View Poll Results: Should we lift the Turkish IP Ban?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

109 45.99%
  • Yes

128 54.01%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible?

This is a discussion on About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I voted yes. I think Open Beta would be a great opportunity to test this....
Page: 4

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

I voted yes. I think Open Beta would be a great opportunity to test this.

its possible to unblock individual ip adres for only english speeking turks and legits?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LfromLogos View Post
    its possible to unblock individual ip adres for only english speeking turks and legits?
    lol is that a joke?

AbelOh

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Ok, the poll is up. Let us know what you think.

Remember the outcome of the vote won't dictate any inmediate actions. It's here just for reference.

Also try to explain why yes or why not here, so we have a clear idea of your opinions.
    Devile, I hope you realise that without the Turkish community this server will not be in it's full potention. It will die because of lack on players.
    If the server is being ddos'ed, just ip range bang that certain ip, they won't be able to continue ddos'ing, I can guarantee you that.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    if we will allow turks to play, turst me it will be like usko

turks will spam chat in turkish, a big part of them start hacking, they will find a way to dupe stuff ,and it will ruin the server...

edit: as you may guess, i voted no..
    and your whole opinion is based on guesses and assumptions?

If there are cheats available to the turkish players, they will be available to players from every other country. Turks aren't the only ones able to perform DDoS attacks on the server.
    We should let the turkish community play. If use of turkish on normal chat is an issue, it could easily be solved by temporary mutes.

Higher server population will ALWAYS result in better pk and wars. The server will be more competitive as well. And afaik, that's pretty much what everybody wants.
    I voted for yes and I am seriously surprised by the amount of no votes without any objective comments.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by grzequ View Post
    and your whole opinion is based on guesses and assumptions?

If there are cheats available to the turkish players, they will be available to players from every other country. Turks aren't the only ones able to perform DDoS attacks on the server.

We should let the turkish community play. If use of turkish on normal chat is an issue, it could easily be solved by temporary mutes.

Higher server population will ALWAYS result in better pk and wars. The server will be more competitive as well. And afaik, that's pretty much what everybody wants.
    first of all, even without them there will be many people in the server.

second, you can check every server that let turks to play, for example, royalKO, everyday there are turks who comes with k0xp / tbls, does np transfer and more (ull probablly ask how i know its turks, coz of their names ahmed etc...)

you know what.. i don't care... allow them to play in the open beta, so youll see how they will ruin the server

if they can't play legit in PK SERVER, trust me, in exp server they wont play legit

I voted for yes, just to give them a try.

BUT the thing that we HAVE to do, is to make them actually know the rules, which will simply say that there should NOT be turkish in normal/shout chats...

as for cheating, it was said that they want to have 2 GMs online in the same time, so that shouldn't be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    I voted yes. I think Open Beta would be a great opportunity to test this.

+1 agree 100%

well i voted yes, why? beacuse i believe in second chance, not like USKO by buying premium but some ppl rly can change.. i remember when i made my rogue and i remember having k0xper friends and thinking its like cool and stuff.. when i started pking.. i knew its bullshit and changed to be against k0xp. So i guess turkish players can change too if they rly want to.. but i want to be really really careful.. if u see any1 from these turkish players cheating and trying to ruin the server.. ban account 1st.. if it keeps happening.. just bring back the IP ban, they wanted it off, if they dont go by rules they have nothing to moan about.

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    first of all, even without them there will be many people in the server.

second, you can check every server that let turks to play, for example, royalKO, everyday there are turks who comes with k0xp / tbls, does np transfer and more (ull probablly ask how i know its turks, coz of their names ahmed etc...)

you know what.. i don't care... allow them to play in the open beta, so youll see how they will ruin the server

if they can't play legit in PK SERVER, trust me, in exp server they wont play legit

lets say 20 % of ppl use koxp..

so if we have a serv where we had 2000pll and 1000 of then r turksh there ll be 200 turksh koxp

but lets say we have 100 of usa 100 from peru 100 from canadian 100 from israel etc... we ll have like 20 ppl of each nation using koxp ofc ppl ll blame turks cuze they r most on serv

what i am trying to say is every nation have some % of ppl who ll try to cheat koxp hack etc... but like everyone know turksh r the largest population on KO and that is y ppl usualy be racisti with then.. but be honest.. did not u know any american who tryed to chead or used koxp? or any other nation?

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

You guys have to realize that in-game problems will be solved for sure, simply because we will have active GMs to take care of that kind of stuff, which USKO never offered us. The only problem is, is the database hacking, or forum hacking.

But we really do need the Turkish community to play to increase the population size,... because what kind of competition would it be to play against 500 people instead of playing with lets say 2000.

Well i can give you an example of why lifting the Turkish IP Ban is a good idea.

I don't claim to be playing this server but as someone that played Knight Online for a while and someone that seeks competition in CZ (As most good KO players do) the main thing you look for is activeness/population. If you're in CZ and there is hardly anyone out there to kill you get bored and log off. Eventually you are bored enough you no longer want to play.

Case and point, C-West. So many retards (Excuse my language but its the truth) were raving and screaming for joy on the forums that C-West would lock out the turks. I on the other hand was against it completely, a long with several other Fierce members.

So the server starts, and guess what, to no suprise its completely empty. You go into CZ to raid an exp party and the only one we can find is Undestructablezz. You go into Eslant and its like a wasteland. I can go on and on for days about how horrible the server was and how WE (Fierce an english clan) quit to go to C-East (The Turk Server) because of the lack of population, and people in CZ.

Now obviously not everyone quits their main server to join the new one which could account for C-West not having enough english players. However, you get my point. The only way to truely keep the server populated in my opinion is to allow the turks to play. Unless you can somehow miraculously get every english player on this forum to play i doubt it will be crowded all the time, but i could be wrong.

Anyways by allowing the turks to play (Provided they can speak english) you just ensure that your server is that much more populated, and thus give your players a better experience.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    You guys have to realize that in-game problems will be solved for sure, simply because we will have active GMs to take care of that kind of stuff, which USKO never offered us. The only problem is, is the database hacking, or forum hacking.

But we really do need the Turkish community to play to increase the population size,... because what kind of competition would it be to play against 500 people instead of playing with lets say 2000.
    You should ask devile if he is actually afraid of turks hacking into forums or the database. I hope you realize that turkey isn't some kind of hacking nation.

Psy

I voted no.

KO4Life is halfway dead as it is. As in dead, I mean that certain parts of the forum are dead, there's too many topics to post in. If turks were to come along, expect any one of these sections to be overrun with turkish topics

If you lift the IP ban, there will be a floodgate of Turkish players swarming in that you won't be able to manage. You can say "English only," but this will change quickly when you start hiring Turkish moderators. If conversations are meant to happen between two people or towards a certain group, then why should they bother posting in English for all to see?

I thought they were banned because of the ddos attacks and the community's growing hostility towards them. If you think ko4life is over either one of those then by all means lift the ban.

If you do decide to open it up to them, my request to you is make sure the "English Only" rule is enforced from the beginning. Punish the moderators who post in anything but english. Make sure everyone understands that only one language is accepted on this forum.
    Last edited by Psy; 01-11-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I voted no.

KO4Life is halfway dead as it is. As in dead, I mean that certain parts of the forum are dead, there's too many topics to post in. If turks were to come along, expect any one of these sections to be overrun with turkish topics

If you lift the IP ban, there will be a floodgate of Turkish players swarming in that you won't be able to manage. You can say "English only," but this will change quickly when you start hiring Turkish moderators. If conversations are meant to happen between two people or towards a certain group, then why should they bother posting in English for all to see?

I thought they were banned because of the ddos attacks and the community's growing hostility towards them. If you think ko4life is over either one of those then by all means lift the ban.

If you do decide to open it up to them, my request to you is make sure the "English Only" rule is enforced from the beginning. Punish the moderators who post in anything but english. Make sure everyone understands that only one language is accepted on this forum.

Its about the ps not the forum

Like this tehre wont be a good poll if ppl dont understand it

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    03-18-2023, 09:44 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    05-24-2022, 02:52 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Hits: 12
    01-13-2010, 05:08 PM