Page 138 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2494
Like Tree376Likes

Zone MYKO (Stay tuned)

This is a discussion on Zone MYKO (Stay tuned) within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello this is the Fnatic manager please remove this post...
Page: 138

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Hello this is the Fnatic manager please remove this post

Delay the official launch till you get everything perfectly otherwise it's pointless to even try , I don't see so far any bug that has been fixed from previous launch , Also add beginner items to start with along with XP slots - effective quests like the previous server .

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Right, so I decided to try out the beta and I gotta say I'm pretty worried about the XP rates. It's a real mess. The quests give way too little XP for the time it takes to complete them, not to mention that they're misleading, because they aren't the smartest or the easiest way to level. Sadly, solo players are sort of fucked, because you get absolutely no weapons or armor from ANYWHERE, when you should already be at the point of killing Ash Knights, which is immediately after doing a couple quests in moradon, around level 20-25. If you're a rogue, warrior or a mage, you're fine. If you're a solo priest? Tough luck, you hit 100 max and it takes forever to kill anything.

Oh, but the goblin armor quest helps right? Nope. It doesn't work. It's bugged or something. So, without armor, without weapon, you're supposed to grind Ash Knights from lvl 20 until lvl 60. Dealing around 100-150 damage per hit (as a priest), or you could just make a mage or an archer and xp 5 times faster. Seriously, the xp isn't even hard, it's just boring and annoying. It's misleading as fuck as well. I could somewhat understand soloing ash knights as a solo player, if I had beginner gear and free scrolls to boot, I could probably stomach 1-2 hours of ash knights. Probably. But what comes after 60? I would guess Eslant gives more xp than CZ, because CZ is dogshit. 60+ 8-man party should do trolls or harpies in CZ, but it's mostly because of drops, although I admit I didn't have the chance to test if XP rates from Ash Knights drop after 60. But for now, here's a guide for leveling, because you will find no information about anything ingame.

Level 1-20 - Moradon, Get 50% xp boost emblem and free scrolls quest
    Level 20-60 - Doda/Raon, Kill Ash Knights, because 2-3 Ash Knights gives more xp than most quests, which require you to kill anywhere between 35-200 monsters for 1-10m xp. (Also the monsters give really bad xp)
    Level 60-72 - Based on the previous launch, probably Eslant Gargoyles. Which aren't soloable without gear by the way, so if you actually grinded to lvl 60 as a BP, then you're pretty much fucked, because nothing drops totamic clubs as far as I'm aware.

Mages can probably do harpies 60+ and get tons of free loot and xp, but I think going to eslant is still faster. Now, after writing this, I'm gonna check how long it takes a solo warrior to reach level 45+. I know archers can do it pretty easily within an hour.

The whole point of this is to point out how stupidly hard XP is unless you play with a clan. With an organized clan it will probably take you max a day or 2 to reach level 72, but it's kind of silly because nobody plays this server for hard XP. After a couple clans hit max level, xping becomes a chore and serves absolutely no purpose (especially since you don't XP in CZ, so raiding/PK won't be active either). Honestly, increasing XP drops by 5x wouldn't even make much of a difference. But unless there's an alternative way of leveling solo, then I don't see anybody starting in this server without a clan after the first 2-3 days.
    Ash Knights had bugged exp, they gave too much exp so forget about those on official.
    Goblin Armors on Proconsul NPC were bugged, that will be fixed on official.
    BP's were fast to exp with as running solo, you don't always need totamic club to do fine on beginning.

One thing i do agree: the exp quest rewards are shit. absolutely no point doing anything besides the exp emblem & scrolls -quests on Moradon.

Also: you get fabrics+4 / half plates+4 from the start mobs (emblem quest & scrolls quest).

Quote Originally Posted by joecolxvi View Post
    Beta was up for 2hours now, did you register your account during this time or before ?
    Before, like years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    Ash Knights had bugged exp, they gave too much exp so forget about those on official.
    Goblin Armors on Proconsul NPC were bugged, that will be fixed on official.
    BP's were fast to exp with as running solo, you don't always need totamic club to do fine on beginning.

One thing i do agree: the exp quest rewards are shit. absolutely no point doing anything besides the exp emblem & scrolls -quests on Moradon.

Also: you get fabrics+4 / half plates+4 from the start mobs (emblem quest & scrolls quest).
    I don't think BPs get any weapons from anywhere in the game until stone golems, so I'd have to disagree. There's no reasonable way of starting solo atm, unless you start as another class and buy a weapon for yourself later. Basically the best weapon I can think of is a maul+8. The XP rates are fine for the start, but after that they serve no purpose. Also, since Ash Knights were bugged, that makes trolls the best XP beyond level 35. Makes gearing easier, but without any starter weapons it's kind of a jump to go from a flamberger+1 to a glave. Also, why do monsters drop durandals instead of Totemic clubs? Nobody uses durandals since glaves are just as easy to get, so the only class to use durandals are BPs, who cannot even use them before master.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I don't think BPs get any weapons from anywhere in the game until stone golems, so I'd have to disagree. There's no reasonable way of starting solo atm, unless you start as another class and buy a weapon for yourself later. Basically the best weapon I can think of is a maul+8. The XP rates are fine for the start, but after that they serve no purpose. Also, since Ash Knights were bugged, that makes trolls the best XP beyond level 35. Makes gearing easier, but without any starter weapons it's kind of a jump to go from a flamberger+1 to a glave. Also, why do monsters drop durandals instead of Totemic clubs? Nobody uses durandals since glaves are just as easy to get, so the only class to use durandals are BPs, who cannot even use them before master.
    Actually yeah, i wasn't able to find any totemic clubs from farmable mob's. Im not sure if they drop those random rare ones tho.
    It's one of the more weird setups where you farm derus/apos for glaves & md's instead of trolls & harpies.
    Kallop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    Actually yeah, i wasn't able to find any totemic clubs from farmable mob's. Im not sure if they drop those random rare ones tho.
    It's one of the more weird setups where you farm derus/apos for glaves & md's instead of trolls & harpies.
    Yeah. I would have no issue if I could get a Large Hacker or something. Or even a Weight Hammer or Large Breaker, but nope.

Edit: not saying it's impossible to solo level as a BP. It's just kind of a waste of time when you could just make an Archer and farm and make a priest later.
    HookEm likes this.

Will offical rates of drops / exp etc be the same as beta?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymes View Post
    Will offical rates of drops / exp etc be the same as beta?
    i hope they increase them =)

Banned

I noticed no armors from lycaon or moradon drop with str its all hp bonus...whats up with that?

I suggest you increase the xp rewards from Patrick quests to be enough to reach lvl 60. It honestly seems like such a boring grind to 60 even if you kill Ash Knights with their bugged xp.

Its a farm server the rates should be decreased imo it was way to easy to get 60 and gear but hey that might just be me
    DaSinister likes this.

Probation Senior Member

Its a farm server the rates should be decreased imo it was way to easy to get 60 and gear but hey that might just be me
    I agree! Servers like this have wayyyy to easy rates. After a month everyone has the same shit..then its like playing a pk server. Make the shit hard as fuck like the good old days.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

It could be harder for start.
    Add starter items if server goes to 70 cap or 72 cap or whatever.
    Until then it doesn't make much of a difference.
    While I agree with bp lacking weponlar, just add +8s to lycans/werewolves, 2h +8 is good enough to start off until you get something better.
    Also add totamics to harpys, so that bps and some crazy wörrior böys can get them aswell :P

I guess I'm fine with it if it is meant to be a farm server, but based on what Zone MYKO used to be, it never was a server where XP mattered. People spend 90% of their time farming and pking.
    NaRcoTiZeD likes this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 3
    12-30-2018, 05:57 PM
  2. Hits: 12
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  3. Hits: 3
    08-22-2016, 03:37 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    01-30-2016, 05:44 PM
  5. Hits: 3
    11-23-2015, 04:08 PM