View Poll Results: Should we lift the Turkish IP Ban?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

109 45.99%
  • Yes

128 54.01%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible?

This is a discussion on About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; i woud love to see turks play, cause infact ko isnt ko w/o them, they have been around since it ...
Page: 3

k66k Senior Member ShellinShitakaMad_doll's Avatar

i woud love to see turks play, cause infact ko isnt ko w/o them, they have been around since it started and well we woud prolly see alot more ppl online when turks can also login

The thing the majority of people that play usko fail to realise, the very best hacks out there are actually made by turkish players. I for a fact know that some of the best hacks and bots are created by americans People should learn not to be racist.

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    The thing the majority of people that play usko fail to realise, the very best hacks out there are actually made by turkish players. I for a fact know that some of the best hacks and bots are created by americans People should learn not to be racist.
    TabbyCat, even as a Turk, I feel myself racist sometimes because of the stupid behaivour Turkish players take on MMORPG's, since the overall age of the Turkish players never pass 10. (Yes, I am serious. Noone wants loads of cusses to their mom/sister or see pointless spam in chatbox.)

I had my own server, I also worked for Community Liaison on Cabal Online/Hero Online for a while. Sadly, the attitude of Turkish players was same as KO. When we check their overall ages, it was generally under 15. (Not offending to the people under 18. If people likes you at that age, then you are on the good way already.) I can guarantee it because everytime I go a public cafe, I see loads of kids between 5-12 year age who plays MMO's with cheats on.

Anyway, a KO/MMO addict (like me) is learning English in his first, or second year of playing without any additional work. By the time I started KO at the start of diez, I was only able to write few sentences in English. Right now, I believe I am pretty good at english, even as Turkish. It is just impossible to not to learn English with current technology we have.

On topic, thank you all for your feedbacks and opinions, but an official reply would be very pleasuring in this thread.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

We need them to make it a fun experience in a populated server. Simply lift the Turkish IP ban for about a week or 2, that way if anything happens I really doubt people would mind from starting over again, and if nothing happens, still put the IP ban active and let them use proxies.

Yea I would suggest a trial period, because I personally know that a lot of turkish players are 100% legit and well spoken and want to play a good private servers. Its just the handfull of people that create mas-generalisations amongst a countries players sadly.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Yeh i know it for sure also...said this in some other topic.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

mhm dont get hopes up untill devile posted something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    By the time I started KO at the start of diez, I was only able to write few sentences in English. Right now, I believe I am pretty good at english.
    Your english is werę good indeed

But what you have to realize (Felix and Devil stated this before) is that It doesnt matter how much turkish people are commited to play the game fairly, It would just take one asshole with access to DDoS tools to throw down the server. And we all know, as yourself have acknowledge it, theres no few hackers/cheaters in the turkish community.

I think everybody wish there was a way but sadly, theres probably isnt one.

I said no already but I will think about it again.

The only reason why I'm even thinking about this is cause I see non Turk players requesting to lift the IP Ban. That makes me think a little.

I will add a poll to this topic just for reference. The votes itself mean NOTHING. It won't mean that if one side wins, we will do that. I'm just curious about what most players think.

well it wud be fun if turks wud play, also wud booost the population of server.
    However what most of you have failed to realise, is the reason for not allowing the turkish ips is not that they use alot of cheats in game, its to prevent attacks agains the server itself. Turks were able to access ko4life, but back in 2006 there were massive ddos attacks from turkish ips, causing ko4life to shutdown for a few days. And i personally wudnt want that to happen on the ko4life's ko server as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I said no already but I will think about it again.

The only reason why I'm even thinking about this is cause I see non Turk players requesting to lift the IP Ban. That makes me think a little.

I will add a poll to this topic just for reference. The votes itself mean NOTHING. It won't mean that if one side wins, we will do that. I'm just curious about what most players think.

dont be suprised if u get 100% vote in favor of legit turks

we need turks back to keep the server populated

It would be nice to keep the server populated at odd hours of the day ^^

I think its important that they speak English though. If I start seeing AQ mather nardishen clan+kac I might kill myself.

Ok, the poll is up. Let us know what you think.

Remember the outcome of the vote won't dictate any inmediate actions. It's here just for reference.

Also try to explain why yes or why not here, so we have a clear idea of your opinions.

Banned

if we will allow turks to play, turst me it will be like usko

turks will spam chat in turkish, a big part of them start hacking, they will find a way to dupe stuff ,and it will ruin the server...

edit: as you may guess, i voted no..

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    03-18-2023, 09:44 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    05-24-2022, 02:52 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Hits: 12
    01-13-2010, 05:08 PM
  5. Hits: 1