Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SheldonCooper

Long lasting Oldschool Knight Online server opening !

This is a discussion on Long lasting Oldschool Knight Online server opening ! within the Private Server Technical Support forums, part of the Private Servers category; So us knight online players which must admit that this game is highly addictive must admit that we all need ...
Page: 1

Default Long lasting Oldschool Knight Online server opening !

So us knight online players which must admit that this game is highly addictive must admit that we all need a server like the good old days.
    Yes there are a few good private servers which is fun for us but which not really last long enough for us players to have the good old feeling to grind and farm like the early days.
    I do wonder myself why there isn't a server based on the ones like 2003+. Hard farm, hard Exp, hard upgrade rates with Pus items that doesn't overpower the ones with money.
    Yes there might be some items in pus like wings, Trina's, Bronze, Silver and Gold prem to enchance the players progress.
    Cheap Express and skill restat, free gender change. Increase the level to 75, add new armors and weapons dropped by only the gg bosses like felankor, isiloon or other new added ultimate bosses.
    Make the server hard, plesasant and worth putting time in.
    But do not make it to easy, we players want to grind and the ones that only want to pk, we'll sorry but you guys also have to do some work if you want to win in Cz/Ronark.
    Admins/Creators and owners of the server will profit because of the fact that it'll take costumers/players much more time to get to top level with top items.
    Cz Exp will be slightly increased + droprate aswell so that people who want to pk still have the enjoyment of suprising Exp party's.

Grinding and farming to get the best of the best is necessary.

But why doesn't anyone make a server like this ?

If you want to make money then you will do so with this server. why ? because it is hard to reach the top and people always want to reach the top.

Think about this Topic and visualise it in your imaginary brain.

We want it, Aswell as you.

We will be happy, and happy costumers will return + do anything to be the best of the best.

Create this and you shall succeed !

Like j allen brack said,"you think you do, but you dont". There are no new players when it comes to KO. It's all 35+ years old dudes with lives,jobs,wives,kids,businesses,etc. You think someone that has to work in the morning wants to spend 5 hours manually farming trolls to go from lvl 62 to 63 ?

I wouldn't mind spending hours and hours farming, grinding to reach the top.

Imo MMORPG's is spending hours behind your pc to achieve lvl's, new armor, new acces and weps or am i wrong ?

There r 2 gg privé servers from my point of view, Myko & Prof. Prof is still a bit active in bowl but it gets quite boring after killing the same members over and over without any challenge, you got the items on a really quick time since the opening so u don't actually need "anything else" and you'll think the server is too easy altough you still haven't got everything you truly wanted.
    Now how does it come that those servers r "almost" empty and "inactive" ?
    Because there is no challenge.. and because there is no challenge people will quit and get bored of the server or even knight online in general.

I wanna put effort in a server, but only descent effort when i know it doesn't go "bankrupt" in a matter of weeks which most of the servers do.

Do you guys just want to pk without having the fun, exciting and sometimes boring experience to get the items u need ?
    Cause if i'm correct, that is still what an mmorpg is all about.

People will get bored and they'll leave
    Make it interessting, hard and long lasting to make them stay and keep coming back because there still is a challenge with the aquired benefits.

And i know i am correct in this manner, and so are you.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Doesn't work, the critical mass of players is to small to sustain this in these times. Most of players are casual, hardcore ones are not enough in numbers to sustain activity. And 90% of server population plays for selling gold bars, those will leave no matter the concept as soon as a gold bar price drops. Then as a domino effect the hardcore players will jump to another server too just to get this initial competition and activity thrill again.

There's been a million relaunches with such or similar concepts. Even xAcs servers with top files and really hard coin drop rate, evaporize after 2 months top.
    Kallop likes this.

Thank you for the brief clear response to my topic.

Appreciate it.

I think its possible but not possible for generic turkish clone servers they have somekinda fetish for cutting content from game for a reason , game started with +10 /+5 gear now droppted to +7/8 and +0 for me this is stupid af.I am someone able to balance and edit all the TBL in the game (basicly rewrite the game data) it amazes me how other people cant considering its quite easy with the all the tools out there probably they are lazy or dont want to. Believe me when you stack all the JPKO/SOHU/KRKO gear out there you have soo much item in the game its enough to sustain your server for a year easly. I feel like players feel lack of effort and lazyness when you open server with zero effort thats why close to none grindy severs out there right now.