View Poll Results: Should we lift the Turkish IP Ban?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

109 45.99%
  • Yes

128 54.01%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible?

This is a discussion on About Turkish players and Turkish IP Ban. An organised meeting is possible? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I think its a GREAT idea to ban turkish ip but allow them thru proxy exc. and ofc, its not ...
Page: 7

knubbiz

I think its a GREAT idea to ban turkish ip but allow them thru proxy exc.
    and ofc, its not just turks that uses hacks. and there are so many turkish players so it only seems like there are only turks that cheats..
    But the majority of turks play fair, but there are a really High precentage of all turkish players, that cheats.. higher than others..

and why complain over the turkish ip ban when there is a way to let them play anyway thru proxy? well okey, its get more problematic and time demanding for them to start playin. But it keeps the Unserious players, that plays for like 2 weeks and during those weeks they are usin all kinda hacks and things, away from the server. Mean while those who are more serious turkish players will spend alittle more time to get proxy and start playing.

to get rid of the turkish ip ban just to get more players is also a bad thing.. Since its a higher chance to get hackers (not only coze they are turks, but coze with more players, more chance of having hackers.(That's obvious)
    + i think its more about the quality of the players than quantity, since there will be so many players on ko4life even without turks

Thats atleast what i think. so i think we should keep the turkish ip ban.
    Last edited by knubbiz; 01-12-2010 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knubbiz View Post
    I think its a GREAT idea to ban turkish ip but allow them thru proxy exc.
    and ofc, its not just turks that uses hacks. and there are so many turkish players so it only seems like there are only turks that cheats..
    But the majority of turks play fair, but there are a really High precentage of all turkish players, that cheats.. higher than others..

and why complain over the turkish ip ban when there is a way to let them play anyway thru proxy? well okey, its get more problematic and time demanding for them to start playin. But it keeps the Unserious players, that plays for like 2 weeks and during those weeks they are usin all kinda hacks and things, away from the server. Mean while those who are more serious turkish players will spend alittle more time to get proxy and start playing.

Thats atleast what i think. so i think we should keep the turkish ip ban.
    I'd rather say, they will spend more money than time...

I vote NO .

But its not couse DDoS attack , i am pretty sure that the first DDoS attacks you will get wont be from turk IP's but from other PS holders or even from K2 itself , since K2 cant do anything againts you they will try to bring you down , same goes for the other PS servers . Not to mention that one of the moust well knows site/forum whit KO hacks and exploits is all in english and its also lunching their PS soon ( i am not mentioning names couse i dont want to popilate things ) .
    About TBL that includes the R hack , if you dont encript your TBL files you will see many many people using TBL ( i am sorry but some "smart" people that know how and how much to low some things can stay undetected for quite some time ) . But thats not just it , encripting TBL's means that your client actualy have to have a way of reading them properly which leads to decoding it = hard . One particular PS is using encripted TBL's at the moment and that have lead to complete mess up since for example the Resistance does not work , not to mention that the encrypt algorithm is so week you can reverse it whit some simple programs ( even self made one ) .
    So my point is if someone actualy wanna hurt your server the nationality / race is not important .

I voted NO , becouse as mentioned above , in Turkey KO is addiction and we all know that , couse USKO allowed turkish part of forum , turkish moderating and basicly turkish language took over even in Letter system .... Turks play KO moustly couse if they play WOW they wont understand anything , nor quests nor weapons , events , rules couse a very very few of they speak english ( Europe part of Turkey , as some people know its the smaller part ) . Scamming will acure , the old "begging" in PM , shouting in Moradon in turkish , basicly all the old anoing things that ruin the few hours that "we" spend ingame relaxing from work or school or just a bad day . Turks will become the majority realy realy fast and the same USKO storry will happen again , you simply wont be eable to catch up whit them until you bann 90% of them and only the ones which the Non-turkish people defend - old scholls .... the ones that are allready here in this forum using Proxy .

Thats my comment about that .

P.S. Maybe some parts of my first part can make you think that i do or will try to do something bad , but thats not true , i am known in K2 ( costumer support and some GM's ) couse i did help in one particular situation whit some security problems and i was greatly awarded about it , even whit my not so bad knowledge i simply play the game and nothing else .

Sorry for my bad english , its not my native language.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

my experience: turkish players are in general a LOT more sensitive and extreme than any other player base. what do i mean by this? i mean that turkish players fly off the handle over the smallest of actions and/or comments, and when they do they go to the extremes of threats as their first choice.

the turkish community has threatened ko4life in the past, and to be quite honest i havent seen ANYTHING related to KO they havent threatened.

This server looks promising, and if i were an admin i wouldnt want to take the risk some random turk hack/ddos/fk it up Call me racist idc but i have seen it in the past and dont want it to happen again So sry but i voted no... (like it counts xD )
    Also have to agree with the following:
    U dont realize that if we lift the IP Ban and then we decide to put it back, it's gonna be hell for us? We are going to piss a LOT of ppl off. U really think is gonna be that easy?

If we decide to lift the IP ban, which im against, is not gonna be easy to ban Turkey again and mostlikely we WILL get DDoSed til hell freezes. That I'm 99% sure.

Absolutley not, no to this proposition. Any USKO player should look back in hiensight and forecast the wisdom of this decision. There is nothing meritorious about this, quality should not be sacrificed for quantity. No doubt news of this server will spread from word of mouth, ban or no ban, particularly because turkish players operate via internet cafe's. Lifting the ban will make this exponential, and then WHEN the ban is re-implemented, you will have a whole lot of fucked off turkish kids. Race has nothing to do with this, this is to do with [virtual] health.

Whut

Funny how every topic is being made about Turks, I dont like them one bit. I do have lots of turkish friends.
    But then u have peruvians.. they are like the same as turks. But I still got some of them as friends too

My best bet would be, get good ACTIVE GM's that mute every player afther 3 warnings. So we still got NP food in CZ
    Like on CrusadeKO there were GMs online 24/7, and yes I was one of them <3

lift the ip ban, ko isn't ko without turks.

I voted yes .

What if this would happens to you ? you are a legit player who want to play a game but because you live in the wrong place you cant...
    But the fact is that u really want to play and its not your fault but your country fault , what will you do ? move country for a game ? stay and live with it ? try to defend yourself to be able to play .
    How mad do u feel if some other players from other countries decide if you play or not just because they live in the right place

2 legit players , one from USA , one from Turkey , one can play , one cant , sounds unfair no ?

Life is already unfair , dont make games become too...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Priest4ever View Post
    I voted yes .

What if this would happens to you ? you are a legit player who want to play a game but because you live in the wrong place you cant...
    But the fact is that u really want to play and its not your fault but your country fault , what will you do ? move country for a game ? stay and live with it ? try to defend yourself to be able to play .
    How mad do u feel if some other players from other countries decide if you play or not just because they live in the right place

2 legit players , one from USA , one from Turkey , one can play , one cant , sounds unfair no ?

Life is already unfair , dont make games become too...
    i would use proxy / vpn

Hemp Gru

was that poll even aproved by admins or anyone from ko4life server team?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hemp Gru View Post
    was that poll even aproved by admins or anyone from ko4life server team?
    Devile added the poll himself.. but the votes mean nothing.

Banned

and he also voted no, and he is the one who decide.. and also, 4 mods voted no, and non voted yes..

Quote Originally Posted by Whut View Post
    Funny how every topic is being made about Turks, I dont like them one bit. I do have lots of turkish friends.
    But then u have peruvians.. they are like the same as turks. But I still got some of them as friends too

My best bet would be, get good ACTIVE GM's that mute every player afther 3 warnings. So we still got NP food in CZ
    Like on CrusadeKO there were GMs online 24/7, and yes I was one of them <3
    LOL isn't Devile peruvian?

Banned

looks like devile wont like it xD

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    03-18-2023, 09:44 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    05-24-2022, 02:52 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    01-13-2010, 05:25 PM