Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what are we looking for in private servers?

This is a discussion on what are we looking for in private servers? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So, ive been checking around pretty much ALL the private server threads in here, and to be honest, most of ...
Page: 1

Default what are we looking for in private servers?

So, ive been checking around pretty much ALL the private server threads in here, and to be honest, most of them are either empty, or too much geared ppl in it, or under development, which gave me the idea for this topic: what are r we lookin for in PS?

to me, i prefer:

-A light farm/ "not too hard" farm server with active PK,events and zones. (bifrost,etc)
    - lvl 70/72/80 max where the items arent too overpowered ( valk sets,darkness armor etc, it makes pk really boring in my eyes) and where the skills work correctly (for example lvl 75 fire armor in USKO damages the opponent when hitting the mage)
    -a friendly and nice comunity which is always hard to find
    -no armors or weapons obtainable through power up store/donation(atleast that make the gameplay unfair for non paying players)
    - i HATE when mages are turned into taxis in the game xD (u know, shield n mace,hp points and valkyrie armor -.-)

resuming, the ideal would be a sexyko-like client with farming rates :P somethin like that(the closest idea to this is twostars server, which is under development and i have high expectations for that)

so i wonder what u guys prefer when it comes to private servers, post ur ideas, maybe it will help the private server hosters, i see so many opening and all resemble each other.

PS: sorry if this is considered a useless topic, feel free to lock/delete it

Peace, nyox
    Last edited by nyox; 03-17-2011 at 02:02 PM.

KO without japko/custom items...

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    not quite xD, ofc with increased exp and drop rates ^_^ but yeah, i dont like taking 5 minutes and a full party to kill an int priest u know its so boring

Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar

an light farm with lvl 72-80 as max LVL with +9 items and +2 uniques without those retarded OVERPOWEREd items that give shit load bonus and weapon defense on armors maybe add some new armors that only give extra AC a piece so we can have fun farming

Quote Originally Posted by Darktuga View Post
    an light farm with lvl 72-80 as max LVL with +9 items and +2 uniques without those retarded OVERPOWEREd items that give shit load bonus and weapon defense on armors maybe add some new armors that only give extra AC a piece so we can have fun farming
    i was thinking that, some new armor, new looks, but not that overpowered stats like 310 armor on a pauldron -.- and too much weapon defence sucks ... u said it man xD

i'd go for juraid/ cursed weapons for the max tier, too much AP ruins things .. maybe +8 max

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

KO is only as good as the people you play with. I could play on an empty server and have fun if the right people were there with me.

However the things I look for in a server are~
    ~ A trustworthy admin group
    ~ Good community, equal balance of shit talkers/lovers, without the flames there would be no competition in cz.

To bad its really hard to find either now a days, so I just troll the forums here and there xD.

PS: Vent > KO... Forever and always haha

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post

Pre-rofd japko was great. Just coz some lolserverdevelopers think its awesome to insert every glowy item on the database without any sign of balance and shit, doesnt make the stuff all bad.

I cant rly comment on the stuff coz iv seen only some, but the pre-rofd balance and fun in japko was topnotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Pre-rofd japko was great. Just coz some lolserverdevelopers think its awesome to insert every glowy item on the database without any sign of balance and shit, doesnt make the stuff all bad.

I cant rly comment on the stuff coz iv seen only some, but the pre-rofd balance and fun in japko was topnotch.
    i remember finding sherions the coolest weapons ever ... the juraid item expansion wasnt bad... but after that just nvm it man xD for me would be fun with df/mythril/trial/ron armor and bifrost/juraid weapon for best items =P that would be fun

Liquicity Senior Member WrongAnswer's Avatar

KE server with lvl 70 @ Moradon
    Shells+8 / Chitins+8 / Bp items+8 / Weapons+8 @ Worms
    Pk scrolls @ worms

Uniqs @ Bosses = Bowl / Eslant

Old bowl ofc.. so it will fukin rock.. everybody will be at bowl = good pk

thats it.. ofc good community lol

1- very hard farm server
    2- +1000 player online
    3- server can stand more than year )

DiveDodgeDuckAndDodge

What I am looking for in a pk server :

- farm server running on the new 15xx emulator like sexyko
    -low drop rates
    -no jap weaps no chaos weaps, no gabs no raums none of that shit, oldschool hbs dvs chds
    -only thing in pus are valks gryphons bahas pathos gloves , xp scrols etc
    -lvl 80 is max level with all skils working ofc
    -low anvil rates, max upgrades are +3 uniques and +10 items but usko upgrade rate....
    -godly dedi
    -no GM playable chars, no r spam damage so they cant spawn bosses and corrupt the game

basicaly a remake of how ko was 2 years ago....

make a server like this with good server management and nice GM team, im pretty sure it will break sexyko / maxko and even risingko's old online user numbers , easily...

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDodgeDuckAndDodge View Post
    What I am looking for in a pk server :

- farm server running on the new 15xx emulator like sexyko
    -low drop rates
    -no jap weaps no chaos weaps, no gabs no raums none of that shit, oldschool hbs dvs chds
    -only thing in pus are valks gryphons bahas pathos gloves , xp scrols etc
    -lvl 80 is max level with all skils working ofc
    -low anvil rates, max upgrades are +3 uniques and +10 items but usko upgrade rate....
    -godly dedi
    -no GM playable chars, no r spam damage so they cant spawn bosses and corrupt the game

basicaly a remake of how ko was 2 years ago....

make a server like this with good server management and nice GM team, im pretty sure it will break sexyko / maxko and even risingko's old online user numbers , easily...
    i guess thats what we all want ... an updated KO without the bad parts xD

bifrost and juraid for farming =P low drop rates with faster bosses respawn, located in eslant and cz. shells all the way, and yes, gryphons valks on PUS, something that wouldnt give the paying players an edge on pvp, but still a fairly decent bonus lol. i hope a dev sees this xD

Banned Senior Member

I think what most of us look for is a good LARGE community , so we can pk against many different people.
    The rest of the specifics don't really matter to most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    I think what most of us look for is a good LARGE community , so we can pk against many different people.
    The rest of the specifics don't really matter to most of us.
    however, if ur average priest has 3k ac and 20k health, we need a lot to kill him, and most of the servers offer way too big advantages for paying players, which is why im talking about shells and bifrost/juraid items =P but yes, the community really matters, as in if i dont have nice ppl to talk/play with ill get bored very fast

ALL i want is something like usKE but a little more easier xp/drop/upgrade, and ofc, a large community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast