Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Snoxd? it is closed? what happend?

This is a discussion on Snoxd? it is closed? what happend? within the Private Server Technical Support forums, part of the Private Servers category; Hi, i tried getting into snoxd, and i got moved into ko4life, what happend to snoxD?...
Page: 1

Default Snoxd? it is closed? what happend?

Hi,
    i tried getting into snoxd, and i got moved into ko4life,
    what happend to snoxD?

Same here lol, i've been trying since 3-4 hours ago and i get redirect to ko4life

Snoxd is closed since TwoStars left the KO community.
    It's pretty funny how he left without giving any "legit" explanation,but we can't do anything at this point
    we've lost a lot of stuff releases from different people and as it seems the English part of the KO development is quite frankly dead.

What we can do now is remake a new KO forum,with which each of the more "experienced" members should contribute something.
    I never contributed anything to Snoxd cause ohh well i could say i saw it coming but if anyone else will be making it
    i will be happy to contribute some of my knowledge.
    -------
    Si left us back than no it's TwoStars so what i would do is make a few active contributing people admins of the new forum so we
    wouldn't lose all the stuff once one will quite.

cant he keep snoxd on for just the guides and Q&A that was there? it is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBaby View Post
    cant he keep snoxd on for just the guides and Q&A that was there? it is priceless.
    I agree.
    There were plenty of tutorials and useful information, i don't see the point why he had to close it.
    If he left KO community he could still keep it running as there were plenty of good informations located on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    I agree.
    There were plenty of tutorials and useful information, i don't see the point why he had to close it.
    If he left KO community he could still keep it running as there were plenty of good informations located on the website.
    Or he just can give other people handle it ! lol it's so ridiculous

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Where's the info that he left the ko community?

You guys are trusting somebody with one post, unless I completely missed something.

is there any way we can get from google`s cache most of the topics and recreate ko development forum?
    Last edited by NoOneCanStopMe; 10-28-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: because i can

Banned Senior Member

Possibilities.

Banned Senior Member

I dont think its closed, I could be wrong, but why would he? They're other people that can take it over.

They could be having issues with it or simply changing something. Who knows... they're no confirmation that it is closed. BUT if he did close it, you can't be mad at em. Lots of people have leeched twostars work now and gave him no props... you can't blame the guy.

At-least said something that he gonna close it !
    and yes he did close just look at his signature > http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/me...boutme#aboutme

Banned Senior Member

The PMS is too strong.

Banned Senior Member

Yeah.. this is typical. Closes the forum says goodbye comes back. I don't see the point in closing Snoxd when several members on there would gladly take it off his hands.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Well, I have most of the important topics backed up so if you need something just pm me

orr you can simply look at the cache
    Last edited by ilovemyko1; 10-29-2013 at 01:53 AM.

You all whine, and yet virtually none of you (as usual) care enough to keep it alive. It's like the snoxd-koserver project all over again; "I'll contribute." "Me too!" "Let's do stuff!" Yet when push comes to shove, nobody bothered, and it was initially taken down -- with a lot of complaint from those same people who didn't bother to contribute in the first place. So it was brought up again, and the same thing happened. Surprise.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. Seriously.
    No matter what it is, if you want stuff, you can't just expect others to do things for you. You need to pitch in and help.

Snoxd donations are so infrequent it's insane, and to be honest I don't blame them. The community's pretty much insane at this point, and I know I for one am not remotely as patient with people as I was just a few years ago. Not exactly a pleasant community to want to be a part of, let alone donate to keep running...

Regardless, as it stands the only thing that kept Snoxd afloat was OSKO's large one-off donation a year (and a bit) ago. Kudos to a couple of people who have donated when they got the chance though, I really do appreciate that (also the recent $20 donation, I *really*, really do appreciate that. It really does help to offset the cost). It seems though, that there's a few people (funnily enough, all turks) that donate their $0.01 (or in another case, $0.02) just for the donator title / privileges. While I'm not complaining (a donation's a donation), it does feel like a kick in the guts. Paypal fees alone chew up those donations.

Really, even with that aside, the forums are pretty much dead. It's nothing like it was (hacking? psh, right -- it's all PSKO dev^g^g^gHELP ME I'M TOO LAZY TO SEARCH OR READ SO JUST ANSWER MY QUESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN ASKED A MILLION TIMES IN THE PAST now), and there's no real point in pretending otherwise. I'm the last staff member left, and was only given the privilege of keeping it alive because of it. In retrospect, I should have declined, and let it die then.

Let it die... move on...

PS: Hope this answers your questions so you can please stop PM'ing me, and people in IRC. I'm still getting e-mail notifications.

Edit: Should probably mention that the box the files are on are separate, even, as it allows for the insane amount of downloads it receives. That's another ~$120/year I typically forget about until the time comes to renew it.
    Last edited by twostars; 10-29-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast