Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

What would people like to see in a server?

This is a discussion on What would people like to see in a server? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I am planning to open a Private server. Right now i am going through and debugging the main zones but ...
Page: 1

Default What would people like to see in a server?

I am planning to open a Private server. Right now i am going through and debugging the main zones but plan on adding new features this sunday. What are some features people would like to see.The server will be version 1299.I plan on running a farm/exp server but if i get enough request i will add a second server.

Our server specs
    2x Intel Xeon 2.5ghz l5420.
    2TB of HDD space.
    90+MBPS upload.
    90+ MBPS download.

Events
    Juraid(timer)
    BDW(timer)
    Chaos(timer)
    Bifrost(timer)
    Under the castle(timer)
    Knights Castle(maybe on timer but then again maybe open 24/7) need ideas.

Items
    Wings(collect chaos items to gain them)
    Bifrost
    Exceptionals
    Shell
    Dragon shell(mithril,rons, trial, Dragon flight) it will have higher def than shell with +5 HP on each peace.
    Valk,bahamut,Gryphon(not sure on stats need ideas)
    Ultra shell(ie hero armor not sure on stats need ideas)
    Krowaz(same stats as usko)
    7th tier armor(higher than shell but not sure)

Just give me some ideas.
    MrChaka likes this.

blääää fy fan !

Quote Originally Posted by nolame View Post
    blääää fy fan !
    Not sure what you mean?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Member

Good work , GL

shouldn't server have SSD not HDD?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilejj View Post
    shouldn't server have SSD not HDD?
    The server is hosted by forta.If it were a home based server then yes. But it is a real dedi located in Florida,USA.

A ssd wont really make much difference right now.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2742837548.png

For me the best ist a Krowaz armor + Udefetable items , uniques + 3,4,5 .
    server would be looks nice : >
    dracuel likes this.

I understand this thread isn't about that, but since it's already been brought up...

An SSD is an SSD, regardless of whether you're using a dedicated server or not. SSDs are magical wondrous things. All you really need is a small SSD for the OS/selective server functionality and you'll be flying with its EXPONENTIAL disk i/o increase*.
    I simply cannot understate the usefulness of SSDs. If it's not possible to grab one, then by all means -- don't. But if you have that little bit of leeway, don't hesitate to go for it. It'll be worth every penny.
    Between MSSQL and KO there's a lot of disk I/O happening. While I don't suggest throwing the transaction log file on the SSD (you'll eat up its limited storage space), throwing the KO server files on (with symlinks to your storage HDD for logs), installing MSSQL & your database's MDF file on there at least, speeds things up immensely. Most noticeably server start-up times, but... general usage is a lot quicker also.

* Batteries not included. SSDs also do not take the place of quality CPUs, or RAM (though they come pretty close). If you experience performance issues, it's most likely not the SSD's fault.
    Last edited by twostars; 06-01-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    dracuel likes this.

Ill tell you exactly what you need. Pick a server cap (different people like different ones, no point arguing which is best) have every event that server cap had (if it doesnt, add BDW). No custom items. No items in PUS, only scrolls, premium, exp boost, etc. Extremely good DDOS protection, no bugs (no gamebreaking bugs at least).

Everything on PUS has to be available ingame, but the most valuable things must be very hard to obtain.

Good luck!
    dracuel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I understand this thread isn't about that, but since it's already been brought up...

An SSD is an SSD, regardless of whether you're using a dedicated server or not. SSDs are magical wondrous things. All you really need is a small SSD for the OS/selective server functionality and you'll be flying with its EXPONENTIAL disk i/o increase*.
    I simply cannot understate the usefulness of SSDs. If it's not possible to grab one, then by all means -- don't. But if you have that little bit of leeway, don't hesitate to go for it. It'll be worth every penny.
    Between MSSQL and KO there's a lot of disk I/O happening. While I don't suggest throwing the transaction log file on the SSD (you'll eat up its limited the storage space), throwing the KO server files on (with symlinks to your storage HDD for logs), installing MSSQL & your database's MDF file on there at least, speeds things up immensely. Most noticeably server start-up times, but... general usage is a lot quicker also.

* Batteries not included. SSDs also do not take the place of quality CPUs, or RAM (though they come pretty close). If you experience performance issues, it's most likely not the SSD's fault.
    ssds for dedi cost way to much.as of now they are charging us extra 900$ a month just for extra ram. the hdd in the system are 10,000rpm drives. i know a ssd is alot faster but its not an option right now.
    i have a 129gig samsung ssd in my pc st home and i love it.windows takes 10seconds or less to boot.But if we could we would have 1 at least for OS+sql.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    Ill tell you exactly what you need. Pick a server cap (different people like different ones, no point arguing which is best) have every event that server cap had (if it doesnt, add BDW). No custom items. No items in PUS, only scrolls, premium, exp boost, etc. Extremely good DDOS protection, no bugs (no gamebreaking bugs at least).

Everything on PUS has to be available ingame, but the most valuable things must be very hard to obtain.

Good luck!
    i planned just as you said. but instead of making all items in pus ingame i figured i would make a vote set and a donor set. Neither being OP against players who have not gained the set yet. I am tweaking and testing things everyday.But i do plan on having things completely balanced. i just need to know what people expect from a farm server. i know what i want and my team want i just need the consumers ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChaka View Post
    For me the best ist a Krowaz armor + Udefetable items , uniques + 3,4,5 .
    server would be looks nice : >
    i thought about that and it does make alot of sense to do it that way but i want alot of things ingame thats why i am asking everyone. ill keep that in mind though

Quote Originally Posted by dracuel View Post
    ssds for dedi cost way to much.as of now they are charging us extra 900$ a month just for extra ram. the hdd in the system are 10,000rpm drives. i know a ssd is alot faster but its not an option right now.
    i have a 129gig samsung ssd in my pc st home and i love it.windows takes 10seconds or less to boot.But if we could we would have 1 at least for OS+sql.
    The heeeeeeeeeeell. How much RAM are you using!? RAM isn't _that_ expensive these days...
    Rocket and ReesesPieces like this.

I would Like a Server that would Weed Out Useless drops on MOBS,I would Like a Server that would Make lvl80 Easy to obtain and Make lvl81,82,83 Very hard to reach, so I still have something to do when I am not PK'ing . I would Like reasonable drop rates on Boss's , Not the 100% crap But obtainable. I do not know how many times I have downed SQ and them on USKO and nothing. If I think of any other perfect server stuff I will edit this post thanks
    dracuel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    The heeeeeeeeeeell. How much RAM are you using!? RAM isn't _that_ expensive these days...
    LOL i know right. My home pc runs 16gigs of 16666mhz ram i only paid 130$ for it. this is the server order confirmation.

V8 Server (Annual Promo) $285.00
    » CPU: Dual Intel Xeon Quads: Included $0.00
    » Operating System: Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit: recurring $216.00
    » Control Panel: ISP Config: Included $0.00
    » RAM: 16GB RAM: recurring $900.00
    » Hard Drive: 250GBGB + RAID 1: recurring $360.00
    » Port: 100Mbps - Included $0.00
    » Bandwidth: Unlimited $0.00
    » Firewall: Software Firewall: FREE $0.00
    » Additional IP Addresses: 4 IP - Included $0.00
    » DataCenter: USA: Free $0.00
    » Remote Access IP KVM: Not Selected $0.00