Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twostars

What is the fast way to develop server?

This is a discussion on What is the fast way to develop server? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello all developers and gamers! Currently Im working server. I dont work fulltime. when i have freetime,im working..So it needs ...
Page: 1

Default What is the fast way to develop server?

Hello all developers and gamers!

Currently Im working server.

I dont work fulltime.

when i have freetime,im working..So it needs much time to develop.

I want to meet gamers quickly who love knightonline game.

I NEED SOME FUNCTIONS OF SERVER.(IMPORTANT:Multi Quest,Jackpot System,Event System)

Where can i get source code for developing fast? How?

Waiting for your response.Please,Please help me!

Thanks alot!!!

It's hard to find decent sources for higher version , but there is 1.081 source. Note that it's very outdated and need lot of working.. I'd just go with 1.298 or 1.310 which are pretty much complete and need very little working except of database.

Banned Senior Member

There is no fast way. Developing a server takes time and patience otherwise you're going to run into a lot of issues.

Just go with 1298 and work with what you got.

Thanks for your reply.
    in 1298 is there event system?
    Jackpot & multi quest?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPobis View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    in 1298 is there event system?
    Jackpot & multi quest?
    nah
    and who cares? these crap things isnt needed in this game
    old myko server close to knight imperia style is what most people looking for here
    without crapy new things/weapons which f4ked up this game

Quote Originally Posted by Undef View Post
    nah
    and who cares? these crap things isnt needed in this game
    old myko server close to knight imperia style is what most people looking for here
    without crapy new things/weapons which f4ked up this game
    Apparently the OP cares, and though you have every right to your own opinion, dont piss on a person's desire to make something he apparently wishes to make. You dont know what most people want, as well as you dont know how this dude wishes to make his server. He is looking for information, not your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOak View Post
    Apparently the OP cares, and though you have every right to your own opinion, dont piss on a person's desire to make something he apparently wishes to make. You dont know what most people want, as well as you dont know how this dude wishes to make his server. He is looking for information, not your opinion.
    Are you reading the same posts? We know all we need to:
    - He wants to know the "fast way to develop server" because it's too time consuming for him.
    - He's explicitly requesting source code already implementing the desired features he's after.

I think it's pretty clear he has no intent to develop anything himself; his only intent is to throw up a server to call his own with minimal to no effort, but this really shouldn't be news to anybody...

"what fast way develop server"
    Hello all developers and gamers!

Currently Im working server.

I dont work fulltime.

when i have freetime,im working..So it needs much time to develop.

I want to meet gamers quickly who love knightonline game.

I NEED SOME FUNCTIONS OF SERVER.(IMPORTANT:Multi Quest,Jackpot System,Event System)

Where can i get source code for developing fast? How?

Waiting for your response.Please,Please help me!

Thanks alot!!!
    and his other post:
    Hello all excellent developers!
    I want to buy multiquest & jackpot & event system code.
    Any version is okay.

***If you have,please help me.

***If you want to collaborate with me,please send me mail.

Thanks!

-JuniorDeveloper AlexPobis
    >.>

Yes! We all know how ORIGINAL every PKO server is, and how no one COPIES someone else's work. Just look at this first page of this Knight Online Private Server Area, and see the Uniqueness represented here <sarcasm>. What a bunch of Prima Donnas' ;-)

I PM'd dude the link to SNOXD, perhaps he can find some info there to assist him. Plenty of Guides...and a wealth of information from twostars (ty twostars) as well as others can be gotten there.

Yes,You are right!
    If it is impossible,though it needs much time,im going to develop one by one!

Yes! We all know how ORIGINAL every PKO server is, and how no one COPIES someone else's work. Just look at this first page of this Knight Online Private Server Area, and see the Uniqueness represented here <sarcasm>. What a bunch of Prima Donnas' ;-)
    I'm not sure what that has to do with anything TBH.
    I'm not against sharing work (hell, our source project was public for the longest time), but when it comes to requesting pre-coded "functions" (2 of the 3 being full-blown systems, which aren't simply isolated), it's just obviously infeasible without the rest of it -- the OP clearly doesn't know what he wants/is doing, so there's no real point in it either way.

Better to, as you've already done, forward him to someone who might sell him an entire server, though I strongly doubt they'll sell the source (just binaries) which probably suits the OP fine anyway... the OP is certainly not a programmer (despite strongly implying he is).
    nickos3 likes this.

Banned Senior Member

He isn't trying to "make" anything except a server, and in which case he isn't making anything for it.. just buying all the files and trying to buy some shit system to hopefully make his server "unique".

I don't know why people still follow crappy asian trends like multi questings, jackpotting or anything else. People play KO because it's PVP is fun, especially during the low levels/early times when noone has godly gear. Why don't you guys rely on it and still work on nonsense ideas to make your server look unique?

I'll pick a pvp oriented 1290 (uhm, forgot the actual version name) server with decent rates over any server anytime. I believe majority of G4L still wants that but server developers are stupid enough to insist on uniqueness. How many times did you see people questing in KO so you need multiple quest support? Like, what the heck.

If you want to get a server up running quickly, just use the leaked tools from twostars. Whenever he makes something, the next day it is leaked, especially his scammers list on the signature changes entirely every season. Otherwise, you'll never find any qualified developers who can develop those features for you, except twostars and few others. However, they're busy developing their own closed source emulator (it was open source once iirc maybe you can fork the old project and continue on it) and it took them 3 years (Craziness going on ko community blows my mind each time.) and I believe it is still far from being production ready.

Take my advice. Set up a server with old files, design rates and well and don't be a jerk - you'll get alot of players. I assume you're a jerk so it may not work well.

He isn't trying to "make" anything except a server, and in which case he isn't making anything for it.. just buying all the files and trying to buy some shit system to hopefully make his server "unique".

Look up the word MAKE in the Webster Dictionary. Besides, if thats what he (OP) wants to do, then by god I hope he has fun with it, and I wish him well.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Look up the word MAKE in the Webster Dictionary. Besides, if thats what he (OP) wants to do, then by god I hope he has fun with it, and I wish him well.
    I can't tell if you're being serious..

edit: never mind he edited the post before I quoted it

Ugh, don't be pedantic, seriously. You're arguing stupid things for absolutely no reason -- we both know what ReesesPieces was really (horrendously) referring to, and indeed it is obvious he's after source code, he's said it himself in his original post. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    However, they're busy developing their own closed source emulator (it was open source once iirc maybe you can fork the old project and continue on it) and it took them 3 years (Craziness going on ko community blows my mind each time.) and I believe it is still far from being production ready.
    Private/closed alpha testing at the moment, but I completely understand given how crazy this 2 year (check the Github thread; 2012) project has been. Is this real life? ._.