Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Snoxd? it is closed? what happend?

This is a discussion on Snoxd? it is closed? what happend? within the Private Server Technical Support forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by ZeroH My project is close to being finished so i'll stick to it (and only this one),till ...
Page: 9

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroH View Post
    My project is close to being finished so i'll stick to it (and only this one),till i complete it. (Should be start of December)
    I'm also not really interested into starting something (new) on my own,but if you have ideas and you want some help you can hit me up on Skype or IRC.

As for the learning experience,ofcourse doing actual work will improve your knowledge better than some simple exercises.
    My point was in school someone is always monitoring you/helping you through the whole experience. (Which can also be negative ofcourse e.g. you're not used to working alone)
    But i thing in general attending some programming school makes it a lot easier to start off,i've been learning everything from e-books or online courses.

Well I'm following dutch programming classes (wich are one of most known) and that "Someone monitoring me" was only there in the first 2-3 weeks, after that it was pure theory, rules and tasks i had to do that the teacher looked at when i finished it.

Believe me, you can become a better programmer learning everything yourself instead of following classes for it. Only thing you'll probably miss out on are programming rules to keep your code clean

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroH View Post
    My project is close to being finished so i'll stick to it (and only this one),till i complete it. (Should be start of December)
    I'm also not really interested into starting something (new) on my own,but if you have ideas and you want some help you can hit me up on Skype or IRC.
    Yeah I have some ideas; I would like a KO client which I can compile and run with a 1298 server, which would require taking the old source code and adding the features which are missing. However, before I do that, I want a 1298 server which I can compile from source. A 1298 server, with source code, makes writing a 1298 client a lot easier. Also, a 1298 server is a lot less work than a 1298 client (especially with all the server-side code floating around out there). But, I have an added constraint, I want a 1298 server for which each component (AIServer, Aujard, Ebenezer, Login Server) is interchangeable with the 1298 standard binaries (this makes debugging each server component A LOT easier because you are only coding with one component at a time). One of the first things the Snoxd-Server project did was standardize the compression algorithm between all the server components; but if you do that then your AIServer, compiled from source, can no longer communicate with the standard 1298 binary version of Ebenezer and debugging becomes slightly more complicated.

Right now I have a working 1298 AIServer which can communicate with the other 1298 binaries and I'm currently working on Aujard. After Aujard will come the Login Server and lastly Ebenezer. All this code will be WinAPI/SQL Server but, once completed, I will have the option to rewrite everything using SDL2/MySQL (I currently have a "proof-of-concept" AIServer using threads, sockets, semaphores, and the mysql C api). However, the more likely option at that point would be to begin development on a 1298 client and save the re-writes for later on down the road.

That gives you a little idea about my project "road-map". And only 1298 because it has the most information floating around, which makes debugging easier (and I feel that a jump from old source client to 1298 client is more manageable than jumping to something greater than 1298). More modern versions can come later. If this all works out there is obvious monetization value, but honestly that's the last thing I'm thinking about. And whenever the SDL2/MySQL re-writes are done the whole thing goes open source.

You're wasting your time even considering open sourcing anything in this community. I mean, I get the intent of sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same, but there's just nobody in this community who feels the same way.

They just want stuff handed to them on a silver platter.

Complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    You're wasting your time even considering open sourcing anything in this community. I mean, I get the intent of sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same, but there's just nobody in this community who feels the same way.

They just want stuff handed to them on a silver platter.

Complete waste of time.
    "a wild twostars apears." any chance you're willing to give someone a backup of snoxd, possibly bitshift, so he can at least bring some content back, as there are quite a few of us relying on it, thanks.

Banned Member

The guy is funny lol.

Turks share everything from 10xx - 20xx everything open source.. They share panels, they share databases, they share programming skills, they share good programs..
    If someone translates everything from Turkish into an english forum, i'm sure the forum would be sucees.

SNOXD has nothing useful, other than some queries and guides that safes people time and were writen years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobar View Post
    The guy is funny lol.

Turks share everything from 10xx - 20xx everything open source.. They share panels, they share databases, they share programming skills, they share good programs..
    If someone translates everything from Turkish into an english forum, i'm sure the forum would be sucees.

SNOXD has nothing useful, other than some queries and guides that safes people time and were writen years ago.
    Wild difference between sharing and leeching, but I've long given up trying to have any serious conversation with you.

Banned Member

If you wait for USKO to release a new patch, so you can copy it and use for your own server... Is that sharing or leeching?

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grobar View Post
    The guy is funny lol.

Even if outdated by trying some things from there you learn and understand how something works, from there you work your own work. To me clues, hints or guides to understand something has much greater value then a simple already written query that you simply paste to db.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Even if outdated by trying some things from there you learn and understand how something works, from there you work your own work. To me clues, hints or guides to understand something has much greater value then a simple already written query that you simply paste to db.
    But you don't right? You are copying your stuff from turkish forums, such as Client Interfaces, UI's, New items, Special zones, events, procedures for soacs logins,events,k_npcpos.
    Simple question, did you copy the K_NPCPOS table for BDW/JURAID or did you write them alone? We both know you copied it, since it's easier, than just go get all locations..

The only thing that is custom and original in every server is EVT Quests.... Everything else is copied, same... Right? Your moradon from turkish forum also klemen.
    Everyone nowadays can do everything he want with 1299, but he still seek for the premade queries to save him time.

It bother me people [twostars] saying that people just leech, when hes whole game design is leaked from USKO.. He events are leaked from USKO, everything in ApexKO is leeched from USKO, but he programmed to work as it should, the design is leaked, he didn't create the design of the game, and the functionallities, he might fix them but he still leaked them.

But ofcourse twostars has some things that are not leaked, such as Panels, Schedule programs, Dupe scanner? Billing? Prolly more.. Event scheduler etc.
    But twostars is leecher just as everyone else.

As mentioned two can you give someone a backup of snoxd so we can at least archive it or put it back online please many people still find it useful

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    As mentioned two can you give someone a backup of snoxd so we can at least archive it or put it back online please many people still find it useful
    What's so useful there though? It has some good stuff and guides, but it's nothing that can't be remade or rewriten... You just need two to shutdown snoxd forever, or keep it up.

Just let someone make up a forum, and we can write new things up.. Just make sure that you make the place for PS advertising and USKO market section also.

lol, copying UI and shit is non protected. Anyone can do that. While some database ideas you have to write yourself since nobody can steal them. And turkish forums are shit. I never use them I was using snoxd when I had nearly 0 knowledge about developing. But now I don't even need it anymore quite frankly xD Ebenezer I have purchased from osman anyway so he patches it up or codes me an addon if I want and ofc buy it. Database work is mine and my brother's and there's no turkish forums xD There is a developing dedi and test hammer that is xD

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    lol, copying UI and shit is non protected. Anyone can do that. While some database ideas you have to write yourself since nobody can steal them. And turkish forums are shit. I never use them I was using snoxd when I had nearly 0 knowledge about developing. But now I don't even need it anymore quite frankly xD Ebenezer I have purchased from osman anyway so he patches it up or codes me an addon if I want and ofc buy it. Database work is mine and my brother's and there's no turkish forums xD There is a developing dedi and test hammer that is xD
    Okay, so what is custom in your server that wasn't used in 100 servers already? Other than Pandora Chest and few SQL/TBL edits on armors?

The entire server concept is custom but feel free to check it out spend 2 weeks on it and you'll notice the details. The farming itself is a lot more enjoyable since it's based on various fragments collections and no hard core low drop rate grinds.

KO-Guru Senior Member

nvmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by ForcePower; 11-06-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast