Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 272
Like Tree16Likes

Tek-KO v1.534 PK SERVER - OFFICIAL RELEASE 06/14/2013 - 12 PM

This is a discussion on Tek-KO v1.534 PK SERVER - OFFICIAL RELEASE 06/14/2013 - 12 PM within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by twostars lol, writing a software firewall to replace a dedicated upstream hardware solution. On the assumption that'll ...
Page: 10


  1. #136
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    lol, writing a software firewall to replace a dedicated upstream hardware solution. On the assumption that'll actually resolve your attack problem, why the hell don't you have something in place locally already? And more to the point: why do you need to write your own firewall? :/
    He's using the "we", but he's simply a leech on this server, you should talk to lloyd to get some answers.
    Prodigy™ likes this.

  2. #137
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    It's awesome how the haters keeps showing up and getting together, feeling special man thanks.

    @twoe : Alot of reasons(though i wont reveal them ) , our sponsor has bought separated servers for everything im tanking one for networks(not hardware as you think) and the teacher of lloyd will help him with firewall , from my part i got a few friends that i can ask of ,its a more reliable option to keep the "traffic" with a network than with an app(software) but yet coolboy is somehow right im not fully helping it eventho i got knowledge in c++ and ASM im not helping in that part, im just sharing knowledge giving advices and such ,Lloyd is pretty much doing everything regarding the panel,the game itself ,though editing ,moving aint a big deal , im just asking people around for some "worthful" advices to keep learning, no1 borns with an ubber knowledge so, the little i can help still an step forward to keep it going .


    ps: I could manage a decent war today with 160 peeps on (was a bit late turks were sleeping i guess) and there wasnt any lag at all , let's see if it keeps like that tomorrow with 300-400 peeps.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneCanStopMe View Post
    forum and ko panel arent work
    Panel is disabled in purpose , forum hasnt been doing as far im aware i been browsing now and then from mobile and didnt had any problem .
    Last edited by LambOfGod; 03-30-2013 at 12:45 AM.
    zuka likes this.

  3. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    our sponsor has bought separated servers for everything im tanking one for networks(not hardware as you think) and the teacher of lloyd will help him with firewall , from my part i got a few friends that i can ask of ,its a more reliable option to keep the "traffic" with a network than with an app(software)
    I have no idea what you're talking about -- in fact, I don't think you even know what you're talking about, but that may very well be due to your trouble with the English language. Let's go back to what you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by PendexO
    "Fix the lag" isnt the right term , we got one of the best host out there, thing is the we putted on our Cisco Guard to avoid those DDoS atacks, but the Cisco Guard itself also causes lag and it also disabled our PUS , that's the main reason why the pus was disabled in first place , we currently coding an OWN FIREWALL , so the cisco wont be lagging anymore.
    You said, and I quote, you guys are "coding an own firewall". This implies a software solution, yes? You also said the server was put behind Cisco guard; this is a hardware solution, yes?

    Yes: DDoS mitigation is nothing without the upstream capability to divert packets (if that's what you're referring to by "for everything im tanking one for networks", but I really have no idea what that's supposed to say, sorry).
    That, however, has nothing to do with what you or I said.

    I simply remarked upon the fact that if: writing your own software firewall is good enough to replace a hardware firewall, why are you even bothering with it in the first place? In hindsight, the sarcasm isn't all that evident -- but I still don't understand why you need to be coding a software firewall; unless by coding, you mean configuring...
    Prodigy™ likes this.

  4. #139
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    I guess the trouble that you had with Devile on KoTastic didnt help you in this area , we're working on a Firewall with networks, coding is a secondary thing if you know any terms about network's security , i gonna be honest , i know just "some" , im still getting on date with it , but for sure its better than an app , i remember devile saying that you fixed the "atacks" of kotastics with apps\/patchs momentanly (coding)wich is still breakable for a 2000' game ,and he was backing it off with a firewall but with ur fishy attitude he gave up , im not here to discuss how we made the server , or the security side, lloyd and me are engineers we deal it with it in our own style , with our own tools we dont need advices from people we dont ask to , so please keep the smartass comments to you ,and to the group of people helping you on your "emulator" , we arent giving any info of our work, thanks.


    ps: not going off-topic any further ,just ask if you're interested in the server ,else i'll consider it as off-topic.
    zuka likes this.

  5. #140
    Senior Member zuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    MY, Wilayah Persekutuan, Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    Lol, you clueless monkey, shut the fuck up already and get off this topic, you're making lloyd's server look bad with your utter stupidity.
    I love how you resort to threats once people show how retarded you are.
    "Our work" made me laugh so much; Have you actually contributed anything to this server, you pathetic cretin?
    Your behaviour is so ridiculous,
    Did you know anything about them ? why would he make lloyd's server look bad ? you have no idea what the hex you are talking about

    You smartass troller

  6. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    I guess the trouble that you had with Devile on KoTastic didnt help you in this area , we're working on a Firewall with networks, coding is a secondary thing if you know any terms about network's security
    I'm not trying to make any smartass remarks, or question your intelligence -- so I'd appreciate it if you'd act as the moderator you are and not do the same (FYI, the problem with Devile was merely a communication problem -- I don't blame Devile for anything, it was my fault entirely for not stepping back and just taking a break. It was just a private server, after all.). YOU specifically said you were "coding an own firewall". I didn't say that; again, you said that. I was merely responding to what you said, but since you evidently don't mean any of what you said, I'm going to just chalk that up to your poor command of the English language (not an insult).

    I'm not trying to start an argument; all I wanted to know, was why you guys claim to know better than the leading engineers in that particular field.
    But that, however, all boils down to you making absolutely no sense and completely contradicting what you said earlier, so obviously there's a communication problem here. You don't need to jump straight to attacking me for my thoughts when you're obviously:
    - not understanding what I'm saying,
    - not articulating what you really mean in the language you're trying to use (i.e. English), hence the question in the first place.

    That's... all. Geez.

    I won't bother pursuing it, I was just curious. Evidently you don't mean what you say, so me trying to ask is rather pointless.

  7. #142
    Senior Member Lloyd Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    87

    Default

    If you want further information , you can basicly go through Prof.Dr. Semih Bilgen's Home Page . And yes PendexO is right. We are coding our own firewall. It might seem to be ridicolous or meaningless for you to code a firewall but well yes It is not. The reason we are coding our own firewall is that it does not of course only depend on softwares but also mainly hardware. The person I am getting help has got some different algorithms and methods to do so. He is going to use my server actually as a test server and if it works, we might even have our own firewall having both software and "hardware" parts. And yea it's true, we could've bought a firewall already, but I just wanted to kinda help to my professor that's it. There is no deeeep reason to search for.

    and I hope your upper -uber -ultra superb brain wouldn't have diffuculty to understand that. Moreover, nobody's got to speak English as their mothertongue. So please don't be an idiot.

    Just curious, what's your major? Have you graduated from any engineering branch? Just asking ( not an insult)

  8. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Phillips View Post
    Moreover, nobody's got to speak English as their mothertongue. So please don't be an idiot.
    I understand not everyone is a native English speaker -- but don't forget, when you're on an English forum you're going to want to speak in English. I was simply saying that I was hardly to blame for misunderstanding what he was saying if he couldn't express it in English... I'm not a mind reader!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Phillips View Post
    If you want further information , you can basicly go through Prof.Dr. Semih Bilgen's Home Page . And yes PendexO is right. We are coding our own firewall. It might seem to be ridicolous or meaningless for you to code a firewall but well yes It is not. The reason we are coding our own firewall is that it does not of course only depend on softwares but also mainly hardware. The person I am getting help has got some different algorithms and methods to do so. He is going to use my server actually as a test server and if it works, we might even have our own firewall having both software and "hardware" parts. And yea it's true, we could've bought a firewall already, but I just wanted to kinda help to my professor that's it. There is no deeeep reason to search for.
    Thanks for the answer; that's all I was after. Cheers.

  9. #144
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    After Cleaning the off topic , i'll remark again the stuff that is being worked doesnt have to be released , i dont have to explain/teach/show/prove NOTHING , Even lloyd posted something that shouldnt been even bothered to be shown in first place , but that is ,since its a final answer from both part this will be the last post regarding "sources" of our tools.

    For those that are wondering Lloyd is getting graduated of Electronic's Engineering (in less than 1-1.5 years ) ,and im getting graduated of Software's Engineering in a few months ,but since i been working since i was in the 6th semester i've gone from Junior to Senior Engineer a few months ago.


    Now ,please just stick to the topic if you're interested in the server .

  10. #145
    Senior Member Lloyd Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    87

    Default

    The maintaince has been postponed till the weekend. We aren't sure of the day going to be opened in the weekend. Till then, please bear with us. I will be updating the progress in here and also on forums.

  11. #146
    Senior Member Lloyd Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    87

    Default

    The server is back online.

  12. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Connected to the server . conecting server and after 5 second , discoden server . How it ?
    pls write link on the patch 1540 thx

  13. #148
    Senior Member Lloyd Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    87

  14. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Archery skİlls off! Gg this server cya

  15. #150
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    839

    Default

    if your coding skills are that great and you are indeed on your way to completely your degree, then why was your last server with the exact same name: Tek-KO Chaos Expansion to be exact, closed? obviously you were using Nero's files which were public, why didn't you just code them yourself's from scratch? i just don't understand how someone is studying something to such a high level, yet cant put a server up without it failing? no abuse intended, just interested. Why not just fix the bugs that came up in your 18xx files?

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 7
    07-13-2013, 08:36 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Open Beta Starting Today! - 9 Dragons..
    By Chuck Norris in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 10:06 AM
  2. Legend of Ares Open Beta
    By Fantasy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 12:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •