Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

What kind of server are you guys looking for ! ?

This is a discussion on What kind of server are you guys looking for ! ? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; You all may ignore the post above me. More important matters to attend, such as: (20:36:13) (@schrotti) cama (20:36:16) (@schrotti) ...
Page: 8

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

You all may ignore the post above me. More important matters to attend, such as:

(20:36:13) (@schrotti) cama
    (20:36:16) (@schrotti) spelling error in your post
    (20:36:17) (@schrotti) you fail
    (20:36:20) (@cama) ?
    (20:36:32) (@schrotti) They're receiving an infraction ainly because of the annoyance
    (20:36:33) (@schrotti) ainly.
    (20:37:01) (@cama) not really a spelling error...as a failure to press the m key
    (20:37:13) (@schrotti) a fail nonetheless.
    Last edited by schrotti; 09-10-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    No. I'd be first, and I care not about the rest of the line behind me.

Now, to deal with this WAY out of hand topic. First thing is first, as schrotti pointed out, I'm sure there are tons of people that want unbeatable banned, and I'll be the first to admit there are times I would love to ban him as well. Although, permanently banning for unjust reasons isn't the way to go about it. While we're on the subject, permanently banning based on flaming? That's like sending people to prison for misdemeanor charges of marijuana possession. The only thing that results is overpopulation in prisons, wasted government spending, and overall uproar. The same equates here, I'm not saying ignore flaming and it's O.K., but I am saying that we have an infraction system set up, and if they continue after it reaches temporary ban, then there's only one step more to take after that. Permanent ban is a last resort, not a backup plan.

It's bad practice to go against other mods decisions, but in this case I'm going to do it. If Draven disagrees with my decision by the end of this post he can contact me either by PM or in the mod sections. I'm removing unebeatables permanent ban, but I'm adding another infraction. Why am I adding the second infraction? Honestly just to balance out the two decisions as a sort of compromise. This will put unbeatable at two infractions and one away from a temporary ban, which should be the proper escalation of punishment.

I'll also be throwing out some other infractions here and there. I'm just going to go down the list of names of people who are receiving infractions.

• Hellothere
    • Aristona
    • Vice
    • Doombringer
    • coolboy
    • blueprint
    • LEJ

Basically, I gave every single member of the peanut gallery an infraction. Hellothere received two for being the first to provoke hostility in the topic. They're receiving an infraction ainly because of the annoyance of them making me have to read this idiotic topic and/or for them provoking it to continue.

If anyone has a problem with receiving their infractions, feel free to PM me. I'll gladly walk you through why you received it.

As for unbeatable, if you're reading this, which I'm going to assume you will, you aren't always right. The smartest man on the planet is no more intelligent than an insignificant child if they can't properly articulate themselves in any situation. You chose to articulate yourself in a very poor manner, so as much as you may try to insult people on their intelligence, you aren't showing much better about yourself.

And a special mention to phonixeka. The only level headed person in this entire topic. As soon as the idiocy broke out, he requested that the arguing stop. He kindly thanked Draven after the ban hoping that would end the arguing, but it continued. So, I officially apologize to phonixeka. You are a standup gentlemen, sir. If I could give you some sort of reward I would.
    To be honest, I wasn't sure which of the 4 Admins/Moderators were active, so I just sent it to all 4... and I thought you and Devile would be the last to respond :P... and I guess I was wrong,... so yeah I do know I'm not always right.

Anyways this will be my last post going off topic in this thread, hopefully that's ok. Appreciate the ban lift. As I said, I entirely agree with the first infraction I received, however this second one, meh ... but I guess I'll take it.

Anyways this whole situation wasn't even all about me.... I wanted to catch the admins/moderators attention on Draven, and what he is doing with his powers. Hopefully he has a clue now on how to approach people, and not having to abuse them in the near future.

As for Draven,... I'm just curious at the moment, is he an actual mod like he says he is or is he still just a C-West Market Moderator?

ps. How long does it take till the infractions diminish?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

The first infraction given by Draven is a permanent one, I won't be changing that, but you can try to reason with him to change it. The second one I gave, and all of the ones I gave in this topic, last for a week. Just enough time to let the point sink in to act more mature.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    No. I'd be first, and I care not about the rest of the line behind me.

What if, u got A MEGA ZERG OF SUCCUBUSES BEHIND U?!

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

I find my infraction unfair.
    I do not understand how any of my posts in this topic did offend anyone.
    Please abooose moar yar powas & ya will become a fucking superturd.
    Oh I'm sorry I ment dun't abuse ya powas.

Excuse me, I didn't read all of your discussion lately, but what's this?

--------------------------------------
    Dear Aristona,

You have received an infraction at Gamers4Life.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
    -------
    What kind of server are you guys looking for ! ?
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f1...3/#post2919113
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    I'm always right.
    Although I kinda like your posts time to time, you're not always right, you just spam topics to the death that noone can compete with you.

And a quote I like alot about "history":
    'History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon.' –Napoleon

Next time when you call others as uneducated, you should keep in mind that history is culture reliant. We don't need to know about someone, who is completely unrelated to our history, culture, or country.
    All the best,
    Gamers4Life
    -------------------------------------

Please show me where exactly in my message insults him. Perhabs it's the quote of Napoleon? Then blame him, not me.

Anyway, have to say this. You aren't doing a great job as administration staff either. If you're giving away infractions for this post and find it insulting (I am seriously like wtf now.) you should aswell have a look at my private server topics, or handle one one of the dozens of pm's/reports I made before. G4L shouldn't be two-sided.

I don't care about my infraction, you can aswell ban me if you want, but you're just making things worse. If you can't handle the situation, and then bother attempting to.

Ps. I don't like the way TheUnbeatable comments, but I also don't like how G4L rules don't apply to some people.

amen aristona
    apparently people who give life to the forums (like nik calls him self)
    are above the rules well gj.people like him keep alot of people out of the topics imo.

aga pm .

10 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    amen aristona
    are above the rules well gj.people like him keep alot of people out of the topics imo.
    "I just had the best laugh in the last 6 months".

Rules are rules. Abide to them, especially if you are a moderator (to warded to Draven). What I got (perma banned) was not even closed to what I deserved.

I kinda agree with Aristona

I see people randomly flaming private servers on a daily base, nothing happens. I've used the report button sooo many times and I've never seen anything happen. I also remember sending pm's about it to devile and showing how bad things were in certain topics by linking him to the exact posts, nothing ever happened... I know you guys do all of this for free and all that stuff... but still, handing out 6 infractions now is like peeing on a huge forest fire.

So... u just gave 6 people an infraction , what about all the other people who've been spamming this section for the last months? They get away with it?

I give it 1 week, and this shit will repeat itself. This section needs a lot more supervision imo. I've send pms about it in the past, but they get ignored... maybe this approach is more succesful.

level 70 capped pk server +8/ +0/1

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post

I see people randomly flaming private servers on a daily base, nothing happens. I've used the report button sooo many times and I've never seen anything happen. I also remember sending pm's about it to devile and showing how bad things were in certain topics by linking him to the exact posts, nothing ever happened... I know you guys do all of this for free and all that stuff... but still, handing out 6 infractions now is like peeing on a huge forest fire.

So... u just gave 6 people an infraction , what about all the other people who've been spamming this section for the last months? They get away with it?

I give it 1 week, and this shit will repeat itself. This section needs a lot more supervision imo. I've send pms about it in the past, but they get ignored... maybe this approach is more succesful.
    Amazing solution = tHeUnBeAtAbLe for trial moderator. 1) With morderator status, tHeUnBeAtAbLe has to stay professional and not cause so much drama on the forums (unless that's what the community wants :P). 2) An active and old ko4life member... just the solution for a reasonably effective moderator .

agreed agreed ,same thing happened to me, when a douchebag was talking crap bout peruvians i pm'ed draven , and never ever got a reply/answer from him (even tho he's active) well that kinda pissed me off ,and had to contact devile through bloodzone (his other forum) , i dont want to talk bullshit but seemed like if the guy who was talking crap against peruvians was a friend of draven of something , i might be wrong , but as moderators you should work neutrally, not in sides.

Amazing solution = tHeUnBeAtAbLe for trial moderator. 1) With morderator status, tHeUnBeAtAbLe has to stay professional and not cause so much drama on the forums (unless that's what the community wants :P). 2) An active and old ko4life member... just the solution for a reasonably effective moderator .
    you'll start being gently after some meantime you'll get bored and u gonna start ignoring ppl and probably giving some ass answers to newbies , hell no nik :x + troll>mod in ur case .

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    agreed agreed ,same thing happened to me, when a douchebag was talking crap bout peruvians i pm'ed draven , and never ever got a reply/answer from him (even tho he's active) well that kinda pissed me off ,and had to contact devile through bloodzone (his other forum) , i dont want to talk bullshit but seemed like if the guy who was talking crap against peruvians was a friend of draven of something , i might be wrong , but as moderators you should work neutrally, not in sides.

you'll start being gently after some meantime you'll get bored and u gonna start ignoring ppl and probably giving some ass answers to newbies , hell no nik :x + troll>mod in ur case .
    The bolded part speaks for me pretty much. On these forums I've gotten in a tussle with everyone, so if anyone was to be neutral, it would be me .

Anyways, that's why it's a "trial moderator",... to be given a chance to prove yourself.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Excuse me, I didn't read all of your discussion lately, but what's this?
    Not going to bother replying to something when you don't read my post. Read it or don't reply. If you aren't going to bother reading the reasoning you're just wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    amen aristona
    No ones above the rules, but the perma ban was not justified. As a result the ban was removed. If you think his perma ban was justified, then you also agree that everyone in this topic that just complained about their TEMPORARY 7 DAY INFRACTION, unbeatables was a permanent infraction for references sake, all deserve a perma ban as well.

"I just had the best laugh in the last 6 months".

Rules are rules. Abide to them, especially if you are a moderator (to warded to Draven). What I got (perma banned) was not even closed to what I deserved.
    You really think calling out and picking out Draven at this point in time is the best option?

Jesus, you really have learned nothing. I won't be undoing the ban if he decides to do it again since you obviously cannot learn. Grow up and shut up.

I've also been more or less AFK from the forum for a while. I'd check every now and then, but I decided to leave most of the work to plodez who was active at the time. Plodez is gone now, so I'm going to be more active. http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f2...s-deal-325559/ Feel free to report things, I'll be getting to them all eventually from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
    level 70 capped pk server +8/ +0/1
    Thank you for at least trying to get this topic back on track, sadly I just don't see it happening.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    Please don't make accusations without any kind of proof. There are a thousand different reasons why Draven might not have responded.
    Last edited by camaz0tz; 09-11-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast