Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree11Likes

Undisputed KO | Official: 9.5.2014 - 7 PM GMT+2 [70 CAP,+8 items, +0 uniques]

This is a discussion on Undisputed KO | Official: 9.5.2014 - 7 PM GMT+2 [70 CAP,+8 items, +0 uniques] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; It's nothing to worry about.. guy is being a complete and utter dumbass....
Page: 6

Banned Senior Member

It's nothing to worry about.. guy is being a complete and utter dumbass.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

The ACME company really took wrong turn with this update. The old version was working just fine :/
    Tradin ACM for SOACS... anyone? xD
    Manhattan likes this.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    The ACME company really took wrong turn with this update. The old version was working just fine :/
    Tradin ACM for SOACS... anyone? xD
    SOACS is too expensive according your brother's budget =p.

What sevki did wrong with ACME is that he wrote a kernel driver.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    It's not harmful it's the new ACME coding making it false positive.
    Thanks Sheldon. So what about the sound then, I can't get used to playing without it...

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    It's nothing to worry about.. guy is being a complete and utter dumbass.
    In fairness, you're assuming that ACME always has good intentions, and that they don't make mistakes (from the looks of this thread, the latter assumption at least is fairly off-kilter).
    Regardless of their intentions, being alarmed by virus reports is a good thing; much better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to abnormal behaviour such as this (even if it's just the 1 hit detected you should be careful, as in the past some servers have abused the fact that players are so used to it throwing a false report by default by throwing an actual virus in there).

The real question is, though, what's actually being reported/detected? Nobody's actually mentioned that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    What sevki did wrong with ACME is that he wrote a kernel driver.
    Nothing wrong with that so long as it's a. not broken, and b. signed.
    Short of doing this it's fairly impossible to even differentiate valid input, for example, though it helps a lot to simply have access to the higher-level API (more reliable checking that APIs haven't been hooked, or well, even simply being able to use them at a much higher level *above* any hooks).

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    In fairness, you're assuming that ACME always has good intentions, and that they don't make mistakes (from the looks of this thread, the latter assumption at least is fairly off-kilter).
    Regardless of their intentions, being alarmed by virus reports is a good thing; much better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to abnormal behaviour such as this (even if it's just the 1 hit detected you should be careful, as in the past some servers have abused the fact that players are so used to it throwing a false report by default by throwing an actual virus in there).

The real question is, though, what's actually being reported/detected? Nobody's actually mentioned that yet.

Nothing wrong with that so long as it's a. not broken, and b. signed.
    Short of doing this it's fairly impossible to even differentiate valid input, for example, though it helps a lot to simply have access to the higher-level API (more reliable checking that APIs haven't been hooked, or well, even simply being able to use them at a much higher level *above* any hooks).
    Sure it offers to 'em a better control but as you can see the issues are too many. Not to include the issues they 'd have by running it on a different OS..

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Sure it offers to 'em a better control but as you can see the issues are too many. Not to include the issues they 'd have by running it on a different OS..
    Don't be daft. The issues they're experiencing are clearly their fault, and nothing to do with the fact they used a kernel driver. A client-side anticheat worth its salt absolutely requires the use of such a driver.
    As for "issues on a different OS", there should be no compatibility issues with anything this needs to use. I think what you're referring to is issues on 64-bit operating systems, since these require the driver to be signed before it'll load it; whether they've done this, I don't know. I would assume so, but without knowing more details about players are experiencing, I couldn't say for certain.

The only issue I'm aware of is the alleged false positives by antiviruses, so that really doesn't speak all that poorly of it.
    That said, if there's others... just give them time to fix it, as I'm sure they will. The anticheat will be much better off going forward (with the kernel driver), rather than backward...

Edit:
    So the problem is mostly connectivity issues? On a cheap, shared VPS?
    Why exactly is ACME to blame for it?

just change name to acmeupdate2 when it says error...should fix it..also server real laggy =/

Banned Regular Member

We need give time acme for fix the bug of lagg'y minor, potion etc in windows 7- bit 64 no everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ProJoinT View Post
    We need give time acme for fix the bug of lagg'y minor, potion etc in windows 7- bit 64 no everyone.
    ACME is not to blame if it's having a delay , because most likely it's dedicated issue as two already mentioned. There is not specs posted so it is probably one of flash free V P S.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    ACME is not to blame if it's having a delay , because most likely it's dedicated issue as two already mentioned. There is not specs posted so it is probably one of flash free V P S.
    No lol, it depends where you are from.
    I have dedi with OVH in Canada, so some people obviously lag.
    Why in Canada? Beacuse if i order EU 20 % VAT is applied which isn't that little anymore.
    There is no better dedi to take to combine DDos protection and budget.
    What this Janek is most likely referring to is the minor "stack up" bug that occurs on weak computers after new acme update.
    Basically when you are minoring it looks like your screen would be freezing a little, which doesn't occur on strong PC's.
    I've already informed sevki about this aswell.
    And just for you mortal, lovely specs.
    http://shrani.si/f/3N/QG/LIwPIsR/hijah.jpg

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    What this Janek is most likely referring to is the minor "stack up" bug that occurs on weak computers after new acme update.
    Yes, much player's have the problem, but my friends have low computer 1 cores cpu [3,46 ghz] 1 gb/2 gb ram - windows prof x64 bit and no have lagg'y of fps [minor] i have 2 cores cpu 3.0 / 3 gb ram, windows 7 home premium x64 bit. So?

i have quad core 3.2 4 gb ram and 1gb ram on my video card...

also wondering what drops the armor thats right before FP ? thanks.. for priest specificly..since i cant buy from NPC since its bugged
    Last edited by iCheeseDanish; 05-10-2014 at 11:41 AM.

go back to minecraft noob ;D

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    05-09-2014, 12:29 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    05-09-2014, 12:27 PM
  3. Hits: 84
    05-03-2014, 07:03 AM
  4. Hits: 4
    05-03-2014, 05:46 AM