Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 134

What kind of server are you guys looking for ! ?

This is a discussion on What kind of server are you guys looking for ! ? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Mindflayer, Enough chit chat. Back on KOTastic ! *cracks whip*...
Page: 3


  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ka-na-da
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Mindflayer,

    Enough chit chat. Back on KOTastic ! *cracks whip*

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    120

    Default

    lol who is this then??

    And ko-tastic needs something drastic (ko-drastic hereby this server name is taken) before i log into a server that has no pk.

  3. #33
    justwatch11
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    No I'm sorry, no one can.



    MYKO version could be a success. However, most of the people that join want something that's too easy compared to the real thing. Take a look at KO Tastic. It's a perfect server with the MYKO client, and it's the closest to the actual XP/drop rates. I would have loved for that server to succeed, but unfouranetly as you've seen, people decided to leave for whatever reason that was, but I believe most left because the XPing too hard.

    So what I realized, is that the people that play private servers are just a bunch of soft kids, who can't man up and play the game the way it was made to be played.... so even though you can't do anything about that, as it's majority of the population, you could be successful in releasing a MYKO version with medium rates, like for example KI, where it takes you about a week to get to 70. We all know that those kind of servers last only 2-3 months at max, but I guess that's what people are looking for... to live in the moment.
    Lmao a private server is a server where it is easy... not hardcore like real usko get a life dude you can only talk shit over the interenet "OOOOO SCARY" yeah... i bet you amilliong dollars you live in your moms basement like stfu.. im sick of readin this and you talking shit... anyways ttyl my thing is dcz pk server would be awsome omg :P

  4. #34
    Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nazıland
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justwatch11 View Post
    Lmao a private server is a server where it is easy... not hardcore like real usko get a life dude you can only talk shit over the interenet "OOOOO SCARY" yeah... i bet you amilliong dollars you live in your moms basement like stfu.. im sick of readin this and you talking shit... anyways ttyl my thing is dcz pk server would be awsome omg :P
    I don't know about you, but the majority of people all quit playing USKO for various reasons, none of which are because it was "too hard" or "too time consuming" or anything related to that matter. The top3 reasons as to why people quit playing it are: 1) Cheating got way out of control, 2) ROFD and newer expansions ruined the balance of the game and made it over all too noob friendly, 3) K2 sucks and can't get shit done mainly due to their hosting license - only, but that's a different story.

    I for once joined this server because of the fact that it resembles the retail rates, playing private servers is boring, you get to max level and to gear within anywhere from a hour to a week, these days.. Which let's face it... IS BORING. Farming and xping is part of the game, some hate it.. others love it. But playing a PK server never personally appeased me, you login once or twice a week to pk for a scroll and that's that, there's nothing else to do but camp the bowl and bases. Adding to the fact that most if not all private servers have this obsession of giving everyone +9 or +10 items with +3, +5 jewels making warriors run around with 14k HP on scrolls? No... Thank you. If I wanted an easy to play game I'd just go back on USKO and grab myself some randomly koxp'd level 80 char for 50$ off of the market section.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justwatch11 View Post
    Lmao a private server is a server where it is easy... not hardcore like real usko get a life dude you can only talk shit over the interenet "OOOOO SCARY" yeah... i bet you amilliong dollars you live in your moms basement like stfu.. im sick of readin this and you talking shit... anyways ttyl my thing is dcz pk server would be awsome omg :P
    You are a retard. People don't leave USKO because it's "too hard" or "time consuming"... they leave because it's a bunch of Turks like you who are simply idiots, and of those idiots most hack, and it's just something that most people don't want to be a part of. Now go cry me a river.

    ps. As a matter of fact I do live in my mom's basement. I'm 21 and attending university. I never understood people that say "you live in your mom's basement"... cause most people do until the mid-twenty's. Epic fail.

  6. #36
    Senior Member 4YouNoHealStupiD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    857

    Default

    umm should be myko server with the old animation of items .. just pvp not farm

  7. #37
    Senior Member EyeOfTheTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    201

    Default

    i prefer private with the first patch of ko with everything and last 70 get lvl 70 in 4 days and rlb is the pk zone that would be greaaat and many ppl would love it

  8. #38
    Phage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    I don't know about you, but the majority of people all quit playing USKO for various reasons, none of which are because it was "too hard" or "too time consuming" or anything related to that matter. The top3 reasons as to why people quit playing it are: 1) Cheating got way out of control, 2) ROFD and newer expansions ruined the balance of the game and made it over all too noob friendly, 3) K2 sucks and can't get shit done mainly due to their hosting license - only, but that's a different story.
    Ppl left KO because: 1) Swine flu, 2) Evil leprechauns 3) Bin Laden's porn collection....

    I'm sorry... the reasons u pointed out are purelly delusional. The exp is the number 1 reason why ppl leave KO. Not the fan ones, those that come here to this forum and that u think that represent the whole KO community base... those are kinda OK with the exp. The rest isn't. If u don't believe me, then mix my reasons and yours and we'll still not having the main reason why ppl leave ko. EXP! Zombies don't play KO as far as I know. Sooner or later ppl wake up for what's called LIFE and realise that the game industry offers equally good games (if not better) a with faster end game reward system and that lets u do something else besides sitting on a pc 12/7.

    Everybody has to agree that only like 20% (if not less) of all the gamers that downloaded KO go pass lvl 60, and from those 80%, some left because they didn't like the game's mechanics, the graphics and some other things related to their 1st experience to the game and in between those reasons, one of them was the exp being too hard for sure... even before ppl realising what kind of cheats the game had, having any kind of pk experience to know if the game was balanced or not and before noticing that k2 sucks.
    Last edited by Phage; 09-04-2011 at 11:26 AM.

  9. #39
    Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nazıland
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Ppl left KO because: 1) Swine flu, 2) Evil leprechauns 3) Bin Laden's porn collection....

    I'm sorry... the reasons u pointed out are purelly delusional. The exp is the number 1 reason why ppl leave KO. Not the fan ones, those that come here to this forum and that u think that represent the whole KO community base... those are kinda OK with the exp. The rest isn't. If u don't believe me, then mix my reasons and yours and we'll still not having the main reason why ppl leave ko. EXP! Zombies don't play KO as far as I know. Sooner or later ppl wake up for what's called LIFE and realise that the game industry offers equally good games (if not better) a with faster end game reward system and that lets u do something else besides sitting on a pc 12/7.

    Everybody has to agree that only like 20% (if not less) of all the gamers that downloaded KO go pass lvl 60, and from those 80%, some left because they didn't like the game's mechanics, the graphics and some other things related to their 1st experience to the game and in between those reasons, one of them was the exp being too hard for sure... even before ppl realising what kind of cheats the game had, having any kind of pk experience to know if the game was balanced or not and before noticing that k2 sucks.
    Fair enough, if you take the players into consideration that are mainly just "giving it a try" or having moved it here from a different game. Point however remains, the majority of players that have, played the game previously for a long period of time and/or have achieved something prior to ROFD (ie having leveled to 60 in KO days, or above even) do not mind the hard grind rates - at all. All the newer expansions tried to achieve is to adapt to the new gameplay that defined mmoprg's due to the success of WoW, which brings us back to making the game way too casual friendly and easy... Thus all these players, that have joined or started playing the game at a later time perceive the exp rates of KOTastic being "too hard".

  10. #40
    Phage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Fair enough, if you take the players into consideration that are mainly just "giving it a try" or having moved it here from a different game. Point however remains, the majority of players that have, played the game previously for a long period of time and/or have achieved something prior to ROFD (ie having leveled to 60 in KO days, or above even) do not mind the hard grind rates - at all. All the newer expansions tried to achieve is to adapt to the new gameplay that defined mmoprg's due to the success of WoW, which brings us back to making the game way too casual friendly and easy... Thus all these players, that have joined or started playing the game at a later time perceive the exp rates of KOTastic being "too hard".
    From personal experience, my clan refused to join kotastic because it was too hard (and they were 70+ in usko). Not that they didn't mind farming ( they even hate pk servers) . They just didn't want to exp. They exped months already in other ps that simply disappeared and in usko.
    Honestly the only thing I miss from exp was raiding the exp spots, but then again, it wasn't exp, it was pk against unprepared players that were exping and the same would happen if they were farming. Things have changed and the (majority) of the players want something easier because those players that didn't mind exping 4, 5 years ago have now a lot to do and think about besides KO. KOtastic admins failed to understand that (even with the requests that ppl made on the foruns for lowering the exp) and it took them a while to make things easier. If these changes they just implemented were done from the biggining the server population wouldn't have gone down so much when the server had all the problems it did.

  11. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    From personal experience, my clan refused to join kotastic because it was too hard (and they were 70+ in usko). Not that they didn't mind farming ( they even hate pk servers) . They just didn't want to exp. They exped months already in other ps that simply disappeared and in usko.
    Honestly the only thing I miss from exp was raiding the exp spots, but then again, it wasn't exp, it was pk against unprepared players that were exping and the same would happen if they were farming. Things have changed and the (majority) of the players want something easier because those players that didn't mind exping 4, 5 years ago have now a lot to do and think about besides KO. KOtastic admins failed to understand that (even with the requests that ppl made on the foruns for lowering the exp) and it took them a while to make things easier. If these changes they just implemented were done from the biggining the server population wouldn't have gone down so much when the server had all the problems it did.
    Hopefully you do realize getting 70+ in USKO is nothing in comparison as to get 70 in MYKO. Even so, KO Tastic made the exp rate 1.6x easier, which should have been fairly easy enough. What you are basically asking is why not make the exp rate 10x easier, right? Well that's nice and all but people honestly need to settle down on one server and not jump around from/to a new one. I wish I still played on KO Tastic, but realistically speaking the population already died, and there is no way to bring it back. However, I must add and critic the players that were crying about the exp rates... Th
    that none of this was KO Tastic's fault... It was the people like you, which is majority atm, that kill the servers that actually have potential in the long run... but without the proper inititive, there is no long run.

  12. #42
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Nik , you're quite wrong about ko-tastic.
    The population is going up , war today was the best I've seen since the server started.

  13. #43
    Phage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Hopefully you do realize getting 70+ in USKO is nothing in comparison as to get 70 in MYKO. Even so, KO Tastic made the exp rate 1.6x easier, which should have been fairly easy enough. What you are basically asking is why not make the exp rate 10x easier, right? Well that's nice and all but people honestly need to settle down on one server and not jump around from/to a new one. I wish I still played on KO Tastic, but realistically speaking the population already died, and there is no way to bring it back. However, I must add and critic the players that were crying about the exp rates... Th
    that none of this was KO Tastic's fault... It was the people like you, which is majority atm, that kill the servers that actually have potential in the long run... but without the proper inititive, there is no long run.
    lvl 70 before rofd wasn't that easy. And u can't blame me for "killing a server". I'm no server jumper... I've played 2 kos in the last 3 years and I won't play a server if I don't have friends here because they got more things to u besides exping. I've seen you say what u just said already too many times... it's easy for u when u got guys u know on a server, I don't. Critizise whatever u want, if u don't understand my point of view it's not my problem.

  14. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    Nik , you're quite wrong about ko-tastic.
    The population is going up , war today was the best I've seen since the server started.
    I'm hoping the best for the server, I honestly want to play there. However in 3 days semester is starting, got 20 hours/week lectures so I won't be able to play my char. I'll just share with someone... that's when I settle in with all the courses.

    Anyways, my previous post was to show that people are just weak minded and that they automatically think that just because the XP is hard, that they can't have fun.

  15. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    lvl 70 before rofd wasn't that easy.
    If you read carefully what I said... I said to get 70 in MYKO (meaning before ROFD as that was the KE version) it was MUCH more difficult then getting 70+ once ROFD came out. Now it's even 10x easier then ROFD was with the plat premium.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •