Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Twostars and snoxd whats going on?

This is a discussion on Twostars and snoxd whats going on? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Sephiroth this is how you repay the people who built your name ^This, lol. Originally Posted by ...
Page: 3

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    this is how you repay the people who built your name
    ^This, lol.

ask BitShift, he was the ONLY one, who took the time to explain stuff over skype, explain why certain code works
    Wasting someones time because you're incapable of learning by yourself. Congratulations.

and in which within a short amount of time, i managed to code new functions and build new events etc.
    Sure, you learnt. lol.

Why did i chargeback?
    That's the point. That you did chargeback. Did you get what you spent the money for (i.e. KC) ? Obviously you got 'em. So STFU and quit the game or chargeback and be a dick.

WE DON'T WANT SNOXD BACK, WE JUST WANT YOU TO BE HONEST AND GIVE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SPENT HOURS POSTING AND REPLYING, TO GIVE THE INFORMATION BACK, FOR PEOPLE TO USE IN THE FUTURE.
    Stop referring to others. You need that information for your own benefits. And you're talking about information that's written by others who didn't bother to request them back. Because if I remember well, you never shared anything but, you used to ask questions and leech instead, for many years. Afterall, all the information that used to be necessary on snoxd are info regarding tags which can be found on the source files of 10xx ko version. Stop acting like a spoiled kid and use your brain for once in your life.

P.S. This is the 3rd case of you scamming someone. Wow, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    Grobar, DISAPPEAR.

Ban in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not Grobar and i don't know who's.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Stop trying to twist my words, holy fuck. I know some people have helped out in the past. I never said they didn't.
    You know exactly what it was I meant; the point I was making was that particular individual expected a free lunch (which, tbh is indicative of most people in the community). Nothing more to it than that.
    Nobody's trying to twist your words here.
    I think the communications with you is just difficult, but when more than 2 peoples trying to light you a point here in public(I'm pretty sure there are more), it wouldn't be bad to open your self to listen for a second.

because in all honesty, I don't feel comfortable handing anyone the database -- aside from Aesteris, there's literally nobody in this community I trust to use that information as they say they will (and only as they say they will).
    Not trying to fire things up, but truncating the private tables, like login information and so and creating a new db dump takes exactly few minutes.
    I'm not begging for Snoxd, so don't feed your ego by accident, but i do want Snoxd to continue, for the new people who wants to learn and for us to read stuffs in our free time when we want, nothing is wrong in doing it.
    I like to help people in Skype, but it will be more informative to link them to specific topics to read how people solved specific subjects.

That's really not too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilad View Post
    Not trying to fire things up, but truncating the private tables, like login information and so and creating a new db dump takes exactly few minutes.
    I'm not begging for Snoxd, so don't feed your ego by accident, but i do want Snoxd to continue, for the new people who wants to learn and for us to read stuffs in our free time when we want, nothing is wrong in doing it.
    I like to help people in Skype, but it will be more informative to link them to specific topics to read how people solved specific subjects.

If you care that much, then take the time to put up your own site for those purposes. Simple.

also the fact that you actually never helped anyone to get involved in the snoxd project it was "if you want to contribute start contributing" there were no helpful tips or explanation's on how thing's work or how to even get into the project and where to start coding.... ask BitShift, he was the ONLY one, who took the time to explain stuff over skype, explain why certain code works and in which within a short amount of time, i managed to code new functions and build new events etc.
    I helped those that asked. Aesteris is proof of that. Don't confuse your unwillingness to participate with my unwillingness to help people; the entire reason the project existed was to help people.

Keep reverting away from the question here which is.. NOT THE CONTENT BUT THE POSTS THAT WERE MADE WITH INFORMATION IN THEM, ARE UN-ACCESSIBLE, they are more information on them that is more worth then the content not just to me BUT THE COMMUNITY YOU YOURSELF HELPED TO BUILD, what are you not getting? people really respected you, now look at you? acting like just another private server owner...

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about the content, but the information that was priceless for people who were still interested in making a change and giving a private server a real go, but i guess because your a selfish twat and everyone liked (hence past tense.) to sit on your dick, its all gone to your head.

WE DON'T WANT SNOXD BACK, WE JUST WANT YOU TO BE HONEST AND GIVE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SPENT HOURS POSTING AND REPLYING, TO GIVE THE INFORMATION BACK, FOR PEOPLE TO USE IN THE FUTURE.

the real question here is, why are you so reluctant to give the content out? delete all the usernames and password from the database, no one wants that, "i won't just give anyone the database, apart from the person who works on the same server as me." what a joke, just admit it, your making a happy amount of money and don't want another server to take your income, so its easier to just leave snoxd well alone.
    Except they're not. Look back to the 3rd? post in this thread. They're all right there.

I really don't understand what your problem is. You're after the content (edit: including the posts, I'm sorry!), I'm saying it's out there, you've even been linked to it; what more do you want? Is that not good enough for some reason?

;_;
    Truffles likes this.

Snoxd was never supported by the english community because it was classed as a koxp forum to those who did not care about the developing side and the "english" community does not like to support koxp! even though most do it behind closed doors. Talking back in the days when KO was at its peak specially for english players.

Little archer Senior Member

Something something beggars something forsake dignity etc

@Royal, interesting thoughts.
    Truffles likes this.

There is many ways to get the continent from google, because a lot people made a backup of the things once snoxd started to be on/off forum. Just stop waiting for everything to be handed down to you. I don't even suggest anyone to re launch the forum, because people never learn they just expect to have solution not help.

Hate it or love it I really have to agree with twostars on this one.

It also seems to me like the very same people who are so interested in Snoxd (I count 3 in this topic) are the same people who have personal issues with twostars - and asking about snoxd is not done out of genuine care but rather in an attempt to stir the shit pot.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    Just stop waiting for everything to be handed down to you. I don't even suggest anyone to re launch the forum, because people never learn they just expect to have solution not help.
    Were you looking into a mirror when you wrote that?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not Grobar and i don't know who's.

Nobody's trying to twist your words here.
    I think the communications with you is just difficult, but when more than 2 peoples trying to light you a point here in public(I'm pretty sure there are more), it wouldn't be bad to open your self to listen for a second.

If you want snoxd to continue so bad, why don't you tell everyone here what your Snoxd name was? Better yet, who are you and why are you only now creating a G4L account but have so much care about snoxd?

Were you looking into a mirror when you wrote that?
    really? I'm probably the only one in this community who can say that i haven't harassment 2star for a patches, or information. I never sent 2star PM for help, nor I expect to get anything. When I joined the community at end of 2009. I had a struggle as we all did, but I learned from the topics, and answers I didn't continue PMing 2star for help unlike you and many others.

and your opinion, don't have any value sorry. All I tried to mean with my reply, was that if people haven't yet learned the basics in these 6 years then they should look at different game hosting.

Stop trying to twist my words, holy fuck. I know some people have helped out in the past. I never said they didn't.
    You know exactly what it was I meant; the point I was making was that particular individual expected a free lunch (which, tbh is indicative of most people in the community). Nothing more to it than that.
    No, you knew exactly what you meant. I honestly had no idea what the fuck you meant by saying: "then you pay for it." Really?!?

If you care that much, then take the time to put up your own site for those purposes. Simple.
    Why is the solution always to start from scratch? Even with the content flowing around it's a ton of work. And when it is all said-and-done who's to say you don't decide to open Snoxd again after all? For you it's simply a few clicks. You know that's why we have a 1,000 different Linux distros right? the "I know I can do it better so I'll start my own Snoxd with blackjack and hookers" mentality.

Whatever, its fine - a more C++ oriented and open community is perpendicular enough to Snoxd to be successful on its own anyways. It's just shity that you are unwilling to work with me on this...

really? I'm probably the only one in this community who can say that i haven't harassment 2star for a patches, or information. I never sent 2star PM for help, nor I expect to get anything. When I joined the community at end of 2009. I had a struggle as we all did, but I learned from the topics, and answers I didn't continue PMing 2star for help unlike you and many others.
    Why is this something to be proud of? The whole point of having a community is so shit like this doesn't have to happen, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BitShift View Post
    Why is this something to be proud of? The whole point of having a community is so shit like this doesn't have to happen, right?
    I'm not proud of it or bragging about it. It's just to shut this vincent up who has been poisoning this community for years. Sorry , if you misunderstood my meaning.

I'm not proud of it or bragging about it. It's just to shut this vincent up who has been poisoning this community for years. Sorry , if you misunderstood my meaning.
    Poisoned in what way? Need I remind you PSKO was on the verge of dying off until I released a security guide for you noobs who followed Omega and DeathEffigy's guide (which was all of you). You used it as well, was it poison?

Poisoned in what way? Need I remind you PSKO was on the verge of dying off until I released a security guide for you noobs who followed Omega and DeathEffigy's guide (which was all of you). You used it as well, was it poison?
    My server was up before your "guide" so I don't know whether it was anywhere near effective , or not. So I can't comment on that. FYI I haven't hosted anything for 4 years, nor I never had power-up-store I only hosted at 2010/2012 for sake of people, and people can vouch for it. My dedicated is up even now, for different purposes.

so instead of assuming that I used your guide from 2014 how about you would check the facts first..... This is going so off topic again, so I wont be replying to you anymore.

Sorry, I misunderstood the context of your conversation. But I do feel like you hit on a very important point because most people on here aren't very inviting when it comes to answering questions related to KO. In school questions are highly encouraged and often those asking the most questions end up with the highest grades. If I could have received my degrees on my own I wouldn't have gone to school and asked all those questions. Even having others there on the battle field with you helps keep you motivated. "Admitting one’s ignorance is the beginning of wisdom" - and I try to be the first to admit my ignorance

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast