Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NoOneCanStopMe

Cant start KnightKingdom...nothing happens after pressing start on launcher

This is a discussion on Cant start KnightKingdom...nothing happens after pressing start on launcher within the Private Server Technical Support forums, part of the Private Servers category; any1 can help ? could do with some $$ reward if some1 will help me :P cant start oldschoolko or ...
Page: 1

Default Cant start KnightKingdom...nothing happens after pressing start on launcher

any1 can help ? could do with some $$ reward if some1 will help me :P
    cant start oldschoolko or knightkingdom ...
    when i press start on launcher just nothing happens ko not starts .

Your antivirus is probably blocking or deleting KnightOnline.exe. When that happens, clicking on the launcher starts nothing.

So try allowing the client's folder in your antivirus & reinstalling the client(s).

Well you see i dont have any antivirus

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

i think i know how to fix this

Quote Originally Posted by zolikas View Post
    Well you see i dont have any antivirus
    First: which operating system are you using? If XP, which service pack?

If you open up the client's folders, do you see KnightOnline.exe? (or OldSchoolKO.exe or whatever it may be...)
    If the client EXE doesn't exist, something's deleted it -- so check what you have running, and figure out which would be most likely to delete suspicious applications.

If the client EXE *does* exist, what happens when you try running the client EXE manually?
    That is, does it give you an error like "Please start Knight Online with the launcher"?

If it gives you the error when you start it manually, for some reason the launcher doesn't know where to start the client. Maybe a faulty shortcut with the working dir not set right?
    If starting it manually does nothing at all though, perhaps it's a dependency issue (usually those throw errors, but sometimes they do crash silently). Older operating systems are likely to cause that, so ensure you're up-to-date with Windows updates and try it again.

So many possibilities!

im using windows 7 proffesional service pack 1 .
    client EXE exist a d when i try to run EXE manually it says pls execute knight online via launcher .
    probably faulty shortcut ?

just recognized that when i pusg start on launcher ... nothing comes up in task manager

Unless it's starting and (silently) crashing, it seems to just be an issue with it not finding the client.
    Do you have Teamviewer? I can take a quick look if you wouldn't mind doing that; just send me the details via PM.

Edit:
    It's specific to the anticheat. Doesn't appear to be a dependency issue, there's no conflicting references for it in the registry, and there's really nothing running that it should detect as malicious, the anticheat just doesn't start.
    I'm hoping it's a known problem -- perhaps ISpitOnYourGrave knows what it is?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
    Last edited by twostars; 01-02-2015 at 03:41 AM.

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Unless it's starting and (silently) crashing, it seems to just be an issue with it not finding the client.
    Do you have Teamviewer? I can take a quick look if you wouldn't mind doing that; just send me the details via PM.

Edit:
    It's specific to the anticheat. Doesn't appear to be a dependency issue, there's no conflicting references for it in the registry, and there's really nothing running that it should detect as malicious, the anticheat just doesn't start.
    I'm hoping it's a known problem -- perhaps ISpitOnYourGrave knows what it is?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

i had the same problem on my other pc, if i remember how i fixed it i can help

Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    i had the same problem on my other pc, if i remember how i fixed it i can help
    its a dns problem, that will fix your problem for 100%
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft1gH82VXFE

glad to help
    (do as it say on video)
    twostars likes this.

Thank you wery much