Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kallop

Anti-cheat issues.

This is a discussion on Anti-cheat issues. within the Private Server Technical Support forums, part of the Private Servers category; Alright, so it's not exactly anything new to have anti-cheat issues with private servers, but I'm actually out of options ...
Page: 1

Default Anti-cheat issues.

Alright, so it's not exactly anything new to have anti-cheat issues with private servers, but I'm actually out of options so I'm reaching out with this problem. Basically, after character selection in an unnamed 21XX private server I get a crash. "Knight OnLine Client has stopped working....".

Now, this has occurred in other servers as well, which is why I'd love to find a solution to this issue. I'm quite certain it's anti-cheat related, because none of my friends have the same issue and I'm 100% there's nothing wrong with my game files or connection. The following solutions have been tried:
    - Turning off anti-virus COMPLETELY
    - Turning off the Windows Firewall completely
    - Turning off DEP (Or at least excluding the KnightOnline.exe and Launcher.exe)
    - Compatibility modes Win7, Win8, XP SP2, XP SP3
    - Disabling most programs on startup except basically Microsoft programs, Audio programs and Anti-Virus.
    - Creating a new user for the PC and running the game through it to minimize the amount of processes running in the background.

Is there anything else that could get detected by Anti-Cheat? No programs are running in the background either. The reason I'm even bothering with this is because it has occurred in multiple servers in the past, including Soacs ones, but it looks like the latest Soacs update fixed the issue.

Edit: Another reason why I think anti-cheat is the problem is the log file which reports:
    Skill NUM = XXXXXX
    Skill NUM = XXXXXX
    Skill NUM = XXXXXX
    Skill NUM = XXXXXX
    Skill NUM = XXXXXX
    Skill NUM = XXXXXX
    (The number itself should be rather irrelevant)
    Last edited by Kallop; 04-27-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Global-myko Senior Member deadhealer1's Avatar

Good topic, major issue in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by deadhealer1 View Post
    Good topic, major issue in the community.
    Not sure if sarcasm?
    deadhealer1 likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Does it say what AntiCheat they are utilizing? Can you post the full log that is displayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy123 View Post
    Does it say what AntiCheat they are utilizing? Can you post the full log that is displayed?
    That's literally the entire log lmao. The anti cheat is called NGuard. But I had a similar problem before with Soacs as well, so it's not as dependent on the specific anti cheat as you may suspect. If I'm not entirely wrong.. I believe Soacs log also displayed a very similar message back then.

Global-myko Senior Member deadhealer1's Avatar

Nop, not sarcasm, being serious. There are many people who are unable to log game because of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by deadhealer1 View Post
    Nop, not sarcasm, being serious. There are many people who are unable to log game because of this issue.
    Alright. Another thing I noticed from an old Soacs log was that there seems to be an issue locating the correct game files? Other than corrupted files, is there anything that could possibly be the cause?

Banned Senior Member

No it's probably saying "fail to locate inn password.uif" or something along those lines. You said the game crashes at character selection? Anyway you could video the crash?

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy123 View Post
    No it's probably saying "fail to locate inn password.uif" or something along those lines. You said the game crashes at character selection? Anyway you could video the crash?
    It crashes at loading data 0% to be exact.