Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

stop with the farm servers already !!!!!!

This is a discussion on stop with the farm servers already !!!!!! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; PK is boring. Farm is exciting.. if the server is secure and stable. It's how KO has and how most ...
Page: 2

Banned Senior Member

PK is boring.
    Farm is exciting.. if the server is secure and stable.

It's how KO has and how most MMORPG's and MMO's are.. why you would want to just go into a game with the best gear and kill eachother is beyond me.. I find it highly boring and it really doesn't entertain me and I am sure most people would agree. Besides? Theirs more money to be made in the farm servers than a PK server.

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    PK is boring.
    Farm is exciting.. if the server is secure and stable.

It's how KO has and how most MMORPG's and MMO's are.. why you would want to just go into a game with the best gear and kill eachother is beyond me.. I find it highly boring and it really doesn't entertain me and I am sure most people would agree. Besides? Theirs more money to be made in the farm servers than a PK server.
    again u prove my point, if u would read my posts would know. once again its proven farm servers are made to scam u guys but hey keep on playing them and keep on donating.

LEJ
    Banned Senior Member

its not ''scamming'' its what the people want, and owners of servers never promise that the server will succeed so get ur facts straight

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Claus View Post
    Let's put it this way. PK Servers are usually servers people now go on when they just want to pk. Probally 75-80%? ( Probably less, not trying to be exact ) left the official servers ( USKO ) to private servers ( PSKO ) because they wanted the old knight online back. Where there was farming and all that extra feelings. I doubt you left USKO saying " I wan't to play on a server where everyone have the same gear, and all we do is just fight each other ". Well, actually, some people did leave saying that, but not that much. It gets real boring in a pk server after the first month, Which makes people leave. But at this time, if a pk server comes out, it will probally have a huge player count since there are MYKO servers left and right, developed by no-name admins and/or known corrupted admins. This is basically a PSKO Recession, as now, everyone think's they are a KO Dev, releasing KO's that the next admin made, with the same db/files. This is also probally one of the best times to test hacks you could have developed, as there are countless of shitty servers with shitty securities. Basically, our only hope is the GitHub project with all those dev's trying to make One huge private server, that can represent the PSKO community. If that fails, then all hope for private servers are gone, point blank period.
    All those wanna-be pk servers are failling because their owners are couple of kids who knows nothing about ps, and it's dying coz they're making it full pk with nothing to farm...

There were few private servers that were pk and the only thing you had to farm there was uniques (later on BF items). You had +9 items and lvl cap was 70 and it was fun as hell and was running like 4 months with over 100 players on 24/7.. to bad lame hackers as always ruined the fun and crashed it and deleted the db...

P.S and ofc that a full pk server will be boring, same as a farm only server will be...

I prefer a PK server. I dont get to play much due to my schedule and when you have vent and a clan, nothing beats a good pk party. I think the most fun I've had was ChillKO. You could donate or get the items or you can farm and get them. It was active especially on wars but the owners were bunch of kids and messed it up at the end.

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by santamaria View Post
    again u prove my point, if u would read my posts would know. once again its proven farm servers are made to scam u guys but hey keep on playing them and keep on donating.
    farm servers aren't there to scam your money (yes some are because of greedy owners) but the real farm servers for example (phenom) doesn't have a PUS that will OP players, everything in PUS can be obtained in game and can be obtained from game. Servers need donators in order to run, you will NEVER find an owner who will run a server on only HIS money, why would anyone pay hundreds of dollars a month so players can play his server and just bitch and moan 24/7 about shit and not be thankful for anything he's done. Servers are based off money and they always will be, some more than others, but when you have a farm server without OP items in PUS, then they aren't based off making money, they're based off running a successful server that is able to sustain itself and pay for itself so the players/community can enjoy the game play.

This isn't USKO, no server makes you pay to play, donating is a CHOICE, some players have the money to donate and they're the reason why there are servers up for YOU to play for free. Don't go bitching at donators because if it weren't for them, you would never have a private server to play.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare67 View Post
    I prefer a PK server. I dont get to play much due to my schedule and when you have vent and a clan, nothing beats a good pk party. I think the most fun I've had was ChillKO. You could donate or get the items or you can farm and get them. It was active especially on wars but the owners were bunch of kids and messed it up at the end.
    Kids? 1st time we closed was cuz a big misunderstanding with a person our staff but we straightened all that out within some days, we closed cuz of IRL problems with sick.

2nd time was because we was getting exploited hardcore and locked out of our security due to the person that made it (he was on our staff in the past) has the source files, we had the fix for it and we could not apply it...

Don't talk shit if you do not know what you're talking about. We busted our ass on that server for the community, and always did community choices, we knew what our players wanted and we added it. We was differant than most servers looking for $, we actually listened and would not of even had a PUS if we didn't need money to keep the dedi and other server payments.

Just to be honest, if we ever redo our security and all that, wed prolly re-release ChillKO in the future, I know our server has a big opportunity in the PSKO community, just has a few security flaws but we'll get all that worked out sooner or later hopefully. Our server was almost 100% bug free and everything worked out perfectly, we've worked on that db for years.

Anyway on topic:

Whats wrong with farm servers? Honestly they are the most fun to play on, raids and farming/exp when you're bored. They aren't for people who don't have much time to play tho, like myself. I've lost a lot of interest in KO overall or I would be trying some farm servs out hence all my buddys on SexyKO have quit or moved on from KO cuz its boring as phawk now. If twostars ever completes his server with the right staff, it would be a big success.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12