Page 78 of 167 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2494
Like Tree376Likes

Zone MYKO (Stay tuned)

This is a discussion on Zone MYKO (Stay tuned) within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by ScreameR Start playing with 2 priests, you'll notice the difference and how much extra opportunities that will ...
Page: 78

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    Start playing with 2 priests, you'll notice the difference and how much extra opportunities that will open up for you in pk when you have that extra heal and cure, rather than running and towning so often.

You gotta keep in mind, in zonemyko warriors don't have AoE's, warriors in USKO for example usually hit between 2-4K on aoe's on mages, and even the good mage teams in those servers manage to handle it.
    how come it's so hard for you there?

Btw, i remember mages hitting me for max. 900 dmg in USKO, while i had 12K hp on Manes, did they bitch about being to weak? no. only the bad mage clans who had no clue how to play as a team were bitching all day. it doesn't take many brain cells to understand? well clearly you're the one lacking braincells cuz you aren't capable of playing mage in a server where warriors don't even have AoE, don't have krowaz, in a server where you get to have an extra item which has defense stats (spirit of retard it's called?). Speaking of failure.

here a youtube channel with one of the best mage teams in KO, maybe you should consider watching them play so you could learn a thing or 2: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsj...3HopnSvXaNcI5Q
    different
    version
    different play style, can't compare this robin, playing with 2 priests on 12xx in mage party's go look no one does it ;o
    it is how you play in 20xx and a team does need alot more teamplay, but in Zonemyko they fuckt around with all the shit and now its useless to play mage, as stated above

Start playing with 2 priests, you'll notice the difference and how much extra opportunities that will open up for you in pk when you have that extra heal and cure, rather than running and towning so often.

You gotta keep in mind, in zonemyko warriors don't have AoE's, warriors in USKO for example usually hit between 2-4K on aoe's on mages, and even the good mage teams in those servers manage to handle it.
    how come it's so hard for you there?

Btw, i remember mages hitting me for max. 900 dmg in USKO, while i had 12K hp on Manes, did they bitch about being to weak? no. only the bad mage clans who had no clue how to play as a team were bitching all day. it doesn't take many brain cells to understand? well clearly you're the one lacking braincells cuz you aren't capable of playing mage in a server where warriors don't even have AoE, don't have krowaz, in a server where you get to have an extra item which has defense stats (spirit of retard it's called?). Speaking of failure.

here a youtube channel with one of the best mage teams in KO, maybe you should consider watching them play so you could learn a thing or 2: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsj...3HopnSvXaNcI5Q
    Still blatantly ignoring the fact that we are capable of defeating melee parties with the 7 mages 1 priest setup. It just has nothing to do with skill, it has more to do with the enemies incapability of killing a shitty mage party. You're also choosing to ignore the fact that mages in USKO can actually use better gear than papers to survive other mage parties and they have a much larger health pool, which opens up more chance of actually receiving a heal before you die. If we had a 2nd priest with party cure, we might be able to stun the enemy priest long enough to kill them in a 8v8 situation, but that's not the point. If their target selection is good enough, they can actually kill a mage in less than a second. We also don't have lvl 80 skills with super long range to take out single target enemies efficiently. We can target the first guy approaching us rather easily, but if they have even half a brain, they can just descent away. The fights are settled before you can even use regular strategies to win. You can try bait out party heals, but if you use your novas too early you simply loose, because the fight is over in a matter of seconds.

The situation you suggest is a 8v8. That's not how CZ works. People don't just 8v8 eachother. It's a brawl with multiple parties. The point is to maximize your np gain through kills instead of minimizing your deaths.

Just to even further show how easy it is for a melee party to defeat a mage party, I present you the melee party commander check-list:

[ ] Are their novas down?
    [ ] Are our heals up?
    [ ] Do we have an average skilled lightning mage?

If a single of the statements above is true, we will be able to survive long enough to eliminate their mages. And meanwhile, the winning conditions for mages (in Zone MYKO) are as follows:

[ ] Are their heals down?
    [ ] Is their priest stunned?
    [ ] Will their priest have their heals cancelled/interrupted?
    [ ] Can we avoid getting cancelled/stunned/slowed by a lightning mage?
    [ ] Can we somehow take out their party healer before using our novas?
    [ ] Are we away from their warriors/assassins or can we stun/slow them to prevent them from killing us?

Essentially it all boils down to a simple fact. If the melee party has a single party healer, they SHOULD always win. If they don't, then they either got extremely unlucky or they fucked up. It's far too easy to bait out novas and then re-engage after the fact. Warriors can avoid taking damage extremely easy thanks to descent. They can also protect their healer extremely easy. Also, they could simply have the priests stand away from the rest of the melees and avoid getting too grouped up completely, forcing the mages into an unwinnable situation where the warriors kill you while you try desperately take out their priest. Sure, there's the slight chance that you manage to slow all of them with blizzard and you can just walk their priests down, but it's not a guaranteed strategy and honestly the fight should never be decided by RNG elements.

I just remembered another thing of the past. We used to play a server called Reign Of Kronos, where mages dealt around 900-1000 damage and they had 3 novas. They also dealt more damage with their other abilities and had a decent amount of single target damage. There are a couple old PK videos from that server where we fight a full mage party as melees without any issues, but when we class changed to mages everybody was complaining about mage damage being too high. We were the only melee clan not complaining about mages. In case you've somehow forgotten, we played melee in SexyKO as well. I usually end up being the main debuffer/healer because people dislike calling targets. Either way, in SexyKO mage teams were able to one-shot rogues. In other words, in SexyKO mages dealt more damage than mages deal in Zone MYKO. I remember telling my clan that mages are weak and melees are overpowered, because mages died way too fucking fast. We were able to dive 20+ humans with just 2 priests by timing our heals right. We tanked 2 or more mage parties while killing them in the process. If that's not proof enough that the damage can be increased to make things more even, then Idk what's wrong with this community. I'm not the best priest in the fucking world and I don't care about being one, but if I feel like it's incredibly easy to heal a mage party in a server like SexyKO, then literally any respectable priest player should be capable of doing the same. Because right now, you can actually use your heals after the novas have already dropped and still survive. In fact, I think with the combination of 2 party healers and 720 pots you could use 1k heals first and save your 10k heals to make it even more impossible to kill a melee party.

P.S You have complained about moderators flaming and abusing our moderator status in the forum, but I have to remind you I have yet to insult you a single time, while you have referred to me as an "idiot" on multiple occasions. I don't mind having someone like you trying to belittle me without using facts to back up your arguments. It reminds me of the way Adi and I used to argue actually funny enough. You're making a fool of yourself, just like your mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKaoS View Post
    It is quite fun to watch how the moderator starts a flame on forum.

Anyway, my point of view is that Kallop got interesting point about the fire mages. Their damage should be better of course.

About the damages by nova etc. the attack power doesn't work on AoE skills, that is pretty normal in 12xx (not sure about higher versions), the damage should be affected mainly by elemental damage. Therefore the lycaon staff should be the best staff for fire mages. The attack power got effect on staff skills.

About the mages globally, I personally do not think that KO game was designed to play mage vs warrior parties. Game was designed to combine classes and cooperate. For me it means, it is pointless to compare mage vs warrior teams, because mages same as priests was designed as support class.

And what does it means? Well as I never was active player on server in such things I pass the decision on my admin team, which is based on at least little active players who got the game experience. They are discussing this theme already. But my opinion is just a one look of old time player here, nothing more.
    I didn't start anything. I posted results of my tests and a suggestion for people using only these forums to see, but I got flamed for making a suggestion to make things better for everybody involved. Most of it is a bug report. Also, if you read through the entire wall of text I posted, you would've noticed that we tested staff damage and AoE damage and the results are as follows:

- Fire/Lightning/Ice deal the same damage.
    - Only idiots play fire.
    - Lupus Staff is the best mage weapon in the game, quickly followed by Wood Staff.

Elemental damage, magic power bonus from gear, staff AP, none of that matters. The only things that boost damage are your MP stat from levels and Imir/Flame/Shio damage boost to your 42 and 72 staff skills. I didn't test lvl 18 skill, but Ignition and Static Hemisphere should gain damage through staff AP as well, but sadly both of those skills are unimportant for anything besides farming.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Also, if you read through the entire wall of text I posted, you would've noticed that we tested staff damage and AoE damage and the results are as follows:
    Yes I read that, I just write the theory how it should be. If lycaon staff isn't the best staff for fire mages, than there is something wrong, I agree.

@kallop tl;dr

@dylan, then start adapting. cuz clearly 7 mage 1 priest isn't working out for them. no1 does it? well then i assume others are making it work. which clearly kallop and his crew fail to do so.
    i agree with sirkaos tho, mages shouldn't be able to straight up battle a melee party, nor be able to burst them down in a single nova spree. only reason i'm in favor to make mages op is cuz it makes servers active.

Little archer Senior Member

A good mage team definitely take skill to play, especially in servers where melees are favored.

Sure mages can do 321 nova, but how is that different from warrior juggernauts with the highest HP and AC spamming literally a rogues spike? Which one is more forgiving and which one has a tinier margin of error?

Warriors = easy mode. It baffles me how people think that a melee party takes anything more than proper target following. Positioning is irrelevant because of descent, getting 2 shot is not a thing because you're a warrior and slows / stuns are way harder to come by.

We can agree that a mage party skill floor is lower, because any garbage team can nuke a bunch of unsuspecting scrubs, but the skill ceiling is way above a braindead melee party.
    Roteska likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    what happened with good old hardcore players 2004-2006 generation of KO
    Well said.

@kallop tl;dr

@dylan, then start adapting. cuz clearly 7 mage 1 priest isn't working out for them. no1 does it? well then i assume others are making it work. which clearly kallop and his crew fail to do so.
    i agree with sirkaos tho, mages shouldn't be able to straight up battle a melee party, nor be able to burst them down in a single nova spree. only reason i'm in favor to make mages op is cuz it makes servers active.
    Since you prefer to ignore facts and choose to listen to Dylan instead, you may as well know that Dylan is part of "my crew". JEGAND is pking with 2-3 parties of mages, so sure, they're "making it work" But then again, you could be pking with 2-3 parties of melees and be just as successful. Other mage parties are pretty much ksing melees, but I dislike a play style that revolves around hiding behind another party and ksing them.

At no point have we said we can't PK in this server, because in fact it is possible, but it is not enjoyable. This is a suggestion to improve PK for everybody involved, maybe mages finally leave the base and stop hiding behind melee parties. This is a suggestion of improvement, but if they believe things are better the way they are, then I won't complain, we will simply move forward with our crew to another server. There's absolutely nothing holding us down here, so there's no reason to "adapt" to their PK standards. If the style of PK is dull (once more, just because we can kill people it doesn't mean we're enjoying it), then we can join a server that suits us better.
    BlackOak and Roteska like this.

shit server tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    shit server tbh
    R.I.P

The 5 NP per kill event was fire tho.
    NaRcoTiZeD likes this.

is it possible to buy stuff on zone without paypal ? Like buying KC directly with you CC or you have to go tru services like skrill or paypal ?

GhosT88 Senior Member joecolxvi's Avatar

Dear knights,

Here is a new Monthly event for TOP National point heros & also for topic donators, check out our forum link for more details: https://goo.gl/MZGEGc
    Last edited by joecolxvi; 04-27-2017 at 02:28 PM.

And for the players interested here is the topic where we will be discussing our next update for the Mage setup issue in our server: https://goo.gl/60n5Xf

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    is it possible to buy stuff on zone without paypal ? Like buying KC directly with you CC or you have to go tru services like skrill or paypal ?
    Other payement alternatives:

Western union (world wide).
    Malaysian bank transfer (for Malaysians)
    Turkish bank Transfer (For Turks)

Currently we can't offer direct CC payement.

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

https://gyazo.com/77ca2a1d1571cda5fd8d9fff9c0d128f
    this Ghost guy banned me for saying 1 thing in shoutbox
    gues can't say opinion in shitty servers

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    https://gyazo.com/77ca2a1d1571cda5fd8d9fff9c0d128f
    this Ghost guy banned me for saying 1 thing in shoutbox
    gues can't say opinion in shitty servers
    For some small minded people the truth is too much to bear, and their single iota of power in life can overwhelms them into a frenzy of uncontrollable ignorance and lust to inflict pain. We must forgive these bastards and hope to meet them on the street in RL for a mississippi smackdown

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 3
    12-30-2018, 05:57 PM
  2. Hits: 12
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  3. Hits: 3
    08-22-2016, 03:37 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    01-30-2016, 05:44 PM
  5. Hits: 3
    11-23-2015, 04:08 PM
  6. Hits: 1