View Poll Results: Should we lift the Turkish IP Ban?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

109 45.99%
  • Yes

128 54.01%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible?

This is a discussion on About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Generalizations? Racism? Sif, how about inductive logic. Why not rally up all the boys and putting together a TRKO?...
Page: 12

Generalizations? Racism? Sif, how about inductive logic. Why not rally up all the boys and putting together a TRKO?

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    to takie małe oderwanie od offtopu...

About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible?

Ankieta czy mają ściągnąć IP bana z Turcji (yes, że Turki mogą grać)
    Zagłosujcie chociaż, bo wątpię, że komuś będzie się chciało czytać 11stron, ewentualnie można się wypowiedzieć
    Tylko zanim bezmyślnie zagłosujecie na nie, bo nikt Turasów nie lubi, cioty, koxpy, itd. to przemyślcie to logicznie, głównie chodzi o popularność na servie (turków trochę będzie, free NP zazwyczaj i będzie co robić) vs security (ściągnięcie bana może spowodować ataki na server - co i tak jest możliwe z innej strony)

osobiście zagłosowałem na TAK, bo:
    1) jak już pisałem, więcej ludzi
    2) sporo dzieciaków sobie szybko server odpuści, bo to nie full +10/+5 PK priv, zostaną tylko ci starzy gg gracze
    3) będzie (przynajmniej z założenia) 2 GMów online cały czas, więc koxpy to nie problem (zresztą, to nie tylko turasy koxpią)
    4) atak na server jest możliwy ze strony zarówno Turcji przy IP banie (VPN i lecą) jak i z innej strony jak bana ściągną
    5) znam paru spoko Turków, którzy, aby grać, musieliby kupować VPN co miesiąc

wat does all this mean?

got it from gamers4life offical website that is linked back to this one
    xD that's my post at Polish forums n44b :P
    yes, as Nismo said, I told people to alteast vote, as they probably won't find fun reading all of this, but before they vote, they should think logicly, not like most people do - Turks are bad, morons, idiots, koxpers, and so ...

Quote Originally Posted by Xargos View Post
    And they keep towning....

BTW Aristona you're an nice one scammer........
    I have no idea who you are or what you are talking about, but feel free to private message me about this. I would like to hear that, since I am sure I have never scammed anyone in my entire life.

Please stay on topic and pm me. I won't discuss such things on this thread.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Latest heads up on how the admins are going on this.

Currently we are looking at the impact of customer support and the many issues it would bring. Even though we can speak several languages between the lot of us we are wanting to only offer support in English to keep things simple.

Next issue is the pressure that would be put on us to allow Turks on this forum and ultimatley a Turkish GM. We are unlikely to ever get Turkish staff as we honestly do not know enough respected Turks well enough to let them into the admin side of stuff.

We are also exploring the possiblity of migrating the forum to a seperate server eventually so it is the only entiy there and possibly allowing Turks to come back on the forums.

Untill we have really worked out this situation there is not alot that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Latest heads up on how the admins are going on this.

Currently we are looking at the impact of customer support and the many issues it would bring. Even though we can speak several languages between the lot of us we are wanting to only offer support in English to keep things simple.

Next issue is the pressure that would be put on us to allow Turks on this forum and ultimatley a Turkish GM. We are unlikely to ever get Turkish staff as we honestly do not know enough respected Turks well enough to let them into the admin side of stuff.

We are also exploring the possiblity of migrating the forum to a seperate server eventually so it is the only entiy there and possibly allowing Turks to come back on the forums.

Untill we have really worked out this situation there is not alot that will happen.
    Please, no. Even tho I am Turkish, whenever I face a Turkish GM on a private server, the server dies after a while because of the corruption or the actions they take when they are pissed off. There are many examples about this which happend in the past. Also there is already a good amount of GM's in the staff. More is not necessary.

As for the support issues, if you make a forum for Turkish players, the ones who knows english will be helpful for translating tickets for Turkish players so it will be easier for staff to support.

DAFAQ Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Please, no. Even tho I am Turkish, whenever I face a Turkish GM on a private server, the server dies after a while because of the corruption or the actions they take when they are pissed off. There are many examples about this which happend in the past. Also there is already a good amount of GM's in the staff. More is not necessary.

As for the support issues, if you make a forum for Turkish players, the ones who knows english will be helpful for translating tickets for Turkish players so it will be easier for staff to support.

I am against Turkish forum section. Making Turkish section will atract alot of turkish kids that have no knowlage of english language therefor they will have hard time comunicating ingame with GM's and other english speaking players.

Not to mention there will alwaise be some stupid kids that will spam turkish in english section of the forum.

No way on eath is there going to be a Turkish language area. You want to play our server it is on our terms only and never forget that. It is one thing being allowed on the server it is another us bending over and letting them take control as has happend with USKO. If we did a Turkish forum it would than mean a Polish , Spanish , Greek, Dutch forums. Noone gets any more privilages than the next.

I like rusty spoons Senior Member Holocaust's Avatar

I'm leaning towards a yes, I mean sure theres tons of annoying little turk kids who hack and run there mouth, but theres alot of other kids who do that too. I totally agree with cama's post if you are joking around with them they can take it seriously and go ballistic. But it would be interesting having turkish players, but keeping shout/normal chat english only. If anything perhaps give them a trial period of 1-2 weeks and see how it goes from there.

like stated above, if you let them in the server then kick them out they will attack and not stop. Its either let them in from the start and keep them in or not at all, i dont think it will happen honestly

SliceAndDice

first let them communicate on the forum and let a turkish gm to let them know our rules that mean the first attack against the server would mean turkish ip ban..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post

AND THATS WHY WE DON'T WANT TURKS IN THE SERVER

everytime they are pissed, they start cheating and trying to crash the server

in every server its like that, and you are turk and here you said that you know that

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post

in every server its like that, and you are turk and here you said that you know that

Sums my personal feelings perfectly.

Way to steriotype things.

Its not that English people who are pissed will behave like grown ups and wont cheat nor try to crash the server. Hence, most Kocrash programs or any other cheats are made by English people so lol, your post made no sense at all?

Don't get me wrong, I'm against Turkish GMs, Turkish subsections etc as well. If they want to play the server, they should learn proper English if not GTFO

thank mr. skeletal Senior Member XeroK's Avatar

+1
    I'm sorry, but I quit USKO because of the Turks, I know all Turks are not the same... but what can I say ?
    It's true, considering most of the Turks are like that, there may be some trustable ones, but the rest... you know what I mean.

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    Way to steriotype things.

Its not that English people who are pissed will behave like grown ups and wont cheat nor try to crash the server. Hence, most Kocrash programs or any other cheats are made by English people so lol, your post made no sense at all?

Don't get me wrong, I'm against Turkish GMs, Turkish subsections etc as well. If they want to play the server, they should learn proper English if not GTFO
    wow, master the fact that it was said by a turkish person. He has told it us himself. And why are you talking about English people? ko4mylife is not English, and you're not English either as i see.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    03-18-2023, 09:44 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    05-24-2022, 02:52 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Hits: 12
    01-13-2010, 05:08 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    01-13-2010, 05:04 PM
  6. Hits: 1