Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Snoxd? it is closed? what happend?

This is a discussion on Snoxd? it is closed? what happend? within the Private Server Technical Support forums, part of the Private Servers category; Just, no......
Page: 10

Banned Senior Member

Just, no...

KO-Guru Senior Member

Guys I created new forum you more then welcome come over and help me recover all content back! btw in order to see the content u must register btw this forum is instand of snoxd so PSKO DEV community would be able to keep going!
    Forums - KO4FUN

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForcePower View Post
    Guys I created new forum you more then welcome come over and help me recover all content back! btw in order to see the content u must register btw this forum is instand of snoxd so PSKO DEV community would be able to keep going!
    Forums - KO4FUN
    Ok, when i first opened the link i was like wtf? There is no topic, no welcome message nothing at all, the domain is strange, and with this domain ey.es nobody is going to browse the forum.. I mean come on.

Once i registered it was somewhat not too bad, however everything you shared is a direct copy of ragezone forum, which is lame.. The forum seems to be cracked[Downloading pirate version], not even original, which can lead to shutdown and it debuff the reputation..

8/10 for idea
    4/10 for concept
    1/10 for approach.

GL

EDIT: Than you also put your self 350 reputation and 8 mil posts lol.. You have the tittle here KO GURU? Who the hell gave you that tittle, when you can't write one share of your own.
    MACH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    You're wasting your time even considering open sourcing anything in this community. I mean, I get the intent of sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same, but there's just nobody in this community who feels the same way.

They just want stuff handed to them on a silver platter.

Complete waste of time.
    I honestly understand what you are saying - much of this community seems fueled by flame wars between 8th graders, so I am not surprised. But coding is a selfish hobby for me, I enjoy it, and I do not consider time which I enjoy wasting to be wasted time. An open source project may not be viable now but I'm hoping that eventually changes. As long as private servers remain profitable I think people will be less inclined to contribute to a common goal.

KO-Guru Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grobar View Post
    Ok, when i first opened the link i was like wtf? There is no topic, no welcome message nothing at all, the domain is strange, and with this domain ey.es nobody is going to browse the forum.. I mean come on.

Once i registered it was somewhat not too bad, however everything you shared is a direct copy of ragezone forum, which is lame.. The forum seems to be cracked[Downloading pirate version], not even original, which can lead to shutdown and it debuff the reputation..

8/10 for idea
    4/10 for concept
    1/10 for approach.

GL

EDIT: Than you also put your self 350 reputation and 8 mil posts lol.. You have the tittle here KO GURU? Who the hell gave you that tittle, when you can't write one share of your own.
    First of all I wanted to make the old groups like dedicated, devs , VIP etc once again I tested it lol.

Second, I am the only one who actually trying to do something out there ,
    Third, you said I can't do anything by my own? you even know me? ROFL
    so let me teach you little leasson the one who convert and tweak most of the 1299 patches to 13xx was me , I helped alot of servers during the years made their servers custom I had alot of sharing during the years 2007~2013 were I stopped to develop stuff .
    While you guys using soacs for bdw , juraid etc 2 years ago I built it my self you prefer to buy stuff and yes I wont share those things due the reason no one wanted to help me.. my friend and I tried to get people attention on SNOXD we shared the first source code which from there u can do alot by your own..

You need to follow this sentence: wise man dont talk.
    Last edited by ForcePower; 11-07-2015 at 03:57 AM.

First of all I wanted to make the old groups like dedicated, devs , VIP etc once again I tested it lol.

Second, I am the only one who actually trying to do something out there ,
    Third, you said I can't do anything by my own? you even know me? ROFL
    so let me teach you little leasson the one who convert and tweak most of the 1299 patches to 13xx was me , I helped alot of servers during the years made their servers custom I had alot of sharing during the years 2007~2013 were I stopped to develop stuff .
    While you guys using soacs for bdw , juraid etc 2 years ago I built it my self you prefer to buy stuff and yes I wont share those things due the reason no one wanted to help me.. my friend and I tried to get people attention on SNOXD we shared the first source code which from there u can do alot by your own..

You need to follow this sentence: wise man dont talk.
    don't notice to him btw, is mom didn't give his is allowance just try to ignore him as much as you can.

OT- really nice that you trying to get ko4fun back on ( as it used to) but don't event bother only for 1 reason which is this community is died, and let's face it most of ppl are actually stealing information on snoxd instead actually earn from it like most of the young's devs do.

KO-Guru Senior Member

I see snoxd board back as offline so twostars i hope u can put it online once again my skype user can not handle much requests for help since most of the cases were disscused at snoxd and they can serach for solution by their ownif u will bringit back

I see snoxd board back as offline so twostars i hope u can put it online once again my skype user can not handle much requests for help since most of the cases were disscused at snoxd and they can serach for solution by their ownif u will bringit back
    I know in the past Gamers4Life has offered to host Snoxd on here, so maybe that is still a viable option?

The problem I see is that any decisions made by the community is ultimately Ok’d or vetoed by Twostars; meaning that if he can’t decide what to do then nothing will ever get done. Most KO developers have the attitude that if you aren’t already “in the know” about how KO works you should go fuck yourself. So having Snoxd gone forever fits well into this mold.

KO-Guru Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitShift View Post
    I know in the past Gamers4Life has offered to host Snoxd on here, so maybe that is still a viable option?

The problem I see is that any decisions made by the community is ultimately Ok’d or vetoed by Twostars; meaning that if he can’t decide what to do then nothing will ever get done. Most KO developers have the attitude that if you aren’t already “in the know” about how KO works you should go fuck yourself. So having Snoxd gone forever fits well into this mold.
    Its sad but I have to agree , but I still hope the community will get bigger last month I got alot of requests of people , old players etc to study them how to start server maybe it a wake call :P ?

Its sad but I have to agree , but I still hope the community will get bigger last month I got alot of requests of people , old players etc to study them how to start server maybe it a wake call :P ?
    Yeah definitely, I'm always working on KO stuff. I liked Snoxd because it let me share my progress with other people!

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Resuming the host of Snoxd what for ? it could be on-line but it would remain as dead as it used to be for the last couple years. Nobody contributed for the past 6 years.

Study the old players how to start a server ? They will just keep leeching and they won't ever spend a single buck after all the money they're going to make, to support hosting, till the website dies again. Then what? same story all over again?

Everyone who would like to develop knight online is having all the sources needed. Just google it.

Someone who's interested improving the knight online private server area with new features and such, he should focus on programming tutorial websites than Snoxd.

There are more KO "developers" than players nowadays.

You’re probably not directing all this towards me but I’m going to address all your points anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Resuming the host of Snoxd what for ? it could be on-line but it would remain as dead as it used to be for the last couple years. Nobody contributed for the past 6 years.
    Honestly I think a Snoxd archive is probably more beneficial than opening the site again because people do use it a lot for reference. I don’t think anyone here can deny that.

Study the old players how to start a server ? They will just keep leeching and they won't ever spend a single buck after all the money they're going to make, to support hosting, till the website dies again. Then what? same story all over again?
    This is a very common argument but it’s less persuasive when you don’t depend on KO for a steady income and treat this more like a hobby. You are welcome to question the motivation for what I do but I can only tell you guys so many times that I’m just here because I enjoy it. Maybe you find that threatening somehow, if you do that’s your problem - not mine.

Everyone who would like to develop knight online is having all the sources needed. Just google it.

Someone who's interested improving the knight online private server area with new features and such, he should focus on programming tutorial websites than Snoxd.

There are more KO "developers" than players nowadays.
    I like programming tutorial websites, I have one too. Why not both? I only know about things I find interesting about KO, and that doesn't include "how to add a new NPC", so most people find what I know to be less interesting anyways.

Not sure I understand the correlation of your last statements. Most people didn't care to use the resources given to them, which is why that attitude existed. Having access to something and not bothering to use it (i.e. attempting to help yourself) -- even in their own threads where they were helped personally, in spite of their inability to search for themselves -- doesn't tend to give people much reason to want to keep providing 'help' (where said 'help' is doing things for them, and having them come back weeks or months later with the same problem since they couldn't be bothered to learn from the help provided to them). Maybe that didn't apply to absolutely every single case, but it certainly did to a considerable number of them.

When it got to that point, it's like, why would anyone even bother try to help anymore? If people don't want to learn for themselves, then Snoxd is useless to the great majority of people. As for the very few that *supposedly* exist who used it and learned from it, you really didn't make yourselves known. Better off having people do stuff for you via Skype/over Teamviewer, as it's really no different to what was happening before.

I don't know. I've personally kind've lost all faith in the 'development community' at this point. Just unnecessary drama I can live without.
    ReesesPieces and ottomanko like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Not sure I understand the correlation of your last statements. Most people didn't care to use the resources given to them, which is why that attitude existed. Having access to something and not bothering to use it (i.e. attempting to help yourself) -- even in their own threads where they were helped personally, in spite of their inability to search for themselves -- doesn't tend to give people much reason to want to keep providing 'help' (where said 'help' is doing things for them, and having them come back weeks or months later with the same problem since they couldn't be bothered to learn from the help provided to them). Maybe that didn't apply to absolutely every single case, but it certainly did to a considerable number of them.

When it got to that point, it's like, why would anyone even bother try to help anymore? If people don't want to learn for themselves, then Snoxd is useless to the great majority of people. As for the very few that *supposedly* exist who used it and learned from it, you really didn't make yourselves known. Better off having people do stuff for you via Skype/over Teamviewer, as it's really no different to what was happening before.

I don't know. I've personally kind've lost all faith in the 'development community' at this point. Just unnecessary drama I can live without.
    I see nothing wrong with refusing help to people who aren’t willing to help themselves.

These are some of the best guidelines I know for people writing a thread looking for help. I can’t remember what Snoxd’s policy was on asking for help but perhaps some of this frustration could have been avoided with a strict policy which required more of people - even punishing people who handout answers. Unfortunately I can only provide “what if?” scenarios because I haven’t been around long enough to see this all take place, but you can’t blame me for trying. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, am I right?

Each thread should be treated as helping that person understand and not assuming everything has been made perfectly clear in another thread, or even in a single post. You don’t get to decide what’s perfectly clear and what is confusing for people. If many people are asking the same question then it should be a sign that things aren’t being explained things well enough, and more so with a language barrier.

But I get that this is a lot more complicated than I’m making it out to be and my reductions of the problem are probably quite frustrating so I’ll stop. If there is one thing we can agree on it’s that I too wish this community was different.

Each thread should be treated as helping that person understand and not assuming everything has been made perfectly clear in another thread, or even in a single post. You don’t get to decide what’s perfectly clear and what is confusing for people. If many people are asking the same question then it should be a sign that things aren’t being explained things well enough, and more so with a language barrier.
    I get that. It's moreso that you'd have the same people keep coming back asking the same things they've asked in the past and just not bothering to learn from it. They want a solution now, they don't care to either search for it in the first place (which admittedly can be difficult at times), or learn from it when it's explained to them for the umpteenth time - as you said - personally. Even if the explanation is lacking, the only follow-up is them asking the same thing later on the down the track only to again, not care to learn from it.

While Snoxd looked like it had many different names, it was just the same people creating new accounts because they didn't want themselves to be recognised (whether it be because they were banned, they were involved with servers and didn't want to be seen as looking for help, ... or whatever). There hadn't been any fresh faces in the scene for a long while.

It's just depressing that these people, who've been around the scene asking the same questions since I became part of it (for the most part) haven't cared to learn, even now. Answering the same questions to the same people just gets old. It's not even just a couple here or there either; it's the majority of the community... quite sad. :/

Anyway, it is what it is. Read over the link you provided and it reminds me a lot of SO's post guidelines and such.
    BitShift and simont26 like this.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast