Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Is there any normal server ?..

This is a discussion on Is there any normal server ?.. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The 18xx version of KO is THE most stupidiest attempt to balance classes. At this point I am refering especially ...
Page: 3

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

The 18xx version of KO is THE most stupidiest attempt to balance classes. At this point I am refering especially to rogue point of view. Minor cool down was implemented due to increase of pedal-like accesories. In practice it basicaly enables pedalers to be even more efficient. In 15xx you could still pedal with 2 or 3 minors with 3 or 4 attack bars hence the low fps, but the patch in 18xx disables the use of 2 or 3 minors or they become uneffective compared to macro or pedal minor heal. Thumbs up for 15xx
    Nagato likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    The 18xx version of KO is THE most stupidiest attempt to balance classes. At this point I am refering especially to rogue point of view. Minor cool down was implemented due to increase of pedal-like accesories. In practice it basicaly enables pedalers to be even more efficient. In 15xx you could still pedal with 2 or 3 minors with 3 or 4 attack bars hence the low fps, but the patch in 18xx disables the use of 2 or 3 minors or they become uneffective compared to macro or pedal minor heal. Thumbs up for 15xx
    Is this a private server section? I think it is.

I really wish people would quit looking at these versions and seeing them as they were on official servers; it's completely unfair. Official shouldn't have to reflect how a private server behaves. Yes, official is completely retarded.
    Owners have messed with skills, and even animation files + models on older versions. There's even all sorts of hacked up events attempting to copy newer event behaviour. These old servers tend to merely vaguely resemble what they were originally.

So why not allow* them the chance to do the same with newer versions? :/

*Or at least, quit unnecessarily blaming mgame for what's - at this point, for all anyone cares - a private server developer's problem. I don't understand the need to revert back to 1.5xx, all I see is laziness...

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Is this a private server section? I think it is.

I really wish people would quit looking at these versions and seeing them as they were on official servers; it's completely unfair. Official shouldn't have to reflect how a private server behaves. Yes, official is completely retarded.
    Owners have messed with skills, and even animation files + models on older versions. There's even all sorts of hacked up events attempting to copy newer event behaviour. These old servers tend to merely vaguely resemble what they were originally.

So why not allow* them the chance to do the same with newer versions? :/

*Or at least, quit unnecessarily blaming mgame for what's - at this point, for all anyone cares - a private server developer's problem. I don't understand the need to revert back to 1.5xx, all I see is laziness...
    You went to deep in the subject. All I'm saying (and I guess Cooper as well) is that the 18xx+ version are just NOT COOL compared to the previous ones, I don't know, there's just way to many useless effects and features like wings and so on (and I won't even get in the unbalance subject as alredy mentioned above), also the gameplay got worst.

And actually, IMHO, it is the private servers that SHOULD be ALWAYS reflected on the Original (and it has been most of the time), after all who is some "random" (I'm generalazing) developer to mess and change major things here and there (which only leads to more unbalance and further mistakes)? .Note that I'm really in favor of small changes from server to server like drop and exp rates,itens,mobs,events,etc (since this is what make each private server unique).

So my question is: Why not to revert back instead of going through all this unecessary trouble if the PLAYERS don't even like the version ? (I'm obviously talking about the private server).
    Last edited by Manhattan; 08-28-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    You went to deep in the subject. All I'm saying (and I guess Cooper as well) is that the 18xx+ version are just NOT COOL compared to the previous ones, I don't know, there's just way to many useless effects and features like wings and so on (and I won't even get in the unbalance subject as alredy mentioned above), also the gameplay got worst.

And actually, IMHO, it is the private servers that SHOULD be ALWAYS reflected on the Original (and it has been most of the time), after all who is some "random" (I'm generalazing) developer to mess and change major things here and there (which only leads to more unbalance and further mistakes)? .Note that I'm really in favor of small changes from server to server like drop and exp rates,itens,mobs,events,etc (since this is what make each private server unique).

So my question is: Why not to revert back instead of going through all this unecessary trouble if the PLAYERS don't even like the version ? (I'm obviously talking about the private server).
    I think you're completely missing how trivial the aforementioned issues really are (slight changes!), which begs the similar question: why go to the trouble of reverting when you could just fix the real issues at hand?
    That's all I'm trying to say here -- sure, 1.8xx has some useless functionality, and sure -- mgame tweaked skills here and there. If it's preferable to return the skills to how they were, then why not just do that (or god forbid, spend some time working out the balance issues. It's not like mgame are any authority on this.). It's a complete waste of the developmental effort spent reversing & updating for this version if you're not going to bother making it work, only to revert back to an older version, and really just sacrifices features that can - if aren't already - be used for something useful.

Now, I'm starting to realise why he might be doing it. I think he must realise you guys seem to have your mind completely set against these clients, so rather than make the extremely trivial tweaks only to have you guys still not play the server because it's a newer version, he's just going back to 1.5xx which you guys will happily play simply because it's not 1.8xx.

I don't understand this logic. I don't understand it at all. WTF?

It also makes me feel like the time's been spent emulating the game has been for naught if you all have the preconceived notion that 1.8xx is bad and it's beyond "fixing" (or is not worth it)... isn't the whole point of a private server to provide a better enjoyable experience than official? That's what I've always thought private servers were, but perhaps I'm being idealistic? What then, is the real point of private servers? Why should we play private servers over official? :/

I think you're completely missing how trivial the aforementioned issues really are (slight changes!), which begs the similar question: why go to the trouble of reverting when you could just fix the real issues at hand?
    That's all I'm trying to say here -- sure, 1.8xx has some useless functionality, and sure -- mgame tweaked skills here and there. If it's preferable to return the skills to how they were, then why not just do that (or god forbid, spend some time working out the balance issues. It's not like mgame are any authority on this.). It's a complete waste of the developmental effort spent reversing & updating for this version if you're not going to bother making it work, only to revert back to an older version, and really just sacrifices features that can - if aren't already - be used for something useful.

Now, I'm starting to realise why he might be doing it. I think he must realise you guys seem to have your mind completely set against these clients, so rather than make the extremely trivial tweaks only to have you guys still not play the server because it's a newer version, he's just going back to 1.5xx which you guys will happily play simply because it's not 1.8xx.

I don't understand this logic. I don't understand it at all. WTF?

It also makes me feel like the time's been spent emulating the game has been for naught if you all have the preconceived notion that 1.8xx is bad and it's beyond "fixing" (or is not worth it)... isn't the whole point of a private server to provide a better enjoyable experience than official? That's what I've always thought private servers were, but perhaps I'm being idealistic? What then, is the real point of private servers? Why should we play private servers over official? :/
    Couldn't have said it better,I'm sure that most of the people just glance at the server info,they see the 18xx and their reaction is,nah thanks...anyways,hes the owner that ran this server for so long with such success and I think its only fair to let him do whatever he wants.

Unbalanced the classes?

Just to let you know, the whole Minor Combo itself was originally a bug. K2 had no intentions of Minor heal being used while in combat, only as a way of self heal while running ( Like a regeneration ). In almost every MMORPG, Rogues shouldn't beat Warriors unless there is a gear difference. Same with the Archer Combo, 5 Arrow - 3 Arrow was also a bug, but they didn't care to fix it since it Blew up. You can basically say that they're fixing it up now after all these years ( Basically people got used to it ). It just seems that all of you want it to be equal ball game for every class

[ Which would make sense, but wouldn't at the same time. But then again, all you guys do is complain when you don't have something your way. If a warrior kills you, you blame the Scream Rate and their massive hp. If you die to a archer, you blame the Archer Combo. Die to a mage? Stun Rates are too high. Die to a BP? Helis OP, Nerf plox. A balance between classes would mean there are counters to each class. Sort of like Rock Paper Scissors. Everything has to beat something. ]

As for all the items they added, I am totally NOT against them. I rather have wings, pathos gloves, rebirths, all that extra crap, than everybody running around in the same items ( Shells and Rappies, or Shells and Shards ). Unique looks are awesome in my eyes. Rather be able to tell my character from others.

I believe that we see things from different points of view. To players, this 18xx means chaos, krowaz etc. To you it's simply a different version to work on. If you bring me a 18xx server then I am led to believe that it is trying to be like official. 15xx simply had better stuff in it than 18xx.
    Manhattan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I believe that we see things from different points of view. To players, this 18xx means chaos, krowaz etc. To you it's simply a different version to work on. If you bring me a 18xx server then I am led to believe that it is trying to be like official. 15xx simply had better stuff in it than 18xx.
    Fair enough, but can you maybe expand on what you personally find better, or why you prefer it?

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

i got no problems with 18xx servers , maybe there comes one out that did fix everything soon enouf , no crappy minor cd and shit , lets hope for the best guys

15xx version of KO is the best version.

it is smth between old MYKO and the newest USKO.. long capes, working blinding and other such kind of skills.

would be cool if there is any server like SexyKO was during 15xx or Tek-KO

Quote Originally Posted by Nagato View Post
    15xx version of KO is the best version.
    Can you elaborate further on why?

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    dude official servers are shit , check the newest update , monney whores thats all that they are ..
    poor ppl usually say that...lmao

Fair enough, but can you maybe expand on what you personally find better, or why you prefer it?
    I myself prefer the older maps and events they had before Krowaz was introduced. I think KO kept getting better until they introduced krowaz weapons and new maps and events. Also I like the older skill effects better

Could you please exemplify what those slight changes and real issues would be?

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LastReasoN View Post
    poor ppl usually say that...lmao
    pardon me? what kind of idiot are you ? im a old C-west player and a big donater so poor? give me a break

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast