View Poll Results: Should we lift the Turkish IP Ban?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

109 45.99%
  • Yes

128 54.01%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible?

This is a discussion on About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; The idea of this topic is to present argument of why we should lift the IP ban, or not. We ...
Page: 13

The idea of this topic is to present argument of why we should lift the IP ban, or not.

We are not looking for a flame war, debate, etc. Please just state your opinion and vote. If u dont like someone elses opinion, go outside, take a deep breath and come back.

Again, we just want solid arguments for both positions, not ppl yelling at each other.

PS: Felix, go get some more morphine.

the day the turkish ip ban is removed is the day i delete my ko4life account.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    The idea of this topic is to present argument of why we should lift the IP ban, or not.

We are not looking for a flame war, debate, etc. Please just state your opinion and vote. If u dont like someone elses opinion, go outside, take a deep breath and come back.

Again, we just want solid arguments for both positions, not ppl yelling at each other.

PS: Felix, go get some more morphine.
    Feo Puta! I am still stuck in hospital but been told I can go home tonight!

Going to spamm the shit out of you and denie you buritos!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudior View Post
    wow, master the fact that it was said by a turkish person. He has told it us himself. And why are you talking about English people? ko4mylife is not English, and you're not English either as i see.
    Oh lol, maybe read my post first before reacting. Then it would actually make sense.

FYI, 95% of the times people use the world "English", they mean people who are capable of writing a post in understandable English.

Besides I also said that Im against any kind of Turkish support. If Turks want to play the server, they should learn English. If not, they shouldnt even bother trying this out. My opinion is that its just stupid to steriotype things like "turks are cheaters and if they get a ban, they will crash the server". The probability is higher that English people will crash the server faster if they get a ban on this server.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Well there's only a handfull of true English people involed on the staffing side and with people like AHM playing there is going to be another good amount of English people playing.

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    Oh lol, maybe read my post first before reacting. Then it would actually make sense.

FYI, 95% of the times people use the world "English", they mean people who are capable of writing a post in understandable English.
    so actually im English? wtf are you talking about.
    Und wenn ich auf Deutsch spreche? Bin ich dann deutsch?(And if im speaking in German? Am i German then?) Sounds pretty stupid, isnt it?

Finduilas

so actually im English? wtf are you talking about.
    Und wenn ich auf Deutsch spreche? Bin ich dann deutsch?(And if im speaking in German? Am i German then?) Sounds pretty stupid, isnt it?
    Don't get mad. :O It's just an unfortunate word usage. By "English ppl" Soenne means "English-speaking ppl" (not necessarily as a first language).

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
    Don't get mad. :O It's just an unfortunate word usage. By "English ppl" Soenne means "English-speaking ppl" (not necessarily as a first language).
    lol im not mad or angry and actually im not fighting against soenne. But hes talking about stereotypes while hes the one who uses that. I'll explain:
    Hes talking about "english people" and "turkish people". And he said who can speakin/writing in understandable English is "English". The creator of this topic is Turkish, but he can speak in English well. So he should be "English", right? But hes not... If a turkish person can speak in English, hes still "Turkish" in this point of view. And this is what i call stereotyp! Ahh i dont want to arguing so /nuff_said for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    AND THATS WHY WE DON'T WANT TURKS IN THE SERVER

everytime they are pissed, they start cheating and trying to crash the server

in every server its like that, and you are turk and here you said that you know that
    Caps was not needed, and I never said the opposite of this. I am talking about the Turkish GM issue, and I am always against hiring Turkish GM's.

Crashing the server does not require more than download and click a button knowledge. Thankfully, some non-Turks made it easy to crash a server with their mini applications, which they released on a non-Turkish forum. Due to KO population in Turkey, it is usually the Turkish players who crashes the servers. However, you have to understand, if a Turk can crash ko4life server, a non-Turk can do it too, since it is just easy as downloading an application and clicking "Start".

The problem that Ko4life staff afraid of is not these mini applications. (Still, you need protection to all of them to be sure.) It is the DDoS attacks, and to make a successful DDoS attacks, you need a superb hacking knowledge and at least 100+ zombie computers. That is the hard part, and not everyone who is pissed can do this.

Anyway, the last decision about IP Ban is Ko4life staff's. Whatever decision they take is okay for me, and my clannies. We/I don't want to feel bad if IP Ban gets lifted and server gets attacks at the first day...

xiahou_yuan

I think turkish IP ban should be lifted, I'm Turkish my self, but luckily I don't live in Turkey so it doesn't really make a difference to me, but lol, the game isn't fun without Turks, how else would you laugh about a pm saying " I'm fak u mader"
    and lol, if people crash servers it's the non-turks, ever heard of KO-Cuce?? it's a turkish ko forum, and lol if turks want to play a server, there is atleast 1 new server released everyday and published in that forum. only the people who actually want to play with English people will join anyway, and I think they deserve a chance, you shouldn't punish everyone for the mistakes of others.

Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    I think turkish IP ban should be lifted, I'm Turkish my self, but luckily I don't live in Turkey so it doesn't really make a difference to me, but lol, the game isn't fun without Turks, how else would you laugh about a pm saying " I'm fak u mader"
    and lol, if people crash servers it's the non-turks, ever heard of KO-Cuce?? it's a turkish ko forum, and lol if turks want to play a server, there is atleast 1 new server released everyday and published in that forum. only the people who actually want to play with English people will join anyway, and I think they deserve a chance, you shouldn't punish everyone for the mistakes of others.
    Sadly or not, it has come this far, where the innocent people get punished for the actions and deeds of the guilty people.

DAFAQ Senior Member

lol im not mad or angry and actually im not fighting against soenne. But hes talking about stereotypes while hes the one who uses that. I'll explain:
    Hes talking about "english people" and "turkish people". And he said who can speakin/writing in understandable English is "English". The creator of this topic is Turkish, but he can speak in English well. So he should be "English", right? But hes not... If a turkish person can speak in English, hes still "Turkish" in this point of view. And this is what i call stereotyp! Ahh i dont want to arguing so /nuff_said for me.

In USKO there are 2 types of ppl, English speaking ppl and non-english speaking ppl.

So when someone referes to English speaking ppl they just write English coz its shorter.

Thought its common knowlage,guess im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    Sadly or not, it has come this far, where the innocent people get punished for the actions and deeds of the guilty people.
    Sad but true xD

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Well from what I read, there is no IP restriction anywhere in the world... so that means welcome Turkish kankas.

id say give them a chance for a test

if it doesnt work out ban again

but were all humans and we all need a second chance

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    03-18-2023, 09:44 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    05-24-2022, 02:52 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Hits: 12
    01-13-2010, 05:08 PM