in parties.

In conclusion, I wouldn't be so quick to jump ahead and say the development's bettering anything... ;_;
    PSKO is just completely retarded...
    ilovemyko1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Heh, not really. There's more 'development', especially on the source front (currently a bit with a fork of the snoxd-koserver project), but it appears not even AKUMA (who BTW, attempted to steal the project as his own, slapping on a license and such. He's later since added some credit, though sadly it just mentions me and not anybody else who contributed...) has any real concept of safe, multithreaded programming... sadly, almost every change made so far endeavours to create a plethora of new bugs, some rather obvious logic issues ("this character not logged in? if they're not logged in, we should DC us." -- yar, you read that correctly. He noticed after a few hours and reverted it back to my original code. -_-), and a lot of potential access violations waiting to happen... not to mention the race conditions mostly caused by deliberately ignoring the safe constructs already put in place "let's use _nolock! Only a couple of cases use this, but maybe it's because it's faster!!!"). Also some (less) WTF-y logic changes, such as removing range checks, which helps players leech in parties.

In conclusion, I wouldn't be so quick to jump ahead and say the development's bettering anything... ;_;
    PSKO is just completely retarded...
    From what I've seen so far, I think they're doing better than us. Their server's are a bit more stable + more active, and there are actually more servers to choose from. If it wasn't for the language barrier, I would actually play on a turkish server right now instead of posting this. I didn't even want to compare the turks to the english development wise, as their forums are way more active than ours, so it would make sense that they are more productive than us.

& It's not new that they attempt to steal something and credit themselves for everything, I've seen a lot of snoxd realeses on their forums with their names all over it.

From what I've seen so far, I think they're doing better than us. Their server's are a bit more stable + more active, and there are actually more servers to choose from. If it wasn't for the language barrier, I would actually play on a turkish server right now instead of posting this. I didn't even want to compare the turks to the english development wise, as their forums are way more active than ours, so it would make sense that they are more productive than us.

& It's not new that they attempt to steal something and credit themselves for everything, I've seen a lot of snoxd realeses on their forums with their names all over it.
    Their forums are more active because they're the only who share (even cracked) releases for features like BDW, Juraid Mountain, 1 VS 1 which some people do like crazy to get while, our community, is just selfish (including myself to some extend).
    Bloodzilla likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Their forums are more active because they're the only who share (even cracked) releases for features like BDW, Juraid Mountain, 1 VS 1 which some people do like crazy to get while, our community, is just selfish (including myself to some extend).
    Can't blame anyone for being selfish here nowadays.

Only thing I hate is the little to no effort the developers put here, and make a thread acting like they're working hard, but actually leech off of public releases.

Can't blame anyone for being selfish here nowadays.

Only thing I hate is the little to no effort the developers put here, and make a thread acting like they're working hard, but actually leech off of public releases.
    Couldn't agree more, but, this is never gonna end. Only thing we can do at the moment is just, to ingore these servers. Once they see that they have no population their end will not late to come.
    Every few months there's a new english worthy server coming, just patience is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Couldn't agree more, but, this is never gonna end. Only thing we can do at the moment is just, to ingore these servers. Once they see that they have no population their end will not late to come.
    Every few months there's a new english worthy server coming, just patience is needed.
    Yeah, a worthy server will always come out every month, but most of them die due to lack of population, or lack of maintaining population.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast