Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Xiona KO - PK/Very light farm * Lvl 83 *

This is a discussion on Xiona KO - PK/Very light farm * Lvl 83 * within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Rocket Lmao ^ have fun doing that :P Pretty sure this isn't a "hacking/cheating" forum either. This ...
Page: 40

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Lmao ^ have fun doing that :P

Pretty sure this isn't a "hacking/cheating" forum either.
    This isn't a cheat/hack, it's a feature known among SOACS server side hook. It's not my fault you are incapable of creating your own work, so you have to use everyone else's and end up with these features. I honestly would like to hear your input, based on how is it a "hack/cheat" because your server does something that its made to do.

Banned Senior Member

Who gives a shit? Leave the topic.. you are contributing nothing but "I am such a genius, I have figured out a bug inside of a game" congratulations..

Honestly i'd just like to take a minute out of my time to say Thank you to EVERYONE who has stuck with xiona through the hard times and the good times, and everyone who has tried to make xiona a better place, if it was by making suggestions or supporting our staff, i just don't think this is said enough, so again Thank you!

Umm... (again?)

Everyone from XionaKO STAFF would like to say THANK YOU for all you're support and everything, we look to see ya'll around for many many more months and years.

P.s: XionaKO has been open for 9 months! GJ guys. Let's make it 18 months!

Message from Rocket to everyone <3

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Who gives a shit? Leave the topic.. you are contributing nothing but "I am such a genius, I have figured out a bug inside of a game" congratulations..

Honestly i'd just like to take a minute out of my time to say Thank you to EVERYONE who has stuck with xiona through the hard times and the good times, and everyone who has tried to make xiona a better place, if it was by making suggestions or supporting our staff, i just don't think this is said enough, so again Thank you!

Message from Rocket to everyone <3
    You have too much admiration for someone who runs a server just to make money. Have you bothered reading the past few pages of the thread, to realize that some of us biggest names in KO development are ridiculing your god (Rocket). I guarantee you if you understood a single post of ours, you wouldn't admire what they haven't done for you so far. If you want a kick ass 1298 server, just say something I would be glad to team up with Fanis and build the next #1 hottest server. There is nothing to it, as it should take any semi computer literate person 15 minutes to get 1298 files fully fixed and online. After that you spend the next hour combing the server for bugged skills, items, etc. When that's all said and done, go download Deaths panel and set it up on a web server. It takes less then 5 minutes to install the web server software and to configure the panel. Then post a topic with a link here, and release a "patch" every 2 weeks fixing minor shit that should of been fixed in the first place. To make it seem like you're interested in improving the server.

Mean while players like you will come join and throw $100's in our faces because the server is so "epic". When really all we're doing is sitting back and watching people throw money at their screens. I got buddies on MSN that donated over $400 to Rocket, and all he did afterwards was wipe their characters and told them too bad (scam artist?). This is the same thing Jonny tried pressing Rocket with earlier, until Rocket finally cracked. You don't understand the concept of owning a server for a year, and not knowing how to do anything except change a few numbers in the database (I guarantee you Rocket doesn't even know how to properly use the UNION operator). Don't get me wrong this isn't a bash against Rocket to make him look bad (not that he doesn't do that on his own). It's simply constructive criticism that people think all high of someone, who knows no more then you do.

Take a look at it from another perspective, they been open supposedly for 6+ months right? How come over 6 months time (and easily $1000+ in cash) have they neglected to contact one of us, to build a anticheat engine for them? Or even so much try to create their own? Instead they only run HackShield.dll packed with the client executable. Which is extremely easy to bypass by detouring. There's tons of hackers on Xiona for that reason. I was on it less then a few months ago and loaded up MYKO Hack/PwKOXP/etc just fine. Point blank, when are these "developers" going to actually learn how to develop anything. Sure the server seems "ok", and it has a very little success (success in KO hosting is measured by profit). If you're players are covering the cost of the server, and puts at least $100-200 in your pocket every week. Then you got a very little successful server. Then you got servers like OSKO, where they do invest money towards premium protection. And contact us private developers, to do private jobs for them, to better their servers for their players. OSKO brings in easily $1000 every single week non stop, and that's how it goes.

You put more in, you get more out. Being a private server hoster is really only a gamble. No one does it for fun anymore, and its simply a gateway to fast, dirty, money. Now you might think that contradicts the very first sentence I said, but it does not let me explain why. As being a server hoster, you should at least want to learn how every single thing works. So you can better your server, which does translates into making more money. That's where there's a fine line between being the crappy servers just to make money, and being the server where the shit just keeps getting better. As the administrator is taking his time learning how it all works, and improving upon what it already is. Xiona probably seen around 80-100 players online when it first started. That's because the server was fresh, it was new, and players had a world to explore. I think anyone will agree with me when I say, its been grinding to stay online for the past several months. The servers wow factor has died out 3-6 weeks after its initial launch. The admins can't bring new content to the server to keep players interested, because they simply don't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    You have too much admiration for someone who runs a server just to make money. Have you bothered reading the past few pages of the thread, to realize that some of us biggest names in KO development are ridiculing your god (Rocket). I guarantee you if you understood a single post of ours, you wouldn't admire what they haven't done for you so far. If you want a kick ass 1298 server, just say something I would be glad to team up with Fanis and build the next #1 hottest server. There is nothing to it, as it should take any semi computer literate person 15 minutes to get 1298 files fully fixed and online. After that you spend the next hour combing the server for bugged skills, items, etc. When that's all said and done, go download Deaths panel and set it up on a web server. It takes less then 5 minutes to install the web server software and to configure the panel. Then post a topic with a link here, and release a "patch" every 2 weeks fixing minor shit that should of been fixed in the first place. To make it seem like you're interested in improving the server.

Mean while players like you will come join and throw $100's in our faces because the server is so "epic". When really all we're doing is sitting back and watching people throw money at their screens. I got buddies on MSN that donated over $400 to Rocket, and all he did afterwards was wipe their characters and told them too bad (scam artist?). This is the same thing Jonny tried pressing Rocket with earlier, until Rocket finally cracked. You don't understand the concept of owning a server for a year, and not knowing how to do anything except change a few numbers in the database (I guarantee you Rocket doesn't even know how to properly use the UNION operator). Don't get me wrong this isn't a bash against Rocket to make him look bad (not that he doesn't do that on his own). It's simply constructive criticism that people think all high of someone, who knows no more then you do.

Take a look at it from another perspective, they been open supposedly for 6+ months right? How come over 6 months time (and easily $1000+ in cash) have they neglected to contact one of us, to build a anticheat engine for them? Or even so much try to create their own? Instead they only run HackShield.dll packed with the client executable. Which is extremely easy to bypass by detouring. There's tons of hackers on Xiona for that reason. I was on it less then a few months ago and loaded up MYKO Hack/PwKOXP/etc just fine. Point blank, when are these "developers" going to actually learn how to develop anything. Sure the server seems "ok", and it has a very little success (success in KO hosting is measured by profit). If you're players are covering the cost of the server, and puts at least $100-200 in your pocket every week. Then you got a very little successful server. Then you got servers like OSKO, where they do invest money towards premium protection. And contact us private developers, to do private jobs for them, to better their servers for their players. OSKO brings in easily $1000 every single week non stop, and that's how it goes.

You put more in, you get more out. Being a private server hoster is really only a gamble. No one does it for fun anymore, and its simply a gateway to fast, dirty, money. Now you might think that contradicts the very first sentence I said, but it does not let me explain why. As being a server hoster, you should at least want to learn how every single thing works. So you can better your server, which does translates into making more money. That's where there's a fine line between being the crappy servers just to make money, and being the server where the shit just keeps getting better. As the administrator is taking his time learning how it all works, and improving upon what it already is. Xiona probably seen around 80-100 players online when it first started. That's because the server was fresh, it was new, and players had a world to explore. I think anyone will agree with me when I say, its been grinding to stay online for the past several months. The servers wow factor has died out 3-6 weeks after its initial launch. The admins can't bring new content to the server to keep players interested, because they simply don't know how.
    Let's not forget about the fair amount of bashing aimed at yourself sir...

That said, most of this is pretty accurate, though I wouldn't personally employ services from Warmonger. When I started hosting my server, I knew pretty much nothing. But, I've always been tech savvy, and asked questions and picked up on it pretty quickly. To put into perspective how little I knew, I had a friend help me setup abyss web server to run php services from. I wasn't very knowledgeable. Hell, I remember when I had Twostars remote me and he showed me how to query my database lol. But, I put in time and learned a lot about several different systems. I've been working with php for around 6 years now, and my experience here is a large part of what got me my current job (it's rad, if I've talked with you, you know how cool it is ). I work as a software engineer on big data high traffic systems (millions of requests a day (100mil maybe?). I went from hosting KO, to having an awesome career because I took the time to actually learn. Sure, I asked questions, I asked tons of questions, and I still do. There's nothing wrong with asking for advice from somebody who has more experience than you, the problem is when you only ask other people and never figure anything out on your own.

Granted, not everybody is a programmer, and I certainly don't think everyone wants to be. It might not be for you! If that's the case, I would seriously look into hiring (yes, for money; you are making money off of this...) a couple of experienced developers (maybe not KO 'devs' from shitty forums, but actual programmers) to solve some of your larger problems.

Why did I do most of my own work? Because for some weird ass reason I find it fun. It's a giant puzzle rife with problems to be solved. I love problem solving, and I really thrive when working on a project I'm familiar with. "I'll sleep when it's finished" pretty much describes my work ethic.
    ExclusiveBastard likes this.

Take a look at it from another perspective, they been open supposedly for 6+ months right? How come over 6 months time (and easily $1000+ in cash) have they neglected to contact one of us, to build a anticheat engine for them? Or even so much try to create their own? Instead they only run HackShield.dll packed with the client executable. Which is extremely easy to bypass by detouring.
    There's tons of hackers on Xiona for that reason. I was on it less then a few months ago and loaded up MYKO Hack/PwKOXP/etc just fine. Point blank, when are these "developers" going to actually learn how to develop anything. Sure the server seems "ok", and it has a very little success (success in KO hosting is measured by profit). If you're players are covering the cost of the server, and puts at least $100-200 in your pocket every week. Then you got a very little successful server. Then you got servers like OSKO, where they do invest money towards premium protection. And contact us private developers, to do private jobs for them, to better their servers for their players. OSKO brings in easily $1000 every single week non stop, and that's how it goes.
    So your mad because he didn't come to and i quote "one of biggest names in KO development" so you could make some money to? Man you sure aren't full of yourself.
    Jonny and MrRapist like this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Let's not forget about the fair amount of bashing aimed at yourself sir...

That said, most of this is pretty accurate, though I wouldn't personally employ services from Warmonger. When I started hosting my server, I knew pretty much nothing. But, I've always been tech savvy, and asked questions and picked up on it pretty quickly. To put into perspective how little I knew, I had a friend help me setup abyss web server to run php services from. I wasn't very knowledgeable. Hell, I remember when I had Twostars remote me and he showed me how to query my database lol. But, I put in time and learned a lot about several different systems. I've been working with php for around 6 years now, and my experience here is a large part of what got me my current job (it's rad, if I've talked with you, you know how cool it is ). I work as a software engineer on big data high traffic systems (millions of requests a day (100mil maybe?). I went from hosting KO, to having an awesome career because I took the time to actually learn. Sure, I asked questions, I asked tons of questions, and I still do. There's nothing wrong with asking for advice from somebody who has more experience than you, the problem is when you only ask other people and never figure anything out on your own.

Granted, not everybody is a programmer, and I certainly don't think everyone wants to be. It might not be for you! If that's the case, I would seriously look into hiring (yes, for money; you are making money off of this...) a couple of experienced developers (maybe not KO 'devs' from shitty forums, but actual programmers) to solve some of your larger problems.

Why did I do most of my own work? Because for some weird ass reason I find it fun. It's a giant puzzle rife with problems to be solved. I love problem solving, and I really thrive when working on a project I'm familiar with. "I'll sleep when it's finished" pretty much describes my work ethic.
    I haven't been "bash" yet per say, tho I do find it intriguing when people try. With that being said, you personally wouldn't employ services from myself. As you may be fit to do whatever you need done yourself. Tho not everyone is an experienced programmer, thus where our skill set kicks in and services are usually employed. I use to be just like you, back in the olden days struggling to learn something as simple as AutoIt. Tho I can honestly say, I never asked or had help from anyone. I used my own intuition in setting stepping stones to learning what I wanted to know. It so happened AutoIt was nothing more then a huge beginners guide to me learning the basic fundamentals of programming. Years later now I can compile anything you want, for any operating system you want (Windows/Linux/OS X). You need to set a bar for yourself and say "this is where im at, and this is where I want to be". For that matter, even twostars now struggles to make valid points on my intellect (I find twostar's knowledge very limited imo but that's just me).

There is such thing as being self reliant, and its always been the best way to do anything in life. Sure, I agree that not every server owner has to be as smart as "us". Tho you would think they would be smart enough to use the money they make off their server, towards bettering it for their players. Players don't just donate to buy you pizza's and beer. They donate to help cover the cost of the server, and in a sense "pay" for the server owners time invested in bettering the server. But when you got people like Rocket, Iamcoolz, and several others. Who simply refuse to learn because they feel like they're the best at everything. That kind of attitude only gets you so far, and no one buys it anymore when they haven't seen you back up that claim. Iamcoolz is a prime example of real "noobie" who will always be a noobie, as he's been posting other peoples work on Snoxd for years now. In over 3-4 years that I have been away from KO development, including the 5-6 years I spent developing KO (back in 1089 days). He still has yet to post a very first release of his own (Rocket fits in the same boat). I don't think anyone can argue that they have seen anything posted to the open public, that was beneficial to any game development, by any of these guys.

KO development has slowed to an actual cease fire state now. Nothing has happened in several months on any development board. I for one would call twostars "stupid" for even bothering with the public server file update that he's attempting on Snoxd. I know he's doing it to try and get more people interested in development again (so he doesn't have to pay out of pocket to keep Snoxd up every month). But the truth is, its just not there. People who wanted newer server files, started writing them years ago. I for one see Snoxd folding over like a piece of paper in the next couple of years. In 5 years I guarantee no one remembers what Snoxd even was. The interest and knowledgeable people aren't there anymore, including interest in the game in general (mmorpg's are like a fashion statement, they only last so many generations). I will say my work ethic is the same way, once I got away from KO to other games that I have played in the past. Is when I started to really learn shit, you can't learn shit if you stick to just KO files because everything is literally fucking spoon fed to you (pardon my french).

Now I am in that state of knowing I can easily replicate it, I just need to know how it works. My world use to be all about things just working, now its full of 1's and 0's (if you know what I mean). Once you learn how programs work, it does open up a whole new perspective when it comes to development. Because you now have good reason to know how this or that works. And if you don't know, learning how is the journey. Knowledge is power, people are always looking for other people who know things. I for one plan on opening my own software company in the next few years, and publishing free/paid desktop software by myself. I would do it now, but I just don't have that ambition. So you can start at the bottom and work your way up, or start at the top and work your way down. It really doesn't matter, as the learning experience is the key to it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    So your mad because he didn't come to and i quote "one of biggest names in KO development" so you could make some money to? Man you sure aren't full of yourself.
    No, I only work on KO for private parties (close friends). Otherwise, I make about $5000 a week off my server alone. KO doesn't spark any interest in me now like it did 10 years ago. And I certainly could care less in helping some nub who I could give a rats ass about. So come harder then that next time man, cause you're just embarrassing yourself.

My god you are full of bullshit..."learning how is the journey. Knowledge is power..." go hug a tree or some shit.

ps : I'm not defending xionako or rocket,I'm just bored.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    My god you are full of bullshit..."learning how is the journey. Knowledge is power..." go hug a tree or some shit.

ps : I'm not defending xionako or rocket,I'm just bored.

That thumbnail made me laugh...won't even bother playing it

Take a look at it from another perspective, they been open supposedly for 6+ months right? How come over 6 months time (and easily $1000+ in cash) have they neglected to contact one of us, to build a anticheat engine for them? Or even so much try to create their own? Instead they only run HackShield.dll packed with the client executable. Which is extremely easy to bypass by detouring.
    Aside from the fact it's even simpler than that, because it's not even running Hackshield (Goatcheez patched it out a long time ago, it's just mgame's scanner code), I can't speak for anyone else, but I know why I personally wouldn't employ you.
    Threatening & attacking servers doesn't really set you up for that. I really don't know why you aren't banned from here also, for that very reason.
    mortal likes this.

O_o Senior Member

What do you want wargrim? Attention? I really donnu what you're trying to get with your long ass stories.

We don't care how nub Xionis's admin is, we like the server how it is.

- warmonger

After all those threats & attacks towards other PSKO why do you think that anyone would listen what you got to say? nor why should they care? You're full of shit you know that right? You speak like you know a thing about deveploment , but truthfully you haven't got a clue. (No im not claiming of being expert in KO!) Anyhow I do know a thing or two about deveploment outside of KO community.

How hard is it to leave topics alone and be quiet? You're boosting your ego with posting nonsense?

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    - warmonger

How hard is it to leave topics alone and be quiet? You're boosting your ego with posting nonsense?
    ^^^^^ Yawn...

Up, need more ppl..

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Aside from the fact it's even simpler than that, because it's not even running Hackshield (Goatcheez patched it out a long time ago, it's just mgame's scanner code), I can't speak for anyone else, but I know why I personally wouldn't employ you.
    Threatening & attacking servers doesn't really set you up for that. I really don't know why you aren't banned from here also, for that very reason.
    I haven't made verbal threats or attacks against any PSKO, feel free to point out where I exactly stated so. I have been away from KO for years, and I could care less what people are doing with it. Unless there is someone going around, trying to be me.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    - warmonger

After all those threats & attacks towards other PSKO why do you think that anyone would listen what you got to say? nor why should they care? You're full of shit you know that right? You speak like you know a thing about deveploment , but truthfully you haven't got a clue. (No im not claiming of being expert in KO!) Anyhow I do know a thing or two about deveploment outside of KO community.

Read above, with that being said mortal you're principle is just laughable. If you bothered to look around, or read the thread you would understand why peoples opinions like yours don't phase me. Why? Because you don't know shit. I've wrote and released things, that you're incapable of even thinking of (I know for a fact). Maybe brush up on your google research before coming in and acting like you know more then everyone else. I might as well cash in on the subject, while someone else brought it up right? The trick to it mortal, is when you flap your mouth. Try and not let bullshit come out.

Regards,
    Warmonger