Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Anti cheat system questions

This is a discussion on Anti cheat system questions within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; This is getting really stupid and is just causing the server staff to take time away from the last bit ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,965

    Default Anti cheat system questions

    This is getting really stupid and is just causing the server staff to take time away from the last bit of preperations for the launch of ko4life ko.

    Devile has made it clear that any info about the system used would not be made public to prevent people trying to find solutions around features or work out if we are using an already known system.

    Unlike the other team memebers I am not involed with the server so I can spend time dealing with this subject with out the others havinf too.

    We will never tell you how it works , we will never answer direct questions about it. We will not let any dodgey scum ball hackers have a head start on trying to break it and cheat. There will also be a big team of GM's who will be on through out the day. There is no safe time for hackers and cheats to play as Devile recruited trusted and experinced GM's for all the time zones. Nothing can make up for active and intelligent GM's.

    For will people finally get the message and realise that there is nothing to disguss on the matter. You have heard this from almost every memember if staff now and I am the last admin to do so. So if I see any more threads of posts going on about this I will bring out my big bad bann stick and start being the arsehole you all know and hate on here.

    You have been warned.

    If that's not incentive enough for you , if people keep up with the dip shit uestions I am going to promote Cama to admin!

  2. #2
    xiahou_yuan
    Guest

    Default

    I am sorry to dissappoint you there Felix, but we never asked how the anti-cheat worked, all we wanted to know if the "false result" was fixed since about 10% of the people on the banlist got banned for nothing.
    I don't want to spend my time playing on a server to then see my friends get banned for nothing.

    I asked SuperGhost about it and he answered me.
    The anti-cheat autoban is disabled so they can double check if people cheated.
    this is all we wanted to know.

  3. #3
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UallHateMeSoDoUCare?
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I am going to promote Cama to admin!
    dont do that haha cama and admin ewwwww

  4. #4
    Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    I am sorry to dissappoint you there Felix, but we never asked how the anti-cheat worked, all we wanted to know if the "false result" was fixed since about 10% of the people on the banlist got banned for nothing.
    I don't want to spend my time playing on a server to then see my friends get banned for nothing.

    I asked SuperGhost about it and he answered me.
    The anti-cheat autoban is disabled so they can double check if people cheated.
    this is all we wanted to know.
    please acept my apologies on that aspect. If you want I am happy to spend time with you and your friends on a big msn convo and I can do a Q&A session for you all. I've got more time on my hands than the others and I can get the answers you nrrf. I prefer to talk on a 1 to 1 or 1 to 100 basis rather than going back and forth on the forum.

    If you want to set a date and time in GMT we can get things moving. Only thing is Mondays and Thursdays are off limets due to my university committments. Also this sunday I am doing a magazine shoot with my Alpina and a BMW 318is.

  5. #5
    Senior Member MeeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    Just remove the autoban feature and develop a method or a standard on what you base your decision on.
    Last edited by MeeP; 02-11-2010 at 02:27 PM.

  6. #6
    xiahou_yuan
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    please acept my apologies on that aspect. If you want I am happy to spend time with you and your friends on a big msn convo and I can do a Q&A session for you all. I've got more time on my hands than the others and I can get the answers you nrrf. I prefer to talk on a 1 to 1 or 1 to 100 basis rather than going back and forth on the forum.

    If you want to set a date and time in GMT we can get things moving. Only thing is Mondays and Thursdays are off limets due to my university committments. Also this sunday I am doing a magazine shoot with my Alpina and a BMW 318is.
    congrats on the photoshoot, it's a nice car too
    and I never have time on Mondays so I can't either.
    Atm all my friends are able to play the PK beta even though they got banned in lvling beta, as long as the anti-cheat works the way it is ( banning cheaters ) then I'm happy with it.
    Last time things got way out of hand when the anti-cheat banned some innocent players.
    anyway, no need for a msn convo, I have no further questions :P
    if you'd just like to chat then we can

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ISRAEL
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    I am sorry to dissappoint you there Felix, but we never asked how the anti-cheat worked, all we wanted to know if the "false result" was fixed since about 10% of the people on the banlist got banned for nothing.
    I don't want to spend my time playing on a server to then see my friends get banned for nothing.

    I asked SuperGhost about it and he answered me.
    The anti-cheat autoban is disabled so they can double check if people cheated.
    this is all we wanted to know.
    +1

    in the other topic i didn't try to flame.. just said what he just said in short...

    sorry for the miss understood

    btw here is a good sugestion for the anti cheat... as you said u wanna have 2 gms loged in every time (and i believe that) so u can remove the auto-ban and just make the anti-cheat dc the suspected player and than somehow the GM will get his name, and check him and see if he does use anykind of hacks...

  8. #8
    Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    congrats on the photoshoot, it's a nice car too
    and I never have time on Mondays so I can't either.
    Atm all my friends are able to play the PK beta even though they got banned in lvling beta, as long as the anti-cheat works the way it is ( banning cheaters ) then I'm happy with it.
    Last time things got way out of hand when the anti-cheat banned some innocent players.
    anyway, no need for a msn convo, I have no further questions :P
    if you'd just like to chat then we can

    I think we should all meet, maybe the ko4life vent? I can make a locked channel and I will get all the effectted people on and we can go over your concerns and trry and work a solution. I was then pass this onto the KO guys and try and get a good compremise. I'm still recovering from my time in hospital so you will need to be patient with me, Devile is making sure I don't get over whelmed like before. But ultimatley I think it will work well for you guys to have some direct contact with an Admin like myself can really help get input to the devlopers and GM's and enables you solid answers.

    Right I gotta go to Uni!

  9. #9
    Senior Member MeeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I think we should all meet, maybe the ko4life vent? I can make a locked channel and I will get all the effectted people on and we can go over your concerns and trry and work a solution. I was then pass this onto the KO guys and try and get a good compremise. I'm still recovering from my time in hospital so you will need to be patient with me, Devile is making sure I don't get over whelmed like before. But ultimatley I think it will work well for you guys to have some direct contact with an Admin like myself can really help get input to the devlopers and GM's and enables you solid answers.

    Right I gotta go to Uni!
    In my opinion KO4LIFE project needs someone like you, so stop the act and get busy with it again. Hopefully you will get it sorted with Devile.

  10. #10
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    In my opinion KO4LIFE project needs someone like you, so stop the act and get busy with it again. Hopefully you will get it sorted with Devile.
    Amen , i bet felix love his job :lol:

  11. #11
    Fafama
    Guest

    Default

    Good to know that there is someone who wants to talk with someone 1 on 1 so there will be no more missunderstandings. Most of the Admins here act like Idunnohowtosayit versus those who have been banned for nothing and they kept saying that it was 3rd party tool to everyone who complained in the forum.

    Woah Felix is good person :O

  12. #12
    Protoss Arbiter Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    As much as I respect some of the administrators, security through obscurity is really never a good solution.

  13. #13
    Devil's Advocate Senior Member Zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    If that's not incentive enough for you , if people keep up with the dip shit uestions I am going to promote Cama to admin!
    Fight fire with fire?
    Quote Originally Posted by lutz View Post
    As much as I respect some of the administrators, security through obscurity is really never a good solution.
    I guess security can be fortified through obscurity.

  14. #14
    Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    In my opinion KO4LIFE project needs someone like you, so stop the act and get busy with it again. Hopefully you will get it sorted with Devile.
    The server has the people it needs already and I am not one of them. Also I have spent most of December and January in hospital and Devile has said that my health comes first and I must take it very easy and slowly. As I get further down my recovery programe Dev's and I will start to slowly increase my work load if I feel I can do things properly.

    I am happy to get everyone together and I can help the KO staff deal with any problems directly with the users.

    I am here to keep to help the best I cam for you guys and gals.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Diez
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lutz View Post
    As much as I respect some of the administrators, security through obscurity is really never a good solution.
    where have you ventured off too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •