The Perfect Private Server?

This is a discussion on The Perfect Private Server? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I want to know what people think makes a perfect private server? If you were given the chance to tell ...
Page: 1

claye

Default The Perfect Private Server?

I want to know what people think makes a perfect private server? If you were given the chance to tell me how you would want the server to be what are some specific things that would attract you to it? (ex. gm events weekly, drop rates, exp rates, anvil rates, etc). Please be realistic as I am going to take this into consideration when setting up my server. I plan on running the server to host a couple hundred people in the beginning and if people like it I'll invest more money. Its going to be v1298 so for all you guys who loved usko back in its old days this may be something you'll enjoy.

Only a few things: First of all, the server must be secure. Almost every single server that ever existed has died because of security problems. Also, the server must have some variety in it, so players have something to do after they have played for a month. Most servers just become boring after a certain period of time. There haven't been a hardcore farmserver because of the security problems. PLayers don't want to waste their time on something they know is going to be lost. If there was a secure server just like USKO, but without bugs and hacking, HELL I would play it! Even if it had a monthly cost

Work it, make it, do it. Senior Member ThiefShaman's Avatar

myko Lv70 cap , farm/pk server.
    ardream cz map(the very first cz map).
    (double up the exp/farming spots in cz if theres more then 100 users online).
    exp rate, 1 day to 61, 3-4 days from 61 to 70.
    drop rate:
    chitins/shells/shards/raptors etc at high rate, unqiues from bosses at low rate.
    upg rate:
    100% to +4
    85% to +5
    55% to +6
    20% to +7
    5% to +8

the point is that ppl will get lvl70, items +7/8 without working too hard, but getting uniques jewlry will be the main farming.

double up the bosses, eslant bosses in cz and eslant, add new bosses for chests, bifrost items etc..
    the more bosses the more activity!.

all mobs outside cz gives -30% exp, dm's in eslant have 30% more hp.

claye

Quote Originally Posted by nirk View Post
    Only a few things: First of all, the server must be secure. Almost every single server that ever existed has died because of security problems. Also, the server must have some variety in it, so players have something to do after they have played for a month. Most servers just become boring after a certain period of time. There haven't been a hardcore farmserver because of the security problems. PLayers don't want to waste their time on something they know is going to be lost. If there was a secure server just like USKO, but without bugs and hacking, HELL I would play it! Even if it had a monthly cost
    Yeah I've noticed security seems to be a huge issue...i def won't even consider starting my server up if security isn't up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by ThiefShaman View Post
    myko Lv70 cap , farm/pk server.
    ardream cz map(the very first cz map).
    (double up the exp/farming spots in cz if theres more then 100 users online).
    exp rate, 1 day to 61, 3-4 days from 61 to 70.
    drop rate:
    chitins/shells/shards/raptors etc at high rate, unqiues from bosses at low rate.
    upg rate:
    100% to +4
    85% to +5
    55% to +6
    20% to +7
    5% to +8

the point is that ppl will get lvl70, items +7/8 without working too hard, but getting uniques jewlry will be the main farming.

double up the bosses, eslant bosses in cz and eslant, add new bosses for chests, bifrost items etc..
    the more bosses the more activity!.

all mobs outside cz gives -30% exp, dm's in eslant have 30% more hp.
    If you double up everything it makes the game pointless. Fighting for spots is one part of the game. Also, if people get +8 items without working too hard the server runs out of variety and people start to leave in a nearby time. You may wonder why people keep playing usko. It's because it's so hard to reach the point where you have nowhere further to go

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Perfect server?
    Doesn't exist. But once no drama goes to offical we'll have it

Like others have said I think it's variety.

Maybe even some new content, something a bit different, with other USKO features removed. KO hasn't really changed much since it's launch, which is why I think it tends to get boring.

my 2 cents

No perfect server will ever be released. SexyKO, with hands down, is the most improved server around right now, but when I login, it's like dc-fest/non-stopping novatown raids. Not even having the fun I could have in a 50 ppl populated farm server.

The only server which can change the PSKO development entirely is without doubts, NDKO. %99 of the developers in PSKO community usually tries to do what they see in other servers. Somebody made an ASM patch, people learnt ASM. Someone made a semi-emulator (SexyKO), new emulator server files are being made everyday. Twostars is coding the server files entirely, some people will attempt doing so.

In the end, just play on the server where you would like to play. Guaranteed every server will have some different kind of problems.

Aristona talking about perfect server ? Big fucking HA FUCKING HA ! If there is a server that has any chance of being "perfect",it gonna be NDKO.

Beastm4ster

Perfect server?
    Doesn't exist.

claye

Yall are taking the word 'perfect' out of context. Of course nothing is perfect. I was just asking what people would want in a private server

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    Aristona talking about perfect server ? Big fucking HA FUCKING HA ! If there is a server that has any chance of being "perfect",it gonna be NDKO.

ko4lifenew

for me the perfect prive server is the server which you dont have to donate and it is easy and fair for all players!Or just donate for things that you can find in game.....

non server is perfect, just cus every1 have different tastes, there are some ppl that like to kill outgeared ppl by 1-2hits ,and there are another group that likes the balance of equal gear aka pk servers ,the rest just proves those servers with new armors +10 and jewerly +5 to see what they wont get ever(aka WOW fantasy WAkala).

Quote Originally Posted by ko4lifenew View Post
    for me the perfect prive server is the server which you dont have to donate and it is easy and fair for all players!Or just donate for things that you can find in game.....
    its quite annoying when ppl post senseless things , then how that server gonna survive w.o donations? , crap.