Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Archer as a playable class?

This is a discussion on Archer as a playable class? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; In the first months of USKO the 2 players i had the most respect for were both archers with the ...
Page: 5

In the first months of USKO the 2 players i had the most respect for were both archers with the same skills/limitations as we have on this server. Their names were Gambit and Trizzen... Both of them had permanent PK symbols, both of them were awesome players (and thats prolly why they could handle playing archer), both of them did both solo and party PK.
    I will admit that a solo archer mostly has to KS his kills but my god are they KS machines if played by someone good.
    Also... a really good archer is 10 times more welcome in my party than a good sin.. Archers can actually take a priest completely out of the fight and they can keep low HP enemies from towning and getting away.
    Adding a stronger bow might get more people to play archer but only the best of the best will ever be scary as archers. Trizzen and Gambit had IronX +7 and strongest merchant bow +8 when they did their ownage. So i dont see why archers cant do it now...
    Im thinking its just a lack of skill/brains with new KO players :P

fixed ice arrow thing.. and u do have overall good dmg u just refuse to believe so so u think ure right.. and bro i'm not sure will i go archer or sin beacuse sin is by far my best class but yes i love playing as archer too even tho i'm not that good at it..

Hey cutie Senior Member

archers cant drain, which is also one of the BIGGEST reasons people dont go range.
    you cant solo boss like the bowl ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarotan View Post
    In the first months of USKO the 2 players i had the most respect for were both archers with the same skills/limitations as we have on this server. Their names were Gambit and Trizzen... Both of them had permanent PK symbols, both of them were awesome players (and thats prolly why they could handle playing archer), both of them did both solo and party PK.
    I will admit that a solo archer mostly has to KS his kills but my god are they KS machines if played by someone good.
    Also... a really good archer is 10 times more welcome in my party than a good sin.. Archers can actually take a priest completely out of the fight and they can keep low HP enemies from towning and getting away.
    Adding a stronger bow might get more people to play archer but only the best of the best will ever be scary as archers. Trizzen and Gambit had IronX +7 and strongest merchant bow +8 when they did their ownage. So i dont see why archers cant do it now...
    Im thinking its just a lack of skill/brains with new KO players :P
    First of all there wasn't pk symbols in the first months of usko.
    Gambit was a gm buddy, yeah there was a coruption even then.
    Players didn't knew how to play, we had full cz of newbies running with a fp +1, rogues with a str build.. Who knew how to play had fun then. Things aren't happen like it was before. This server will be rolled in 1 month like ares was after half year..

Ezy

archer vs sin discussion is really old...
    Let's see, both can minor heal, keep eyes up, magic shield, cure curse and light feet around;
    On PVE, assassins can drain 10% and 5% for bosses while archers got better overall damage on them (arrow shower is way better than all of the assassins skills for PVE, but not as strong as HS or SD from a warrior).
    On PVP yes, they have different roles, an assassin should be running in front trying to get either the mage or priests from the other parties while an archer should stay back and beat whoever gets close to their support classes (plus aid on killing those int priests by styxing them). Now, an assassin can do exactly the same (maybe not as good, but he can). Can he cure? yeah. Can he minor heal? yeah. But can he Styx? of course he can. You all are saying one of archers strongest points is that he can styx, but honestly, styxing in time might need some good timing, but being able to styx doesn't require you anything, just get a bow+0 and some styx from sundries an any assassin can styx too (considering you have to drop 1 dagger with right click on it, then right click on bow and change skill bars to shoot your styx... yeah it sounds slow but many people can put on shields as assassins or a lot of weapon defense armor as mage, so assassins can put on bows+0 too). Can he illusion? yeah, even if it's considered unfair on 1v1, illusion on party vs party works good when those melee are running towards your priest (also, illusion works as a "debuff" so enemy priests will think their melee are debuffed with something serious and waste a cure on them). Can they beat anyone who gets close to their priests/mages? Sure.

What archers have as an advantage over ALL the other classes is that they are the only "physical damage" range class. You see, mages benefit from parasite for killing, while archers can enjoy both parasite and malice. Just get 1 or 2 archers and any priest with malice, get them to z-target the same enemy and he'll die fast. Now, I'm not 100% sure about this, but if I remember correctly, arrow defense didn't work correctly back then so they don't have to deal with "25 dd helmets" and etc.
    Then maybe that's why they don't play them, not many consider them "worthy" to play: mages got aoe and tp, priests got heals and debuffs (they can drain mana too, let me tell you), warriors got insane ac and hp (and good overall damage), assassins might have lower overall damage than archers have, but their first 3 hits are indeed stronger, which most prefer on PVP: you know, just malice one guy and get your assassin to combo him really fast; if an archer tries to take advantage of the malice, while the 2nd arrow flies towards him (considering no other enemy or monster goes in between both) he'll be either cured or healed... all the buffs archers received in ROFD and other expansions explain that archers are indeed underpowered (compared to other classes). Yes, they have many roles to choose from, but they are outclassed by the others on each (there are better damage dealers, better range hitters, better supporters, etc)... so who knows... maybe some attack boost can balance the assassin-archer ratio

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

the things is that archers are a long range character they may not deal the biggest damage but if they hit a duffed target it will fucking hurt.

every character has its balance but archer is one of those characters that requires good skill and timing to make it efficient.

who cares about stix right now, les talk about damage on a character.

sins arent the deadliest character for mages nor is it the warrior class. these classes all have defense armor that can reduce their damage to laughable rates. their is no WORKING defense armor for archers so if a archer is spamming ur for 350 then u better hope u dont get maliced cuz that same archer will prolly spam 800. archer imo are best suited for party p[kser where they can have communication with a duffer.

i would rather run in a party of archers than in a party of sins (thats cuz im going to be an ice mage) my job would be to slow them and wathc as they just they die.

archer as a solo character isnt a good idea.. yes im sure one can ks. but i say an archer will prolly lose 70% of its vs not ccause it sucks but because it wasnt meant to be a close ranger

I am only wondering if AS got a cooldown over there?

it doesnt cuz otherwise archers would kill no1

LegendarYz

Archer is made to attack from distance... from distance i mean outside hb/ob hitting people inside hb/ob with 4/5 archers. u can easily make tons of Np's like that. An archer isnt made for soloing, ( except the really uber good babashopped ones ofcourse ). An archer is very good for xp/killing boss etc.. and curing/healing. Overall an archer is a good class if u know how to play with it and got many archers next to you^^.

"Ranger" who can't shoot twice before his target stands next to him. Archer skill animations is really slow and you can't cancel it. Only me thinks that AS is way more than easy to dodge? Why archer have to be forced go into full dex build and be a easy target to others while same rogue sin tanking warriors?

Finduilas

You can go Full hp too, and just shoot styxes to annoy ppl. xD Play full support. Arrows are irritating since they cancel a lot of castings anyways. Be like a mage xD go support.

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
    You can go Full hp too, and just shoot styxes to annoy ppl. xD Play full support. Arrows are irritating since they cancel a lot of castings anyways. Be like a mage xD go support.
    But it's boring lol...

neT just live with it.. i think ure the only1 from all the guys around here complaining about archers.. its good class as it is atm

What do you concider the first months of a server? Im not talking about after 3-6 weeks here... The first months on a server for me is minimum 6 months.. And there was PK symbols after like 2 months or so if i dont remember wrong as i had a permanent M myself.. And dont tell me Gambit had to get hooked up with a "GM friend" to get a ironx +7... that just makes you sound dumb sir.
    There was corruption and i was on VT with 2 GM's that was selling items but the best players stil rocked without those items they had.

Rayen

archers cant kill for shit solo unless ur oponent is worse geared or unbuffed

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast