Trojans in Private Servers

This is a discussion on Trojans in Private Servers within the Private Server Technical Support forums, part of the Private Servers category; First of all, hi! (It's my first message on this forum. It's really refreshing to see an english speaking community ...
Page: 1

Default Trojans in Private Servers

First of all, hi! (It's my first message on this forum. It's really refreshing to see an english speaking community that plays Knight Online.)

I wanted to get my fix of nostalgia and play on some private servers and ended up in here. Issue is that any of the clients I downloaded seemed to contain some sort of trojan according to my Avira antivirus software. I don't really know if I should be concerned but I really miss playing this game and I wanted to ask if ignoring the trojan warnings is completely safe.

Sorry if this is asked before. I also welcome any suggestions about which private server to choose, since most of them seem to not have an active player base

it's really depends on the server that you choose, in some sort of server people are taking this fake trojans (false positive on the ko exe which is fine) and actually putting viruses into the client, in most of the english server the viruses that you are having are false positive, if you play a turk 1, well i would better watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by AugenRollen View Post
    First of all, hi! (It's my first message on this forum. It's really refreshing to see an english speaking community that plays Knight Online.)

I wanted to get my fix of nostalgia and play on some private servers and ended up in here. Issue is that any of the clients I downloaded seemed to contain some sort of trojan according to my Avira antivirus software. I don't really know if I should be concerned but I really miss playing this game and I wanted to ask if ignoring the trojan warnings is completely safe.

Sorry if this is asked before. I also welcome any suggestions about which private server to choose, since most of them seem to not have an active player base
    If you give us a server name & tell us what it is it's actually detecting we can tell you with a better degree of certainty.

As above though, people do occasionally intentionally abuse peoples' trust in the false positives, so always be careful.