Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Archer as a playable class?

This is a discussion on Archer as a playable class? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I always duod with an archer as sin, was the perfectmatch, he focused on tanking them im focused in killing ...
Page: 6

I always duod with an archer as sin, was the perfectmatch, he focused on tanking them im focused in killing them, if they tanked arrowshower they died like flies, and the lvl 70 skill does great dmg since this server wont be +2 uniques im pretty sure archer will be usefull if played with the right ppl and the right tactics.

Also styx is so so so helpfull to kill assasins / priests might actualy be one of the most usefull skills against dualminoring assasins, and what ive seen its alot of them...

Quote Originally Posted by GotToHaveKayaNow View Post
    I always duod with an archer as sin, was the perfectmatch, he focused on tanking them im focused in killing them, if they tanked arrowshower they died like flies, and the lvl 70 skill does great dmg since this server wont be +2 uniques im pretty sure archer will be usefull if played with the right ppl and the right tactics.

Also styx is so so so helpfull to kill assasins / priests might actualy be one of the most usefull skills against dualminoring assasins, and what ive seen its alot of them...
    Styx weights too much. Should be lowered to around 15.

On Akara server my brother Zealous went archer for about 2 months. I played duffer and we would co ordinate from a distance.

Archer is fantastic for BIG MOBS of players, the archer can stand at the back and spam people and KS kills alongside support whilst getting hit minimally, whilst others are in there tanking and dieing... or when the push comes the mages get pawned.

Then in close range combat with minimal players, the archer is less seffectiev... and it gets less and less effective as the amount of players decreases. All player have there element, and ksing in a big group is where archer excels. A very safe class at the best of times... but it doesn't have the novelty or status that an assasin or other classes ha.ve. And if you understand anything about psychology you will understand people are playing this game mostly for novelty and status.

At the end of the day... the archer is underpowered, naturally

WARNING --wall of text below--

Guys, i've been looking at this private server, and it's really interesting, lots of babas from another time lol...

This topic interests me because i've been an archer since the first day i started playing. I think Beramus was new, or Xigenon, w/e. The point is, I started reading from the top, and then someone started posting movies to back up points, and i stopped reading, and I have to put my two cents before I explode lol.

Archers in original KO are FUCKED. You guys might not seem to remember playing one then... I'm all for the party-pk, but archer's arent really meant to be all the way down in the food chain ladder either. They laughed at archers, hell, i remember movies with warriors tanking arrow shower like it was a joke.

Firstly, Shadow Hunter is only 300%. Now, with KO items, that means no + jewels, and an Iron Bow +8, that means about ~1900 ap with +7 shells, and lvl 69, maybe even 2k. That's a joke. You're hitting the average sins for about 5xx, and warriors for around 4xx. For an archer to hit, after the animation is done, you also have to wait for the arrow to travel, and the result is, if you're not hitting 650+ consistently, everyone will outpot you unless you got kosp.

There is no archer combo. Arrow shower is just as slow as everything else. Every class can WSR combo by now. Oh, and try messing with MH while you're trying to tank lol...

The item setup an archer needs to be mediocre makes excellent, well-rounded assasins. A good hitting archer usually has Rols +, silver earings + or 16dex, PP +2 and elf belt +2, and full +8 armors. Now, the sad reality is that most of you will be in chitins, cause farming shells then usually needed a warrior... The movies are fun, but the sad reality is that everyday pk for the normal, non-movie star archer is very frustrating... which makes it the class least played... unless you're in tormentors, with full shell +8 and 3 party healers, and GlarFist heading the party.

The "was made for..." argument is ok, but it makes me sigh. Battle Priests werent intended, yet in KO, BPs are THE class for 1vs1, hands down. So, why should a class that was made for tanking end up near, or in fact, on top of the food chain, while a class that perhaps was made to be in the middle, is all the way down? We could argument from this that the sword cap for -60 priests should remain in place even after 60 (KO has no Iron Impacts, only totamic clubs, and those only drop from boss or Abyss gem, GOOD LUCK Battle Priests lol). I dont think many of you would like that, so why cant we argue to nerf up a bit the archers?

The archer inherits all the weaknesses of the rogue, but then your ap is crippled. give me a siege bow!!!
    Last edited by Goathorns; 01-23-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Hey cutie Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post

And if you understand anything about psychology you will understand people are playing this game mostly for novelty and status.
    this quote pretty much sums up the foremost reason why people dont play archer.

even though i dont agree with it, its sadly truee. Its the same reason why so many mages go attack instead of support or why priests chose to attack rather than heal, or why rogues chose to attack rather than support.

Quote Originally Posted by Goathorns View Post
    WARNING --wall of text below--

Guys, i've been looking at this private server, and it's really interesting, lots of babas from another time lol...

This topic interests me because i've been an archer since the first day i started playing. I think Beramus was new, or Xigenon, w/e. The point is, I started reading from the top, and then someone started posting movies to back up points, and i stopped reading, and I have to put my two cents before I explode lol.

Archers in original KO are FUCKED. You guys might not seem to remember playing one then... I'm all for the party-pk, but archer's arent really meant to be all the way down in the food chain ladder either. They laughed at archers, hell, i remember movies with warriors tanking arrow shower like it was a joke.

Firstly, Shadow Hunter is only 300%. Now, with KO items, that means no + jewels, and an Iron Bow +8, that means about ~1900 ap with +7 shells, and lvl 69, maybe even 2k. That's a joke. You're hitting the average sins for about 5xx, and warriors for around 4xx. For an archer to hit, after the animation is done, you also have to wait for the arrow to travel, and the result is, if you're not hitting 650+ consistently, everyone will outpot you unless you got kosp.

There is no archer combo. Arrow shower is just as slow as everything else. Every class can WSR combo by now. Oh, and try messing with MH while you're trying to tank lol...

The item setup an archer needs to be mediocre makes excellent, well-rounded assasins. A good hitting archer usually has Rols +, silver earings + or 16dex, PP +2 and elf belt +2, and full +8 armors. Now, the sad reality is that most of you will be in chitins, cause farming shells then usually needed a warrior... The movies are fun, but the sad reality is that everyday pk for the normal, non-movie star archer is very frustrating... which makes it the class least played... unless you're in tormentors, with full shell +8 and 3 party healers, and GlarFist heading the party.

The "was made for..." argument is ok, but it makes me sigh. Battle Priests werent intended, yet in KO, BPs are THE class for 1vs1, hands down. So, why should a class that was made for tanking end up near, or in fact, on top of the food chain, while a class that perhaps was made to be in the middle, is all the way down? We could argument from this that the sword cap for -60 priests should remain in place even after 60 (KO has no Iron Impacts, only totamic clubs, and those only drop from boss or Abyss gem, GOOD LUCK Battle Priests lol). I dont think many of you would like that, so why cant we argue to nerf up a bit the archers?

The archer inherits all the weaknesses of the rogue, but then your ap is crippled. give me a siege bow!!!
    2k ap with a Rogue was Godly back to the version we going to play.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

so heres a history lesson.....i was a tank mage that used wep def in my whole time in KO on every server private or official its what i did...i could always tank full parties of people by swapping around my wep def and as such id always get spammed by debuffs etc and was always the first target, even before priests. warriors couldnt do over 200dmg to me, rogues couldnt do over 300 damage spikes, bp's couldnt do over 200dmg, etc.

know what class actually COULD kill me? archers.

torment/malice+2 archers=i was dead unless we killed the archers ASAP

the people who say archers are "weak" are the people who dont know how to play the game as a team game and think its all about 1v1. archers are actually one of the strongest classes in the game in the respect that u cant loewr their damage(arrow wep def has always been bugged compared to other wep defs), they can drain mana faster than people can pot it up, and the most important: THEY CAN 100% GUARANTEED CANCEL SKILLS LIKE HEALS.

archers were never meant to be a damage dealing class, theyre a support class just like mages and int priests. they have their job and theyre expected to do it. the problem with the KO community is they like to IGNORE the role of support classes, and play them as damage classes. everyone has a severe e-penis problem in KO and cant stand not seeing their name show up as a killer in cz.

heres a brief recap of roles of the classes...and if ur not playing them this way, then ur playing the game wrong:
    priest: SUPPORT
    mage: SUPPORT
    archer: SUPPORT
    warrior: MAIN DAMAGE
    sin: FINISHING DAMAGE/SUPPORT, AKA: THE CHASER, AKA THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FINISH OFF PEOPLE WHO TRY TO RUN AWAY FROM THE TEAM FIGHT WITH LOW HP
    Last edited by camaz0tz; 01-23-2010 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    so heres a history lesson.....i was a tank mage that used wep def in my whole time in KO on every server private or official its what i did...i could always tank full parties of people by swapping around my wep def and as such id always get spammed by debuffs etc and was always the first target, even before priests. warriors couldnt do over 200dmg to me, rogues couldnt do over 300 damage spikes, bp's couldnt do over 200dmg, etc.

the people who say archers are "weak" are the people who dont know how to play the game as a team game and think its all about 1v1. archers are actually one of the strongest classes in the game in the respect that u cant loewr their damage(arrow wep def has always been bugged compared to other wep defs), they can drain mana faster than people can pot it up, and the most important: THEY CAN 100% GUARANTEED CANCEL SKILLS LIKE HEALS.
    Sins back then played like warriors aka wait for spike to reload and not use other skills. Minor heal combo, wahts taht?

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    Styx weights too much. Should be lowered to around 15.
    Thats why u build urself a strenght set to carry more styx and pots.

LegendarYz

camatoz is right, back in these days ppl didnt know what their class ment... and comeon .. KO exists for like 5/6/ years now.. this topic is dumb in my eyes... You should know what an archer is made for... its easy.
    support.

close topic imo

Quote Originally Posted by GotToHaveKayaNow View Post
    Thats why u build urself a strenght set to carry more styx and pots.
    Styxes are supposed to be weight of 15... Just like u made Cure Pots with weight of 100 and told sin to get a str set...

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post

archers were never meant to be a damage dealing class, theyre a support class just like mages and int priests. they have their job and theyre expected to do it. the problem with the KO community is they like to IGNORE the role of support classes, and play them as damage classes. everyone has a severe e-penis problem in KO and cant stand not seeing their name show up as a killer in cz.

heres a brief recap of roles of the classes...and if ur not playing them this way, then ur playing the game wrong:
    priest: SUPPORT
    mage: SUPPORT
    archer: SUPPORT
    warrior: MAIN DAMAGE
    sin: FINISHING DAMAGE/SUPPORT, AKA: THE CHASER, AKA THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FINISH OFF PEOPLE WHO TRY TO RUN AWAY FROM THE TEAM FIGHT WITH LOW HP
    Archers really meant to be a damage dealing class. I'm not saying that they can't deal a decent damage. Yes they can, but how fast? If there wasn't explored a bug called "Combo" then yea archers are equal other damage dealing classes. There was a bows called battle,siege,long,totamic which makes a point that archers meant to be a damage dealing class. But those bows was really overpowered against other classes before combo bug was invented by other damage dealing classes sin/war/bp.
    There is not that much players like you desperate to use every kind of wep. def.

We also can see that mgame had a try to help Archer class by increasing inflicts, giving slowing/stunning, shooting while running skills.

The main reason why archers suck as a class its not about a damage they deal its about speed how fast they can do it. (Really Slow)

You can't shoot sin twice before he stands next to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendarYz View Post
    camatoz is right, back in these days ppl didnt know what their class ment... and comeon .. KO exists for like 5/6/ years now.. this topic is dumb in my eyes... You should know what an archer is made for... its easy.
    support.

close topic imo
    Did you even know that this bow:
    King of Knight - ????????
    Had to be equal with a shard by a game creators.

Back to the days this bow was really overpowered. But face a true, Archer is the only class which stayed as it was from a start of game.

Sin,War,BP: Invented Combo
    Sin: Invented minor heal while attacking.

Mages not improved that much, but mage ignores your AC/Wep.Def.
    Resists aren't working that good.

Make and archer party (1 duffer, 1 healer, 1 mage, 5 archers). Thats what it's all about.

yeh try it, but go human

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast