View Poll Results: Should we lift the Turkish IP Ban?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

109 45.99%
  • Yes

128 54.01%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible?

This is a discussion on About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by AbelOh Devile, I hope you realise that without the Turkish community this server will not be in ...
Page: 5

Quote Originally Posted by AbelOh View Post
    Devile, I hope you realise that without the Turkish community this server will not be in it's full potention. It will die because of lack on players.
    If the server is being ddos'ed, just ip range bang that certain ip, they won't be able to continue ddos'ing, I can guarantee you that.
    U need to learn more abouit DDoS. Is not like we can ban a couple IPs and that's it. Last DDoS we received was from 400+ different IPs. 99% of the IPs were from a whole bunch of different network blocks from Turk Telekom reason why we were forced to IP block all network ranges from that ISP. Since that ISP is the main Internet provider in Turkey, pretty much all the country got blocked. And that's a very small DDoS.

I bet u didnt realize that.

AbelOh

Not going to discuss about it, if you strike effectively against the specefic attackers, you should be able to take them down slowly, a ddos attack is a botnet controlled by 1 ip that spams connections to another ip all at the same time, which is too much for the internet connection to handle and it will lag and shutdown, but if you can get hold on the ip that controlls the botnet, they'll have to transfer the botnet to a compleetly different ip, which isn't so relevant easy to do.

wawh

Not going to discuss about it, if you strike effectively against the specefic attackers, you should be able to take them down slowly, a ddos attack is a botnet controlled by 1 ip that spams connections to another ip all at the same time, which is too much for the internet connection to handle and it will lag and shutdown, but if you can get hold on the ip that controlls the botnet, they'll have to transfer the botnet to a compleetly different ip, which isn't so relevant easy to do.
    Do you even know what you're talking about? lol

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wawh View Post
    Do you even know what you're talking about? lol
    I know he does. Do you?

If you wanna make ajoke like that do it when you understand what the person says else you look like a idiot.

focus on thread???

Dude, seriously ...

Even if I was able to find who is really behind a DDoS, which is not easy, what am I suppose to do after that? call the police? U think there's some kill switch that will stop the whole attack just cause I know the real IP who launched the DDoS? Blocking that IP won't change a thing. Once the DDoS is launched, it's GG for you no matter what.

Even after u shoot down the server, the DDoS will keep going for hours. Blocking the real IP won't stop the attack at all. Maybe u can trick a newbie that way, but any kid out there that has done this a couple times, would know what to do and fuck u anyway.

voted yes. hoping for a more active server during europe time.

AbelOh

Right, lets get back on toppic.

I just don't think banning Turkey from ko4life KO is any good to all of us.
    Turks are who brought life in KnightOnline, they're about 90% of all the players (over reacting a little bit, duh).
    If there are persons who really have bad intentions with ko4life KO and want to ddos it, they'll just build up a botnet through a vpn service or a proxxy, so they can still ddos the server even though they're located in Turkey, while they "honorable" Turks that are just there to play the game, won't be able to just enjoy the game.
    I'm sure the intentions are meant good to provide a wealthy server without continious downtimes and lags, but I fear that we will have an average amount of 150 - 200 users online if the Turks are not allowed to play, and lets admit, in order to make leveling fun and fair for everyone, there have to be more then just a few top clans with 36 people, random people without any organised clans, let stand a clan, have to get the chance on leveling with a party as well, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    first of all, even without them there will be many people in the server.

second, you can check every server that let turks to play, for example, royalKO, everyday there are turks who comes with k0xp / tbls, does np transfer and more (ull probablly ask how i know its turks, coz of their names ahmed etc...)

you know what.. i don't care... allow them to play in the open beta, so youll see how they will ruin the server

if they can't play legit in PK SERVER, trust me, in exp server they wont play legit
    RoyalKO? Never heard of that. If you "still" experience TBL and Koxp issues in your game, then sadly, you have to focus in your security. Try cheating on a decent server, like SexyKO, EuropeKO, RisingKO, or even, the ones who uses a shareware security system like X-Skip, SOACS, and such.

The main problem is not cheating. A few Ebenezer additions, usage of background programs that released by Twostars and other developers is enough to prevent dupe. For the past 2-3 months, I never seen any kind of dupe in any server I play that uses Twostars' Dupe Scanner. Just incase, add some Anti-Dupe procedures, and it will be impossible to dupe in that server.

The main problem is about DDoS attacks, which I agree for. Once you get attacked by hundreds of zombie computers repeately, the server won't be able to handle everything. Even if it does, it will create lots of lag issues for the players ingame.

As Devile mentioned, we only have one choice of ISP, which is a complete bullshit, so it is pretty impossible to block an IP range. My connection speed, right now;

Funny thing is it is the most expensive connection in the world.

Anyway, thanks Devile for adding poll. Just to stay on topic, I voted yes, and my reasons are;

1. I do not want IP Ban to be lifted, I want a chance in Open Beta to see how things are going.

2. Usage of VPN is easy for a single person, but a whole guild costs like 200usd a month for a single guild. That could be paid for server as donations, and not the gaming company, so money could go for charities.

3. Server population will increase, and it will lead to more enjoyable PK.

4. Turkish players will be able to play with their friends/old friends together.

5. The lazy Turks (the ones who use koxp to exp) won't even pass level 10, therefore, in the long term, only good ones who can handle the server rates will stay.

6. Any problems relating Turkish language and general spam can be solved by making additions to client, or making temporary mutes with active GM's.

If there are persons who really have bad intentions with ko4life KO and want to ddos it, they'll just build up a botnet through a vpn service or a proxxy, so they can still ddos the server even though they're located in Turkey
    I'm taking into consideration all arguments in this topic, yet, PLEASE try to provide arguments that make sense. The one I just quoted, is not one of them.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    RoyalKO? Never heard of that. If you "still" experience TBL and Koxp issues in your game, then sadly, you have to focus in your security. Try cheating on a decent server, like SexyKO, EuropeKO, RisingKO, or even, the ones who uses a shareware security system like X-Skip, SOACS, and such.

The main problem is not cheating. A few Ebenezer additions, usage of background programs that released by Twostars and other developers is enough to prevent dupe. For the past 2-3 months, I never seen any kind of dupe in any server I play that uses Twostars' Dupe Scanner. Just incase, add some Anti-Dupe procedures, and it will be impossible to dupe in that server.

The main problem is about DDoS attacks, which I agree for. Once you get attacked by hundreds of zombie computers repeately, the server won't be able to handle everything. Even if it does, it will create lots of lag issues for the players ingame.

As Devile mentioned, we only have one choice of ISP, which is a complete bullshit, so it is pretty impossible to block an IP range. My connection speed, right now;

Funny thing is it is the most expensive connection in the world.

Anyway, thanks Devile for adding poll. Just to stay on topic, I voted yes, and my reasons are;

1. I do not want IP Ban to be lifted, I want a chance in Open Beta to see how things are going.

2. Usage of VPN is easy for a single person, but a whole guild costs like 200usd a month for a single guild. That could be paid for server as donations, and not the gaming company, so money could go for charities.

3. Server population will increase, and it will lead to more enjoyable PK.

4. Turkish players will be able to play with their friends/old friends together.

5. The lazy Turks (the ones who use koxp to exp) won't even pass level 10, therefore, in the long term, only good ones who can handle the server rates will stay.

6. Any problems relating Turkish language and general spam can be solved by making additions to client, or making temporary mutes with active GM's.
    I really like this arguement, but then again if it's lifted, that would just mean they would spend less then that for sure. What I mean by that, with VPN or no VPN, they will still spend the same amount of money in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    I like the way you present your arguments and you have good ones. Yet, this is not one. I'm from Peru and played Cabal Online aswell with US/EU ipblocks and managed to get my whole guild playing with me for $5 a month (total cost per month). Didn't use VPN tho.

U just need to do some research and get someone that knows Linux. That's all.

Many people seem to think we don;t want turks because they cheat/hack/dupe/fack mums. While this is true, its not the ultimate reason for not wanting turks and the ko4life IP ban. The ultimate reason is security. They don't get their way so they try to take down the server. I have no problem with turks playing the game, and doubt that cheating will be much of a problem (as long as GMs aren't afraid of being "racist" by suspecting many turks of cheating). The reason they shouldn't be allowed is that its not fair to Devile and the others in charge to have to deal with them and their childish ways.

You say that the kiddy turks won't be able to last long in this server because its too hard. Why not? They played KO back in the day when it was harder than this will be. If it is too hard for them, that's a perfect reason to attack the server, isn't it?

Turks are who brought life in KnightOnline
    They r also the ones that killed it

GarlandGreene

Hello, im from turkey and i understand your concerns. You're not the only guys complaining about the current illegal activities on USKO servers, we also are. That's why me and my friends left kronos.
    I really wish to play on ko4life server. But i see that we firstly shud convince you to lift the ban.
    Here is my analysis;
    im kinda sure around 90 percent of turks doesnt even aware of ko4life server. Ones who know it, are generally high lvled and dont want to leave their current characters and servers. So i dont think turks will ruin this server.
    I want you to ask yourselves why turks dont play WOW or silkroad or another MMOPRG instead of Knight Online. It's not that hard to answer. Cuz KO is a game has the most turk population. However we face a different situation in this server. Majority is non-turk players.
    It's entirely up to you, your(non-turkish guys) thoughts are more crucial than ours at this time.
    You at least can test it for a little while once the server started.
    thx..

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    03-18-2023, 09:44 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    05-24-2022, 02:52 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Hits: 12
    01-13-2010, 05:08 PM
  5. Hits: 1