Suggestion

This is a discussion on Suggestion within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello! I'm gonna pretend that people still read this forum and post an idea that I had yesterday when I ...
Page: 1

Lightbulb Suggestion

Hello! I'm gonna pretend that people still read this forum and post an idea that I had yesterday when I was checking out other MMORPG's. When out of all the different titles I clicked on a game called Dark Knight (why did I only click on a game that has "Knight" in it, I wonder? ) Anyway, it had a few notices about new servers opening (s109, s110 lol!) so I realized that it has new server opening every week, reminded me of OGame . Immediately I thought of KO private servers and how they restart (if they didn't crash first haha) so often that less ppl play every time it happens - but it is still the most active it will ever be (it's not as terrible as it was before, gotta admit, now servers actually last long enough for a restart to make sense, which wasn't the case when I last played them). Also, some servers hit 1k or even 10k (turkish server ofc) players, again, that did not happen before (200 online as the biggest number was considered a very very very good server )

So, why not make a server that has another server on top of it for PK (farm NP's, not monsters) and it restarts every week or so (where you have top gear and top lvl from the start... I almost cry when I see in the description: "MYKO HARD FARM/PK server..." is it farm or pk rofl) which restarts once a week to wipe the NP's - top players get highest rewards and if you didn't manage to be the best, guess what? There's always the next week (I know there are probably items that you can get for NP's on every server now, but maybe make it so you can get TOP items ONLY from that pk server, not just some random crap like scrolls or trinas.)
    Oh, and it would be great if it kicks you out for afking like in some events now. Wanna afk? Quit game. So tired of all these "players" being online and not moving all day. I'm not even talking about moradon - people were always afk there. I'm talking about ppl getting to cz town, putting seeking party and then staying there all day, I'm not even kidding. It's not unusual, it's completely common now (not gonna say normal, coz it's not - then again, I didn't play for quite a while, maybe I'm the weird one here saying it's not normal having a PC turned on, being logged in game and doing absolutely nothing for 24+ hours)

All of this would be in an attempt to make a server completely active (5 or 500 people on, it doesn't matter, as long as PLAYERS PLAY a game... makes sense? )

Ok, now for the servers itself. What is this obsession with lvl 72 myko servers?? When was the level cap set at 72? Never, right? Didn't play myko, so I could be wrong again. But I mean, come on! Do you really enjoy a server where warriors are hopping around like crazy? You can literally teleport to the exact same spot you were in, the only difference is that the opponent loses you as his target and in that split second you can get a full heal. You mess up and run into a full enemy party but it's no big deal, with just 1 click you are safe! When attacking, you can just wait for your rogue to go behind enemy party, jump the priest so 5-6 of your warriors can instantly TP on him and finish the party vs party in 3 seconds flat. CLAP CLAP CLAP. Completely fair? Warriors were never and will never be the 1st targets, so why let them live even longer? Someone attacking your priest? No big deal, just teleport 1-2-3-4-5 warriors INSTANTLY on your priest and body block! Like body blocking wasn't already super annoying.
    Helis on a lvl 72 server? Cool, just some random noob spamming 1k dmg because he can. As far as I can see, the only ones suffering from all this are rogues (you don't get anything at 72). Which is probably the reason there are lvl 72 servers in the first place instead of normal lvl 70, and that is just stupid. Rogue was OP? Ok, let's just do the opposite and make everyone else better than rogues. So smart.
    Let's see, what else? OH yeah! Limiting upgrade to +8 instead of +10 & accessories to+1 instead of +5 (actually let's say that max is +3 since you can burn to +4/+5). WHY?! The best part is, farming is so damn hard, that even if you play for 3 months straight you probably won't have everything +8/+1, the server will restart before that haha. So, there's a cap for jewels but warriors who have descent (all of them) don't have enough skill points to get 15% reduction, only 10% from lvl 65. LOL. Any way I look at it, just makes absolutely no sense to limit the upgrades but at the same time get hit for 5% more dmg from any source is no big deal.
    Elemental damage............ What. The. Crap. Is. That?!?! After a month of almost non stop playing I finally get a shard to +8, and I was happy? Probably the word is glad, can't rly be happy in KO Anyway, I got a shard to +8 only for that to make absolutely no difference, just some guy who decided to go "lightning build" (lýghtnýng buýld bro) with his lame dual dark vanes +7 (and this is very important! Since when and in what universe was a damn dark vane EVER a viable option for a right hand dagger? 88 ap 11 dex and hits more than shard +8 even through the LR of dual rol)
    So, on 1 hand you make a server that has +8/+1 limitations, but on the other you completely nullify all that with this crap elemental dmg which is so much stronger, I would dare say that a dagger +7 with the appropriate "elemental build" hits more than that same dagger at +9... you can only imagine how much it hits for when it's +8 (like +10 probably). Oh, but there is a limit of +8 which will prevent too high dmg! Nope, wrong.
    Ummmm mages? with dd gear on good spike hits for 500, while his LIGHTNING staff spams for 550+R , and stun rate is like 33% with magic shield, 66% without? That's generous, it's probably more than that. Legcut and scream is crazy also. I really want to know what are people thinking when creating such servers.

There are a few things that make KO unique, 1 of those things is upgrading and being able to make a lower tier item stronger than the highest tier item. When I still played USKO, I remember looking around and realizing I'll never be able to afford a shard +8 (+7 was 10gb and trina also 10gb I think...) so I decided to try to get some cleavers +7 (they were 15 mil I think or some low price like that) and 2 BUS, thinking how I only need ONE to succeed to +9 (102 ap, even more than shard +8 xD). It was almost no risk with that low price of 15-20m and I did it in 3 tries, I believe. Skipped the most high demand item in the game like a boss. I'm sure everyone has a similar story too. But now? Nope, can't do it, you need to get that shard +8 and even then some rando (who just started ) can still hit you so much more with his 90- ap daggers with appropriate "elemental rings" which have 10 ac loooool and are very easy to get, also makes the rol worthless while it has like 2% drop rate or less. Same as +8 gear, limiting accessories at +1 and on top of that having a shit drop rate makes no damn sense!
    People make something +10 now on usko which has been here for 17 years? and they're happy! How can you be afraid to have a +10 cap on your server which we all know won't last 17 weeks
    Last edited by Kuzuri; 10-02-2021 at 06:10 AM.

There were Turkish PK servers that restarted every week or every month. I just don't know why anybody would bother playing them. I guess if you like PK, then go for it.

Descent is the best warrior ability. If you play without it, you're trolling. It doesn't matter if you have to sacrifice other skill points to get it, it's the best warrior skill. Idk why you really care about 5% damage reduction, but I guess you're the "I want to have the cake and also eat it" kind of guy. It doesn't matter what the level cap is either. I'm pretty sure the only way to make warriors skip Descent is to cap the level to 60, without Sword Aura, and even then it might not be enough.

The main reason why +8/+1 format has taken hold of the entire PSKO community is because of balance and catch up. People claim that if they don't have the same gear as others, they can't play the game, when in reality gear in KO is extremely unimportant for most players and most situations. Especially for the first 2-3 weeks of a server launch. It makes 0 difference whether you PK with +6 MDs or +7 Shards on the first 2 weeks of the server. You deal more than enough damage in a party anyway. Also, a lot of people believe that +8/+1 is the greatest balance point for KO, because it limits damage and health values, while also leaving enough room for somewhat meaningful upgrades. It also means that babashoppers can't get a huge advantage by buying +9 items, while others get stuck playing with +7 gear. And well, there's the effects on the economy to also consider when there's no cap for upgrading. More people would be willing to burn +8 and +7 items, if there is no cap, which means that +7 items become even more valuable, which then again makes it harder for newer players or poor players to get decent gear.

I personally believe that +9/+2 is the best point of balance for the game, but I can see why people would argue otherwise. I just think it's cool to actually see people with crazy gear run rampant and maybe there's a chance someone makes crazy stuff randomly. +2 is also healthier for the accessory economy, because making +2 uniques removes so many items from the game, that it should keep unique drops somewhat relevant for longer. And honestly, there's basically no difference between a +0 and +1 ROL, so it's not exactly exciting either.

Seriously, the level cap doesn't matter? I hope you only meant that for descent. For private servers it absolutely matters because there isn't a single server that has a correct working CP (lvl 80), at least there wasn't when I played. You just get a boost in ap, and you can use it on monsters, that's not how the skill actually works. You could only use it in pk and you only had a chance for a higher attack, so a normal spike is lets say 800 but you hit 1200 with thrust (normal would be 600), you're lucky if 2-3 skills get a boost, while on privates it just boosts your ap so everything including R hit is higher for 10 seconds. Lvl80 cap servers completely unplayable because of only 1 skill (others don't work also but I think this 1 is the worst).

I don't mind you playing with descent and having 60 in attack, have fun doing low dmg I guess . Again, lvl cap absolutely matters(72), because you can't get 70 in attack and 50 in def on lvl 70 cap.

And finally something we agree on, +0 and +1 uniques are virtually the same, and that was the whole reason for my dislike of +8/+1 cap. Actually even then, for example a Diamond Ring is good (+1 is 24 ac and 15 str while roc +1 is 34 ac and 10 str), so you don't have to go for that 1 ring that rules them all. Rings for others tho? Elf Ring +1 15 dex but 2 ac haha!

I will edit that part of restarting the server, didn't think anyone would get hung up on that part...
    Last edited by Kuzuri; 10-02-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzuri View Post
    Seriously, the level cap doesn't matter? I hope you only meant that for descent. For private servers it absolutely matters because there isn't a single server that has a correct working CP (lvl 80), at least there wasn't when I played. You just get a boost in ap, and you can use it on monsters, that's not how the skill actually works. You could only use it in pk and you only had a chance for a higher attack, so a normal spike is lets say 800 but you hit 1200 with thrust (normal would be 600), you're lucky if 2-3 skills get a boost, while on privates it just boosts your ap so everything including R hit is higher for 10 seconds. Lvl80 cap servers completely unplayable because of only 1 skill (others don't work also but I think this 1 is the worst).

I don't mind you playing with descent and having 60 in attack, have fun doing low dmg I guess . Again, lvl cap absolutely matters(72), because you can't get 70 in attack and 50 in def on lvl 70 cap.

And finally something we agree on, +0 and +1 uniques are virtually the same, and that was the whole reason for my dislike of +8/+1 cap. Actually even then, for example a Diamond Ring is good (+1 is 24 ac and 15 str while roc +1 is 34 ac and 10 str), so you don't have to go for that 1 ring that rules them all. Rings for others tho? Elf Ring +1 15 dex but 2 ac haha!

I will edit that part of restarting the server, didn't think anyone would get hung up on that part...
    There are private servers that have literally 100% correctly working, improved up to date files from Korean KO. Correctly working CP is not an issue at all. You absolutely will always get 70/50 in a 70 cap server, you just ignore master and go 70/50/2. The reason why you probably can do 50 defense even in a 60 cap server is because there's no difference between 350 and 400 damage for a party of 5 warriors. It's entirely dependent on whether you can actually deal enough damage consistently.

To quickly address the +1 talk, I don't think people understand how little gear matters in this game. So many of my friends are fixated on small stat boosts, which don't actually do anything. Elf rings are useful, if your goal is to kill people in a party of sins. The best way to play sin is to just have high AP and go kill noobs with a small group. But even then, most of the time you deal enough damage with 0 gear anyway. VSing is a bit different, but who cares about VSing these days anyway?

damn, I guess I have been away long time, didn't see any 70+ sin skills working in like 50 servers? could be wrong about the number but it was 0% working hah.
    And yeah, if you really go 2 in master only I guess I wouldn't mind warrs hopping around coz you do much more dmg to them (without 65 reduction thats like pking with 1 iron part less). But I mean even that skill is bugged, I saw 2 warriors exchange places lol, just tp to each other and somehow both succeed?

I enjoyed reading your article, but I would like to correct some mistakes. While some servers are being shaped, they are completely shaped according to the wishes and desires of the users. But players generally look hard at innovations and some studies, for example, some of the items you mentioned give 5% more damage, etc. as. As you said, change is a very necessary subject, but you also need to have an audience that can adapt to it. I am speaking by giving an example, we, as FunMYKO, have completely made our shaping and infrastructure according to unlimited optimization. As you said, we have created a 72 Light MYKO database, but every system up to 83 is ready, including the level up system and skills. If players request it, we are actively considering integrating it immediately. I would like to talk a little bit about this on behalf of our own server, we want to know and listen to the users who want to create this. We have a test server that is currently in beta and we have a 2-week process to shape it. Currently, many players have entered and tested it and express that they are satisfied with the system and are working to support us. I would like to let you know that we will take your suggestion into consideration, and if you would like to express your opinions in this kind of server work, we would be very happy to see you among us

Thank you very much for expressing your thoughts and ideas clearly, we will really try to pay attention to what you say as FunMYKO.