Cant play any private server.. wierd problem

This is a discussion on Cant play any private server.. wierd problem within the Private Server Technical Support forums, part of the Private Servers category; i downloaded 2 diffrent clients of 2 servers , i download patches via launcher then i press "start" and nothing ...
Page: 1

tomasr

Default Cant play any private server.. wierd problem

i downloaded 2 diffrent clients of 2 servers , i download patches via launcher then i press "start" and nothing happens , if i run the exe as admin i get a black screen and all i see is the knight online mouse ( the red arrow ) anyways its very wierd any one have an idea whats the problem?

Do you have your antivirus on?

tomasr

my anti virus is off. i just downloaded another server oldschoolko i pressed the start button in the launcher and then i saw the ko starting menu where u put the id and pass and then it just shut down with no error or any thing , and now same thing , i press start on launcher and nothing happens... btw i play other games and thay all run fine (hl2 , gta iv , crysis ) only with ko its the problem

well i cant help you, i had the same issue put when i turn off the antivirus before downloading, it works

Quote Originally Posted by tomasr View Post
    my anti virus is off. i just downloaded another server oldschoolko i pressed the start button in the launcher and then i saw the ko starting menu where u put the id and pass and then it just shut down with no error or any thing , and now same thing , i press start on launcher and nothing happens... btw i play other games and thay all run fine (hl2 , gta iv , crysis ) only with ko its the problem
    This does actually sound like your antivirus, as previously mentioned.

Being unable to start it seems to indicate that your antivirus has taken some action to prevent its use; being that it can partly be run when run as "admin" it may be permission related (though it's an unusual method for an AV!). Given that it can partly run, but doesn't show anything but one of the few images stored within the EXE itself (the cursor) it seems to imply that it's got no access to those resources (*looks at the antivirus*).

Which antivirus are you using? Some don't like to shut down when you tell them to, this sounds like the case here.