View Poll Results: Should we lift the Turkish IP Ban?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

109 45.99%
  • Yes

128 54.01%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible?

This is a discussion on About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by Devile I'm taking into consideration all arguments in this topic, yet, PLEASE try to provide arguments that ...
Page: 6

AbelOh

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I'm taking into consideration all arguments in this topic, yet, PLEASE try to provide arguments that make sense. The one I just quoted, is not one of them.
    Actually, it is a senseful explanation, people often use a different ip to control their botnet in order to hide their real identity.
    Only real amatures that barely know how even know how to build up an own botnet properly will not use safety precautions. You can get free VPN services on the internet with a static ip that do not leave any logs, so the chance you'd be able to track their real ip easily wouldn't be so common.

Originally Posted by ko4mylife
    first of all, even without them there will be many people in the server.

second, you can check every server that let turks to play, for example, royalKO, everyday there are turks who comes with k0xp / tbls, does np transfer and more (ull probablly ask how i know its turks, coz of their names ahmed etc...)

you know what.. i don't care... allow them to play in the open beta, so youll see how they will ruin the server

if they can't play legit in PK SERVER, trust me, in exp server they wont play legit
    Today,even if u don't know sh*t about private servers /coding..... u need ,not more than 1-2 months to make your private server secured/without cheaters/duppers by leeching the files from snoxd/kodevs/ragezone etc etc...
    So if the owner of RoyalKo can't stop cheaters than he is a retarded.

and about the Turks,as long as they speak english and play legit,there isn't any difference between them and the rest of the gaming comunity.

Quote Originally Posted by AbelOh View Post
    Actually, it is a senseful explanation, people often use a different ip to control their botnet in order to hide their real identity.
    Only real amatures that barely know how even know how to build up an own botnet properly will not use safety precautions. You can get free VPN services on the internet with a static ip that do not leave any logs, so the chance you'd be able to track their real ip easily wouldn't be so common.
    Even if I was able to find who is really behind a DDoS, which is not easy, what am I suppose to do after that? call the police? U think there's some kill switch that will stop the whole attack just cause I know the real IP who launched the DDoS? Blocking that IP won't change a thing. Once the DDoS is launched, it's GG for you no matter what.
    He told u already,even if he finds the real idenity of a Ddoser ,what can he do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by AbelOh View Post
    And how exactly are you going to know who originated the attack? Your not using your own computer to attack, your using it to start the attack.

Makes no sense.

Today,even if u don't know sh*t about private servers /coding..... u need ,not more than 1-2 months to make your private server secured/without cheaters/duppers by leeching the files from snoxd/kodevs/ragezone etc etc...
    So if the owner of RoyalKo can't stop cheaters than he is a retarded.
    X-Skip, Soacs, and what ever Sexy uses, they are not hard to bypass. You need to understand why your doing it the way you are doing it, 1-2 months will give you an overview of the db and how the server files work, not make you a gaming server expert.
    Last edited by MeeP; 01-11-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Banned for scamming.

i voted yes but i would like a caped ammount for turkish players, dunno how or if this is possible, but i have played servers ie Frienzko, started us community ended mainly turk. So maybe a limit of 300 or what ever % accounts allowed to be created from a turkish source, this is just a idea... no need to spit roast me:P

AbelOh

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    And how exactly are you going to know who originated the attack? Your not using your own computer to attack, your using it to start the attack.

Makes no sense.
    Like said earlier by someone else, if you don't even understand what I'm writing down, don't start saying it doesn't make no sense, because that really makes you sound like an idiot, if you control your botnet with your original IP, you will be traced if the victim has the knowledge to and is willing to put some effort in it, or by getting help from some experts to.

Next time use google before you start accusing others of making posts that make no sense at all.

This is the first result you get by googling.

Stage 1: The First Five Minutes

Like any attack, it's the first few minutes that are the most crucial to minimizing the damage -- and getting the victim organization back online if the attack has overwhelmed its connection. "This requires a well-oiled group to react -- to spot it and push mitigation in place in real-time," Joffe says.

Devices like Arbor Networks's IPS can filter out the bad traffic at the edge. "This allows you to push the attack back upstream through the major backbone providers, where you can once again begin to operate" normally, he says.

It's in this phase that the ISP can trace the direct attackers, usually the clueless, infected bots that launched the packets at the victim. But these decoys are just the first layer of the attack. "How do you contact those 35,000 machine owners somewhere in the world? That would take a few weeks," he says. "But the problem is in the first five minutes."

That's if you can trace the bots at all: Many sophisticated botnet operators hijack so-called "darknet" IP addresses -- the unused IP address space held by ISPs -- to make them more untraceable. "When you try to trace it back, you find the addresses were hijacked, so you don't know who the attacker is," Narus's Bannerman says. So Narus's system monitors traffic for so-called "hijacked prefixes," he says.

Still, the priority of the enterprise under siege isn't identifying the bad guy -- it's ending the attack. "They are less concerned about the source of the attack and taking any other [investigative] actions -- which lead into forensics and legal, which may be futile," says Cecil Adams, senior product manager for Verizon Business, which offers a DDOS service. "They look to us to stop the attack... We make sure all the links are not congested with it."

That means filtering out the malicious traffic, and also working with other ISPs. Verizon can identify if an attack is spoofed, or if it originated from another provider or a third party, Adams says. "Then we can close out the botnets generating the traffic," he says.

Stage 2: The First Hour

Once the attacking packets have been blocked and the victim is recovering, it's time to trace the command and control infrastructure behind the DDOS-attacking botnet. "This is not as easy as it used to be," Neustar's Joffe says. Botnets are increasingly using encrypted links and peer-to-peer connections rather than the more conspicuous Internet Relay Chat (IRC) channels that are often used for nefarious purposes.

"This [stage] requires a lot more resources, cooperation, and knowledge," he says.

It's in this stage that ISPs and researchers look at things from the point of view of the target of the DDOS. Who might be a logical attacker? A competitor? A crime ring that's been waging these attacks regularly?

Neustar lurks in underground chat sites to check for any hints or intelligence on the attacks or who might be behind them. And it tries to track how the bots are getting their orders, and over what communications channel.

"If we can disrupt that particular channel, it may have the ability to stop the attack more easily than trying to shut down 35,000 bot machines," he says. And that means going after the second layer of the command and control infrastructure. "They tend not to use their own machines in any part other than at the initial site to communicate," he says. "Ten or 15 machines actually operate as the controllers... We can contact those owners and ISPs can block those machines. That's more manageable."

Stage 3: The Investigation

Putting a face to the bad guys behind the attack is the stage where most ISPs prefer to defer to law enforcement and security researchers. They cooperate with law enforcement, but must be mindful of NDAs and privacy concerns with their customers.

"A lot of this doesn't get reported," Arbor's McPherson says. "Most of the time, network operators don't want to be party to that [law enforcement investigation]. ISPs typically aren't the actual target, and they [have to protect] customer data. And the victims don't want to report an attack because it could damage their reputation."

Not only that, but there's not one central place to report a DDOS attack, he says.

And even in the aftermath of a DDOS, it can take hours or days to determine the real objective of the attack, which is typically a diversion for a backdoor and a more dangerous targeted attack. "More often than not, you discover that what looked like the target really wasn't the end target," Joffe says.

PS: Your arguement to me was like the same as this: A drug baron have got people who ship over all the drugs and they only control their actions, but by capturing his shipers you can find out who they're connected to if you put effort in it and catch the drug baron.
    Last edited by AbelOh; 01-11-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    i voted yes but i would like a caped ammount for turkish players, dunno how or if this is possible, but i have played servers ie Frienzko, started us community ended mainly turk. So maybe a limit of 300 or what ever % accounts allowed to be created from a turkish source, this is just a idea... no need to spit roast me:P
    good idea, but they will ask their friends to make them an account, problem solved

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I've had some great Turks in my clan but bar them my experince of dealing with the turkish comunity is normally a unpleasant and one filled with threats and abuse.

I have vote no , the decision that was made in 2006 has prevent the attacks and slowly over the years the respectable turkish players have managed to log on via proxies which allowes us the saftey and the Turks the door into the comunity.

This whole idea deeply concerns me and there are plenty of people that want a server that will stop the majoritie of Turkish playerd.

There are also other issues which we do not really want to have to address by making the change. Ultimatley Devile is responsable for this server and I am for the KO server and I am not prepaired to risk the time and money that has been put im the new server.

Posted by MeeP
    X-Skip, Soacs, and what ever Sexy uses, they are not hard to bypass. You need to understand why your doing it the way you are doing it, 1-2 months will give you an overview of the db and how the server files work, not make you a gaming server expert.
    Yes u r right.But there aren't many people who know how to bypass these Security systems.They'll bring the amount of cheaters to minimum as there isn't any guide on how to bypass these...

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

i voted no. even though usko is not bad cuz OF THE TUrKISH people.

its bad cuz k2 wont do shit against cheaters. kosping archer run around in front of gms while gms are like "k2 loves you" " we are working on this problem" they really never did anything the gms where online max like 45 minutes per day.

i think ko4life staff have better things to do with their life than to be sitting on for 8 hours watching out for people that cheat.

they have lives as well and i believe that lifting the turkish ip ban would make this server seem like a job more than fun side project
    Last edited by gimmecookiesnao; 01-11-2010 at 06:12 PM.

turks ain't really my favorite players either since there are loads of cheaters.But trough the years i've played ko i also met some nice english speaking turks which i love to play with.Just like said before...Other language then english in nrml/shout = Mute 1time second time caught ban from server.

Quote Originally Posted by n3n4dw4r View Post
    Yes u r right.But there aren't many people who know how to bypass these Security systems.They'll bring the amount of cheaters to minimum as there isn't any guide on how to bypass these...
    Indeed.

"AbelOh" its nice to know you know how to google, im afraid im no match for your superior googling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    Hello, im from turkey and i understand your concerns. You're not the only guys complaining about the current illegal activities on USKO servers, we also are. That's why me and my friends left kronos.
    I really wish to play on ko4life server. But i see that we firstly shud convince you to lift the ban.
    Here is my analysis;
    im kinda sure around 90 percent of turks doesnt even aware of ko4life server. Ones who know it, are generally high lvled and dont want to leave their current characters and servers. So i dont think turks will ruin this server.
    I want you to ask yourselves why turks dont play WOW or silkroad or another MMOPRG instead of Knight Online. It's not that hard to answer. Cuz KO is a game has the most turk population. However we face a different situation in this server. Majority is non-turk players.
    It's entirely up to you, your(non-turkish guys) thoughts are more crucial than ours at this time.
    You at least can test it for a little while once the server started.
    thx..
    If I was turkish, I'd personally want to play a game where "turk" is not an insult and synonymous with many things people hate about the game, such as WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    U just need to do some research and get someone that knows Linux. That's all.
    Whyyyy Hello There!!!

I accidently voted the wrong one so yeh i vote for them to play

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    03-18-2023, 09:44 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    05-24-2022, 02:52 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Hits: 12
    01-13-2010, 05:08 PM