Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

version 1800 with rebirth system

This is a discussion on version 1800 with rebirth system within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; u openin a server in the late future boshar?...
Page: 2


  1. #16
    Senior Member Teddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    415

    Default

    u openin a server in the late future boshar?

  2. #17
    Owner of Tempelritter. Senior Member Boshar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    u openin a server in the late future boshar?
    Probably not, one man can't fix everything that fast.. so i might not be able to fix everything i'll just see what i can do, if everything turns out good i'll release the fixed repack on snoxd.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boshar View Post
    Probably not, one man can't fix everything that fast.. so i might not be able to fix everything i'll just see what i can do, if everything turns out good i'll release the fixed repack on snoxd.
    Although the existing server design is horrible, if you open up a public SVN for it, I will contribute here and there - just so long as I'm not the only one doing so.

  4. #19
    Owner of Tempelritter. Senior Member Boshar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Although the existing server design is horrible, if you open up a public SVN for it, I will contribute here and there - just so long as I'm not the only one doing so.
    Sure thing twostars, but these servers files are trulley gay i may say.. everything is bugged in it, it'll take forever if you know what i mean but i'm doing what i can.

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boshar View Post
    Sure thing twostars, but these servers files are trulley gay i may say.. everything is bugged in it, it'll take forever if you know what i mean but i'm doing what i can.
    It's fine, I've messed with it extensively in the past... and seen what's unfortunately been made of it (i.e. 18xx source update).

    Just hook up an SVN repo somewhere (or I suppose even github) & give me some details and I'll see what I can do when I have the chance.

  6. #21
    Owner of Tempelritter. Senior Member Boshar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    It's fine, I've messed with it extensively in the past... and seen what's unfortunately been made of it (i.e. 18xx source update).

    Just hook up an SVN repo somewhere (or I suppose even github) & give me some details and I'll see what I can do when I have the chance.
    i did try github but it got messy i didn't know how to exactly share the server files so i got bored of it :/ console is not user friendly at all, anyway's i debugged an ebenezer crash but it was all in ASM and i don't understand it, but do you ?

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boshar View Post
    i did try github but it got messy i didn't know how to exactly share the server files so i got bored of it :/ console is not user friendly at all, anyway's i debugged an ebenezer crash but it was all in ASM and i don't understand it, but do you ?
    I personally prefer subversion myself, but you're messing with the source not the released binaries right? If not, disregard everything I said.

    The SVN client I use with Windows is TortoiseSVN (I used to find the AnkhSVN VS addon caused a bit of grief, but it's probably fixed now).
    You'd create the SVN repo on... say, Subversion, Git & Mercurial Hosting, Project Tracking, Trac Hosting & Agile Tools (they're actually quite nice, now that assembla's gone to hell), "checkout" the repository with TortoiseSVN, then commit your current source files to it (again, via TortoiseSVN).

    The fun part is that all of that can be done from Windows Explorer - right-click on your current source folder, select "TortoiseSVN -> Checkout", enter in your repo details (address, user/pass), "OK" - then you'd right-click the folder again, and "SVN Commit..." - select all the files (ignore the binaries/object files - waste of time committing those, all we care about are the source files that will ultimately generate them), enter in a message if you desire, and commit.

    From then on:
    - before any work you'd right-click your folder, go "SVN Update" (in case, for example, I made any changes) and
    - after making changes, you'd right-click your folder, and go "SVN Commit" (as above).

    Sounds a little convulated, and admittedly the AnkhSVN addon was good for cutting down on a lot of that, but it becomes habit after a while (and really isn't that much drama).

    Also, if you're testing it (locally), with source, you might as well be debugging it in VS - you shouldn't need to be working with assembly at all.

  8. #23
    epicurus Senior Member Decerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Compton,CA.
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Twostars posts are like french to me...can't understand shit

  9. #24
    Jesus Savior! Senior Member Sp1ke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    Twostars posts are like french to me...can't understand shit
    more like cantonese :|

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    Twostars posts are like french to me...can't understand shit
    Well u can learn french And in this case computer language

  11. #26
    epicurus Senior Member Decerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Compton,CA.
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Well u can learn french And in this case computer language
    Well...I can't say I haven't tried...started with c++,flunked,than we moved on to java,flunked again

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Guys, no offense but can we please keep relevant to the topic or otherwise "constructive". I want him to be able to read my reply, not have to go back a million pages to find it (or not bother and miss it).

  13. #28
    Senior Member Vincents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Guys, no offense but can we please keep relevant to the topic or otherwise "constructive". I want him to be able to read my reply, not have to go back a million pages to find it (or not bother and miss it).
    Offtopic: Get your ass on MSN!!



    Ontopic: I wouldn't mind being a part of the project if a server is set up so certain people can connect. I'm no C++ guru, but I find my way around

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    Offtopic: Get your ass on MSN!!
    I'm on MSN. Interestingly enough, it says nobody else is. MSN sucks.

    Ontopic: I wouldn't mind being a part of the project if a server is set up so certain people can connect.
    Hence SVN/github.

  15. #30
    Owner of Tempelritter. Senior Member Boshar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I personally prefer subversion myself, but you're messing with the source not the released binaries right? If not, disregard everything I said.

    The SVN client I use with Windows is TortoiseSVN (I used to find the AnkhSVN VS addon caused a bit of grief, but it's probably fixed now).
    You'd create the SVN repo on... say, Subversion, Git & Mercurial Hosting, Project Tracking, Trac Hosting & Agile Tools (they're actually quite nice, now that assembla's gone to hell), "checkout" the repository with TortoiseSVN, then commit your current source files to it (again, via TortoiseSVN).

    The fun part is that all of that can be done from Windows Explorer - right-click on your current source folder, select "TortoiseSVN -> Checkout", enter in your repo details (address, user/pass), "OK" - then you'd right-click the folder again, and "SVN Commit..." - select all the files (ignore the binaries/object files - waste of time committing those, all we care about are the source files that will ultimately generate them), enter in a message if you desire, and commit.

    From then on:
    - before any work you'd right-click your folder, go "SVN Update" (in case, for example, I made any changes) and
    - after making changes, you'd right-click your folder, and go "SVN Commit" (as above).

    Sounds a little convulated, and admittedly the AnkhSVN addon was good for cutting down on a lot of that, but it becomes habit after a while (and really isn't that much drama).

    Also, if you're testing it (locally), with source, you might as well be debugging it in VS - you shouldn't need to be working with assembly at all.
    alright twostars i'm currently downloading it and built up the project account ill send you the information when am done , i'm going out now and when i get back maybe i can start coding. peace

    EDIT : http://xp-dev.com/sc/browse/130648/

    message me with your xp-dev account so i'll give you permission to write.
    and i'll be hosting a local server soon so download the 1800 client and change the ip0=ufn.no-ip.org
    Last edited by Boshar; 07-15-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •