Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Tempest Knight Online New Server English Speaking Staff. Tempest Is back!!!!

This is a discussion on Tempest Knight Online New Server English Speaking Staff. Tempest Is back!!!! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ...
Page: 1

Default Tempest Knight Online New Server English Speaking Staff. Tempest Is back!!!!

konu güncell

Trying again I see. Your server says it has 1 person online via the panel, but the online users list is empty. the downloads page on your panel doesn't feature any working download links, and the download link on your forum requires that i register for a forum account to download the file (or even verify if there is a file there to download)

you havent really come any further than you were the last time you posted this server. try harder. try again.
    TheOneAndOnly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    Trying again I see. Your server says it has 1 person online via the panel, but the online users list is empty. the downloads page on your panel doesn't feature any working download links, and the download link on your forum requires that i register for a forum account to download the file (or even verify if there is a file there to download)

you havent really come any further than you were the last time you posted this server. try harder. try again.
    U are right there is things that we are working on. ko panel is 98% working. I have added in a download link to the forum site on the panel.
    Also the original tempest ko (over 5 years ago) has had spamming attempts to shut things down through download overloading so we just ask people to register on the forums and download.

We are aware that there are some issues but every server has one. we have done alot of custom coding into our server to make it secure. we will continue to work on the server no matter how good the community thinks it is. as well as add new armor , weapons, and zones that the ko community has never seen.

something that we are going to do that no other server has been good at will be adding better graphics to the game without causing lag. we have one of out devs dedicated to this project.

I do love finding out what the community things so that we may fix the issues and make a good server that everyone can play on.

Quote Originally Posted by epinephrines View Post
    we have done alot of custom coding into our server to make it secure.
    Sounds very technical!

something that we are going to do that no other server has been good at will be adding better graphics to the game without causing lag. we have one of out devs dedicated to this project.
    This was an issue in the past? The beauty of the DXT formats (which I'm assuming you're referring to here; the textures) is they're designed such that same-type (i.e. same size, format) files are in all notable respects equivalent. They should behave exactly the same no matter what they're replaced with. Unless you were to do something like explicitly create an excessively large texture that may be used quite often (the client doesn't cache them [edit: fixed typo]), you shouldn't see a performance hit by swapping out the textures. Additionally, increasing their size is of little value, as the client will downscale them regardless.

Models with excessive polygons, on the other hand, will quite possibly be more likely to cause this. I have yet to see a server create their own models, however.
    Last edited by twostars; 03-05-2013 at 12:10 PM.

U are right there is things that we are working on. ko panel is 98% working. I have added in a download link to the forum site on the panel.
    Also the original tempest ko (over 5 years ago) has had spamming attempts to shut things down through download overloading so we just ask people to register on the forums and download.

We are aware that there are some issues but every server has one. we have done alot of custom coding into our server to make it secure. we will continue to work on the server no matter how good the community thinks it is. as well as add new armor , weapons, and zones that the ko community has never seen.

I do love finding out what the community things so that we may fix the issues and make a good server that everyone can play on.

All servers get attacked by greedy nooby assclowns that (As far as i'm aware atleast. just stalked a few douzen forum threads on the matter over time) ddos them for money, paid out by the servers who think they shouldnt have any competition. granted this helps filter out some of the ill-prepared people who try to host on free/near free hosting, but moreso its going to happen to you if you release a decent server. unless that wave of ddos attacks has somehow ended, in which case disregard.

the reason i said that is that i dont care if somehow you think having a working download link on your panel (Like you should) will cause lag or slowdowns, crashes, etc. - if there isnt a working download link on your panel, you will lose people who dont want to make a forum account and a game account just to try out your server. personally i couldnt be bothered to make 2 accounts unless it was a REALLY notable server which it uh, doesnt appear to be.

also what happened to your fluent english? you're not at google translate level thankfully but come on fella. "U are right there is things.." ... "We are aware that there are some issues but every server has one" ... maybe im just being a dick, but Twostars already pointed out what most people start thinking when you use uber technical terms like "we did a lot of custom coding" .. what custom coding have you done? let me guess; its a secret? lol. and adding better textures without causing lag.. well, as he said, the client will downscale them anyways.

~ Requesting a full and clear list of features you have working, a full list of features you are working on, and a full list of the things you've done yourselves, crediting each person who's actually done them. get that out of the way asap so people dont think you're just wasting their time posting someone else's files saying "we made it so much better. we're competent computer programmers that know what we're doing" when you're really just wasting people's time giving them another broken version of something we've got too many copies of in the first place.

and as i said in the other topic you made last time, if you really are trying to make a decent server, the best of luck to you. but you might want to start thinking your posts through a little bit more at the very least.

Edit: 5 users online. Users online list is empty. might want to get that one fixed asap aswell.

and adding better textures without causing lag.. well, as he said, the client will downscale them anyways.
    Actually, that wasn't quite what I said; the textures as is are pretty horrible and can be touched up to some extent. Problem is, they can only remain at a fixed resolution (anything higher and they'll be downscaled, so it's pointless trying to give it high resolution textures) so if there's any lag (which I doubt, unless someone's done something extremely stupid) it'll be because the size of the textures was unnecessarily increased.

thanks for the reply twostarts helpfull as always.

and as for the list I will get one up and running as far as a detailed list of what we have working and not. this week.

and for the ko panel you are correct i will have the online users fixed this week. just need to modify the table a little to get it to work with the ko panel or vise vera =D

thanks for the feed back
    Epinephrine

I know me myself don't like having to register on forums, I was going to play sexyko and found out I had to refer to the forum and make account and download from there, so I said never mind I am not playing there. I don't feel like registering ingame account and also registering forum account and then it took 1 day to even get an email verification to my gmail and I did keep trying to send verification to try and speed up the waiting process but it never worked so yeah try and put a dl link somewhere other than the forum unless you make it accessible to unregistered members for that certain page of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Actually, that wasn't quite what I said; the textures as is are pretty horrible and can be touched up to some extent. Problem is, they can only remain at a fixed resolution (anything higher and they'll be downscaled, so it's pointless trying to give it high resolution textures) so if there's any lag (which I doubt, unless someone's done something extremely stupid) it'll be because the size of the textures was unnecessarily increased.
    my mistake Two, I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't exactly write out what i meant. i.e. just blindly quoted and agreed with you since well, who's going to argue with the guru of KO? haha. as far as in-game goes, there are no new textures. if there are, they aren't noticeable

OT; I got bored last night and made an account, tried playing for a little bit and i've got to tell you, your server has some incredibly frustrating bugs. the worst ones i encountered are related to items; giga axes cant be upgraded (i killed samma in esl and in cz, got a 2h light giga both times. when you try to use a BES to make it +1 it says its the wrong scroll. Bus does the same). but you know, i can live without giga axes... but the Chitin Shield i HAD in my Inn is gone. where it went is beyond me. i stored it right beside a scorpion shield, chitin bow, and scorpion bow and logged out to try making a sin (no minor cooldown, and 5k+ mana = boss soloing machine) when i logged back in the CS was gone and the Scorpion bow became a crappy bow with a Magic Item tag (cant be upgraded), and was +1. the character names are Brick and Zer0 (lol, borderlands) if you feel like checking into it. I've got screenshots of most if not all the drops i got.

the sundries has scrolls for sale on the last page (300, 1500, att, and sw scrolls to be specific) that are unbuyable. the trans scrolls that you can buy dont work. meaning my assasin is far more viable than my warrior since it has wolf. if i feel like wasting more time (and if i somehow get back the items that dissapeared from my inn) i might consider testing out a BP. but with my luck the Prayers of god's power wont work or something stupid like that.

Warrior issues: scorpion scythes only absorb 5% of the damage they inflict. at +0, all the way to +6. (didnt risk +7) that might not be a bug, i dont know. but 50 hp back per 1,000 dmg is worthless when you cut your ap in half to wear the thing in the first place.. speaking of worthless, the warrior 80 skill. SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM MISTAKEN, but, the level 70 attack skill howling sword does 300% and 150 extra dmg which is working fine. the level 80 is supposed to be 350% as far as i know (Again, someone please correct me if im wrong) and some negligible damage. in your server its just 300% making it afaik pointless to go beyond 70 attack on a warrior. i didnt find anyone online much that i could test pvp damages with multiple builds on, but on monsters, the lvl 70 and 80 attack skill do the same damage. Also I was unable to find any scream scrolls anywhere.

Assasin Concerns: critical point refuses to let me cast it regardless of the circumstances, though im not sure if im maybe not using it right. it did not work in cz, moradon, or eslant regardless of whether i was taking damage from monsters, in mid attack, standing in town, etc. - nothing seemed to work. is it disabled to gimp sins slightly or.. am i just stupid and im trying to use it wrong somehow?

And the obvious one... lamias drop 3 different peices of mage complete +5, where you can only get priest, assassin and warrior shell pauldrons. is there any reason you've made it so any class but int mages have to make their armour from +1? yeah, bulcans drop gold bars and you can just buy bus, but your upgrade rates are bullshit as far as im concerned. it CLAIMS 35% to +8, 20% to +9, and 10% to +10.. but out of my experience i was getting closer to 20% to +8, 10% to +9, and i burned 17 +9 items in total. never got a +10. to get those +9's i used over 450 bus. you SURE your upgrade rates are right?

I am Timmeh Senior Member

screen shots?

my mistake Two, I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't exactly write out what i meant. i.e. just blindly quoted and agreed with you since well, who's going to argue with the guru of KO? haha. as far as in-game goes, there are no new textures. if there are, they aren't noticeable

OT; I got bored last night and made an account, tried playing for a little bit and i've got to tell you, your server has some incredibly frustrating bugs. the worst ones i encountered are related to items; giga axes cant be upgraded (i killed samma in esl and in cz, got a 2h light giga both times. when you try to use a BES to make it +1 it says its the wrong scroll. Bus does the same). but you know, i can live without giga axes... but the Chitin Shield i HAD in my Inn is gone. where it went is beyond me. i stored it right beside a scorpion shield, chitin bow, and scorpion bow and logged out to try making a sin (no minor cooldown, and 5k+ mana = boss soloing machine) when i logged back in the CS was gone and the Scorpion bow became a crappy bow with a Magic Item tag (cant be upgraded), and was +1. the character names are Brick and Zer0 (lol, borderlands) if you feel like checking into it. I've got screenshots of most if not all the drops i got.

the sundries has scrolls for sale on the last page (300, 1500, att, and sw scrolls to be specific) that are unbuyable. the trans scrolls that you can buy dont work. meaning my assasin is far more viable than my warrior since it has wolf. if i feel like wasting more time (and if i somehow get back the items that dissapeared from my inn) i might consider testing out a BP. but with my luck the Prayers of god's power wont work or something stupid like that.

Warrior issues: scorpion scythes only absorb 5% of the damage they inflict. at +0, all the way to +6. (didnt risk +7) that might not be a bug, i dont know. but 50 hp back per 1,000 dmg is worthless when you cut your ap in half to wear the thing in the first place.. speaking of worthless, the warrior 80 skill. SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM MISTAKEN, but, the level 70 attack skill howling sword does 300% and 150 extra dmg which is working fine. the level 80 is supposed to be 350% as far as i know (Again, someone please correct me if im wrong) and some negligible damage. in your server its just 300% making it afaik pointless to go beyond 70 attack on a warrior. i didnt find anyone online much that i could test pvp damages with multiple builds on, but on monsters, the lvl 70 and 80 attack skill do the same damage. Also I was unable to find any scream scrolls anywhere.

Assasin Concerns: critical point refuses to let me cast it regardless of the circumstances, though im not sure if im maybe not using it right. it did not work in cz, moradon, or eslant regardless of whether i was taking damage from monsters, in mid attack, standing in town, etc. - nothing seemed to work. is it disabled to gimp sins slightly or.. am i just stupid and im trying to use it wrong somehow?

And the obvious one... lamias drop 3 different peices of mage complete +5, where you can only get priest, assassin and warrior shell pauldrons. is there any reason you've made it so any class but int mages have to make their armour from +1? yeah, bulcans drop gold bars and you can just buy bus, but your upgrade rates are bullshit as far as im concerned. it CLAIMS 35% to +8, 20% to +9, and 10% to +10.. but out of my experience i was getting closer to 20% to +8, 10% to +9, and i burned 17 +9 items in total. never got a +10. to get those +9's i used over 450 bus. you SURE your upgrade rates are right?
    first off i will say ur right we havent released any of the new textures we are working on yet. we would rather do a good job and not rush than rush and make it so so.

also thank you for posting about the player issues and the skills I will be checking all skills this weekend and making sure they are working the way they should. I tested the durring beta but you are the first person to point out any flaws with the dmg I will look into it and we have no means to make sins worthless i like sins and like playing them. we will be fixing these issues.

also i double checked the upgrade rates and yes they are what i stated they are on the site.

thanks for the feed back and making the server a better place.
    Epinephrine
    Last edited by epinephrines; 03-08-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    screen shots?
    making a video of the server this weekend.

We think thats better than a few screen shots of the server.

making a video of the server this weekend.

We think thats better than a few screen shots of the server.
    How can making a video of ur server make it better? Isnt that what ur implying?

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    How can making a video of ur server make it better? Isnt that what ur implying?
    i think you read into that a little to much .

we are making a video becasue it will show off the ingame aspect of the server better than a few screen shots in our opinion

we never said a video was going to make the server better. i even confused on how that would work.

hope that clears that up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast