Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

What would people like to see in a server?

This is a discussion on What would people like to see in a server? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by dridnocthegreat I would Like a Server that would Weed Out Useless drops on MOBS,I would Like a ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by dridnocthegreat View Post
    I would Like a Server that would Weed Out Useless drops on MOBS,I would Like a Server that would Make lvl80 Easy to obtain and Make lvl81,82,83 Very hard to reach, so I still have something to do when I am not PK'ing . I would Like reasonable drop rates on Boss's , Not the 100% crap But obtainable. I do not know how many times I have downed SQ and them on USKO and nothing. If I think of any other perfect server stuff I will edit this post thanks
    Most of those sound reasonable. The main thing when it comes to leveling is that i intend to make it easy to a certain point and then harder at others. Would multiple zones to pk make any difference to you? Say make it easy to lvl 69 with RLB but harder to go 70+? I intend to have alot of events daily. But not so much as on first week everyone is max gear and then pking gets to be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by dracuel View Post
    Most of those sound reasonable. The main thing when it comes to leveling is that i intend to make it easy to a certain point and then harder at others. Would multiple zones to pk make any difference to you? Say make it easy to lvl 69 with RLB but harder to go 70+? I intend to have alot of events daily. But not so much as on first week everyone is max gear and then pking gets to be boring.
    Yeah, The Only Reason I suggested lvl80 is because , If You have multiple PK Zone's even on Live Servers the PK tends to Be spread Out and Zones tend to become desolant. If I were to make a Server it would only have 1 PK Zone "Unless it became over populated" So as that does not happen. Now I could be wrong about all of that , But it is just what I have Noticed on Servers with DCZ,RLB,CZ 1 or More are useally empty.
    dracuel likes this.

For what I've seen in the servers I played over the last year, a lvl 70 cap is still the most popular.
    People got a hard time handling skills that blind and such. For example a rogue that needs to click mouse
    to cancel blinding is crap, since both hands are supposed to be on the keyboard; unless u play with a pedal ofc.
    This will give the players that don't abuse macro's a disadvantage, so from that point of view u can rather
    keep things simple =).

Of course you don't want to have your community bored to soon, so add plenty of events that make sense
    and are fun to anyone: BDW, Chaos, Bifrost. EXP shouldn't be to hard (atleast to a certain lvl like 62-68), this
    will stop new players to join the server, because they're already to far behind.

I understand having a shiny server may be fun, but there shouldn't be to much grades of armor I think.
    This will also increase the gap between the hardcore players and the balanced players/newcomers.
    The difference between shell and krowaz is huge. Either make the best grade hard to obtain or don't make
    it to easy to upgrade. Mythril, DF etc will fit better, even on a lv 70 cap, but those don't go together
    with Krowaz weapons =D. It just sucks if u got to vs a Baal with just shell on.

Problems that occured a lot on other servers:

-Stun/slowrates way to high
    -Achieving master is to hard
    -Minor cooldown ruining the sin class
    -Unbalanced weapons vs armor
    -Unbalanced PK in general
    -Styx on a low cooldown; depends on the lvl cap ofc
    -Lack of beginnergear/jewelry (atleast quests should be added)
    -Motivation to go cz (rnd bosstimes, monument, mobs, events)

Well, just a small selection, it may help .
    The community it pretty spoiled and sceptic these days,
    Good protection and active support are a must (24/7)..
    dracuel likes this.

Yeah, The Only Reason I suggested lvl80 is because , If You have multiple PK Zone's even on Live Servers the PK tends to Be spread Out and Zones tend to become desolant. If I were to make a Server it would only have 1 PK Zone "Unless it became over populated" So as that does not happen. Now I could be wrong about all of that , But it is just what I have Noticed on Servers with DCZ,RLB,CZ 1 or More are useally empty.
    That is something i have never agreed on. People want everyone in 1 zone when for example a lvl 60-69 warrior is trying to level at trolls and get raided by a party of lvl 69+. The zones are to make it so that the noobs can get gear and the higher levels can farm/raid each other. Honestly i have played on both side of this. On Trueko my clan raided all exp/farm slots and ended up best on server. Because no one else could level or get items they left. On other servers however i have been raided constantly while attempting to level. it is annoying and makes people want to rage quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickness View Post
    For what I've seen in the servers I played over the last year, a lvl 70 cap is still the most popular.
    People got a hard time handling skills that blind and such. For example a rogue that needs to click mouse
    to cancel blinding is crap, since both hands are supposed to be on the keyboard; unless u play with a pedal ofc.
    This will give the players that don't abuse macro's a disadvantage, so from that point of view u can rather
    keep things simple =).

Of course you don't want to have your community bored to soon, so add plenty of events that make sense
    and are fun to anyone: BDW, Chaos, Bifrost. EXP shouldn't be to hard (atleast to a certain lvl like 62-68), this
    will stop new players to join the server, because they're already to far behind.

I understand having a shiny server may be fun, but there shouldn't be to much grades of armor I think.
    This will also increase the gap between the hardcore players and the balanced players/newcomers.
    The difference between shell and krowaz is huge. Either make the best grade hard to obtain or don't make
    it to easy to upgrade. Mythril, DF etc will fit better, even on a lv 70 cap, but those don't go together
    with Krowaz weapons =D. It just sucks if u got to vs a Baal with just shell on.

Problems that occured a lot on other servers:

-Stun/slowrates way to high
    -Achieving master is to hard
    -Minor cooldown ruining the sin class
    -Unbalanced weapons vs armor
    -Unbalanced PK in general
    -Styx on a low cooldown; depends on the lvl cap ofc
    -Lack of beginnergear/jewelry (atleast quests should be added)
    -Motivation to go cz (rnd bosstimes, monument, mobs, events)

Well, just a small selection, it may help .
    The community it pretty spoiled and sceptic these days,
    Good protection and active support are a must (24/7)..
    All classes will be balanced including stun/ice rates
    I plan on changing the master quest to require the items that u can farm in emc/luf.(if that is what players want)
    minorcooldown is obnoxious i agree. so i dont think it will exist here.
    I will be balancing characters.
    Styx ive never had an issue with but i will test to see if i have an issue.
    I plan on having usko royal knight armor for beginners.
    About the bowl that is something i am really thinking about. It maybe that i could put some different mobs that drop some different items. Maybe add in some keramash/nigmash and such. No clue havent really looked into it.

Thank you for all of your feedback i will take these into consideration.

That is something i have never agreed on. People want everyone in 1 zone when for example a lvl 60-69 warrior is trying to level at trolls and get raided by a party of lvl 69+. The zones are to make it so that the noobs can get gear and the higher levels can farm/raid each other. Honestly i have played on both side of this. On Trueko my clan raided all exp/farm slots and ended up best on server. Because no one else could level or get items they left. On other servers however i have been raided constantly while attempting to level. it is annoying and makes people want to rage quit.
    People may like it spread out and that's fine aswell. My opinion, I would love a server where leveling was moderately fast, 1-35 lvling mora, 35-60 luff/Elmora, 60-80 Eslant and then to get good enough EXP after lvl80 + the MOBS from CZ would have Beefed EXP for lvl 80 to 83. Would love to be able to get capable Beginner Armor/Weapons and Accessories to be able to start going in CZ to PK/Level to 83. Anvil Lock at +8/5rev, Max Accessories at +2, and the rest as I mentioned in my earlier post. Thanks
    dracuel likes this.

People may like it spread out and that's fine aswell. My opinion, I would love a server where leveling was moderately fast, 1-35 lvling mora, 35-60 luff/Elmora, 60-80 Eslant and then to get good enough EXP after lvl80 + the MOBS from CZ would have Beefed EXP for lvl 80 to 83. Would love to be able to get capable Beginner Armor/Weapons and Accessories to be able to start going in CZ to PK/Level to 83. Anvil Lock at +8/5rev, Max Accessories at +2, and the rest as I mentioned in my earlier post. Thanks
    \

It makes sense that way i agree. Just fishing for more ideas.

check pm , we can make together something , like chocolate ko

Quote Originally Posted by GloriaVictis View Post
    check pm , we can make together something , like chocolate ko
    I both loved and hated that name. It was Hot.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I both loved and hated that name. It was Hot.
    ups, srry , it was a long time ago

imo everything is just simply adjustable according to need(drop rates, stun rates etc). The most important thing is safety of your server. You must know how hard other servers got attacked, simple solutions doesn't fix it, you must invest some money in your server or else lvl cap or item types doesn't matters. Safety also means checking every little detail. Just a simple repeatable quest can wipe out your server. My advice benefit beta-test stage as much as you could, try everything check everything fix everything.
    what i would like to see in a private server is lvl 70 cap ofc(if i wanted lvl 83 i would play euko why bother with a private server with an unknow future ?)
    myko items + exceptional weapons
    only but only scrolls in pus(no donator armors, no red chitins etc.)
    ofc you need money for your server so if the starter lvl is 1 and exp is hard(reasonably) everyone would buy premium(with a reasonable price) and if premium adds some more np per kill people ll have to keep buying premium to stay in the top list.
    One thing i haven't seen in many server is a NEW event, new reasons to keep players in game. something to keep competition between players etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GloriaVictis View Post
    ups, srry , it was a long time ago
    Haha, at least you got it. I wasn't sure anybody would remember well enough to pick up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by d0wn View Post
    imo everything is just simply adjustable according to need(drop rates, stun rates etc). The most important thing is safety of your server. You must know how hard other servers got attacked, simple solutions doesn't fix it, you must invest some money in your server or else lvl cap or item types doesn't matters. Safety also means checking every little detail. Just a simple repeatable quest can wipe out your server. My advice benefit beta-test stage as much as you could, try everything check everything fix everything.
    what i would like to see in a private server is lvl 70 cap ofc(if i wanted lvl 83 i would play euko why bother with a private server with an unknow future ?)
    myko items + exceptional weapons
    only but only scrolls in pus(no donator armors, no red chitins etc.)
    ofc you need money for your server so if the starter lvl is 1 and exp is hard(reasonably) everyone would buy premium(with a reasonable price) and if premium adds some more np per kill people ll have to keep buying premium to stay in the top list.
    One thing i haven't seen in many server is a NEW event, new reasons to keep players in game. something to keep competition between players etc.
    My dedi is paid for and has protection. I can say this but no way to get you to see it unless you attempt to ddos me. I have patched my files and am just working on getting quest and things done.I plan on having timed events daily as well as having boss events and a few custom events.Exping will be reasonable. And i have an idea for other things i can do to give prizes to my players.

My dedi is paid for and has protection. I can say this but no way to get you to see it unless you attempt to ddos me. I have patched my files and am just working on getting quest and things done.I plan on having timed events daily as well as having boss events and a few custom events.Exping will be reasonable. And i have an idea for other things i can do to give prizes to my players.
    might have to check You out when things are off and popin m8, Keeps Me informed.
    dracuel likes this.

might have to check You out when things are off and popin m8, Keeps Me informed.
    Sounds good. I will update here when ive got more done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast