Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Archer as a playable class?

This is a discussion on Archer as a playable class? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by neTworK Sin can cure, heal, deal high dmg, cancel priest heals only what sin can't do it's ...
Page: 4

Quote Originally Posted by neTworK View Post
    Sin can cure, heal, deal high dmg, cancel priest heals only what sin can't do it's a styx, but archer can't do high dmg, can't cancel heals, can't stand himself so long as sin can with minor heal... Sin can solo, sin can drain.. get this point of view?
    OMG You are so right, I was also hoping that they would actually improve the dmg and all that stuff in the archers. I mean I always love to pew pew laser gun! 3-hit guys in CZ.

Sarcasm off, I am gonna play archer and Im totally cool with the game as it is. Why dont you see many archers you ask, because its a very hard class to master to the point of being efective. And most people, Including you and me, come to this game for its simplicity, if people would like a more complete and complicated game they would be playing wow. Anyways, archer will never be a 1v1 class, soloing with an archer its not really effective unless KSing the big group. An archer is a party pk. Thats it. Even more, its role its "parasite sniping" and "priest protection" along with a good usage of the styx.

It isnt fair to compare an archer to an assassin. Thats why they are called assassins, they are suppoused to do a lot of dmg in very few time, and an archer can hit from far away 300% which is around 500 dmg on other rogue? something like that.

And for last, archer is not a mellee class, its a range class. If you improve range or give more benefits regarding dmg to archers, mages should also be improved in their range dmg spells.

how dumb can ppl seriously be? i'm 100% sure u never even played archer or u suck at it and i'm sure u never played sin.. compare those 2 classes and u see alot difference, but since i dont think u never will.. i'll just post a list of differences:

Assasin:
    - can stealth and run next to a guy and inflict alot dmg really quick
    - can minor heal while using attacks
    - can tank more than archer

Archer:
    - cancels heals pretty well
    - can mp drain with styx
    - can shoot from far away and inflict overall good dmg

and a really important thing... can protect himself against all classes including sins while no1 can protect from archer beacuse arrow def doesnt work or then it doesnt make much difference to the damage.
    Last edited by Kallop; 01-22-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helseth View Post
    bullcr....
    in usko we rape 6-7 archer (every1 at least lvl 80+) & 1-2 priest parties like nothing with 3 assassins only
    1. Noone is talking about 6-7 ppl archer party. We are talking like 1, or 2 archer in a party, who aims priest.

2. It is usko and 83 limited server. This is 70 limited server.

3. Archers in usko are usually the ones who koxped to 80+. I doubt a real archer would play in usko. I doubt they even know what is Styx. I really doubt they even know how to use pots without koxp-potion mode on.

4. In ko4life server, everyone will equip DD shields/helmets/talias, and our spike will be lower than 200. DD does not exist in newest usko servers.

Got the point?

Ps. Sorry I cannot edit my posts. Please delete the older one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Yet again, another forum user without KO knowledge.

Archers are the best class when it comes to heal cancelling.
    By canceling heals I meant cancel cast of heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    - can slow down the enemy at 63 lvl
    - can stun the enemy at 65 lvl
    These skills doesn't exist in KO/KE.

Quote Originally Posted by neTworK View Post
    By canceling heals I meant cancel cast of heal.
    That's what I meant either.

how dumb can ppl seriously be? i'm 100% sure u never even played archer or u suck at it and i'm sure u never played sin.. compare those 2 classes and u see alot difference, but since i dont think u never will.. i'll just post a list of differences:

Assasin:
    - can stealth and run next to a guy and inflict alot dmg really quick
    - can minor heal while using attacks
    - can tank more than archer

Archer:
    - can mp drain with styx

and a really important thing... can protect himself against all classes including sins while no1 can protect from archer beacuse arrow def doesnt work or then it doesnt make much difference to the damage.
    Sir. Last time I was killed by archer it was when I got scroll removed by a hack and got spammed 80lvl skill on me.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    OMG You are so right, I was also hoping that they would actually improve the dmg and all that stuff in the archers. I mean I always love to pew pew laser gun! 3-hit guys in CZ.

Sarcasm off, I am gonna play archer and Im totally cool with the game as it is. Why dont you see many archers you ask, because its a very hard class to master to the point of being efective. And most people, Including you and me, come to this game for its simplicity, if people would like a more complete and complicated game they would be playing wow. Anyways, archer will never be a 1v1 class, soloing with an archer its not really effective unless KSing the big group. An archer is a party pk. Thats it. Even more, its role its "parasite sniping" and "priest protection" along with a good usage of the styx.

It isnt fair to compare an archer to an assassin. Thats why they are called assassins, they are suppoused to do a lot of dmg in very few time, and an archer can hit from far away 300% which is around 500 dmg on other rogue? something like that.

And for last, archer is not a mellee class, its a range class. If you improve range or give more benefits regarding dmg to archers, mages should also be improved in their range dmg spells.
    Since when sin supposed to tank warriors?

Mages can AOE while archers can't

And the worst thing that 500dmg is out healable with a simple hp potting. Because archer have to wait full skill animation done, and that animation is really slow.

Validating

1. Noone is talking about 6-7 ppl archer party. We are talking like 1, or 2 archer in a party, who aims priest.
    thought it was about 8vs8 sins and archers, ah

Archer with AS casts way better than sin lol
    + add styx and priest is pretty much dead
    and if ONE sin 70- can kill a priest solo, then the priest is completely noob

Kallop, Ice/Light Arrow (or w/e they are called) are both ROFD skills :P

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    Archer with AS casts way better than sin lol
    + add styx and priest is pretty much dead
    and if ONE sin 70- can kill a priest solo, then the priest is completely noob

Kallop, Ice/Light Arrow (or w/e they are called) are both ROFD skills :P
    Copycat.

kk thats my bad then :P thanks cizia

Looks like its gonna stay as it is... 50sins:1Archer

I'm pretty sure, no one who spammed this topic "how cool archers are" going to play archer. And ruining everything for the others who might go archer if it was a bit balanced to the other classes.

Copycat.
    sorry didn't care to read all of this spam

Rayen

Archer:
    - can mp drain with styx

would be awesome if all of above were true for current patch

since we dont have good overall dmg ( no combo) and we dont have either ice shot or lightning shot

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast