Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Archer as a playable class?

This is a discussion on Archer as a playable class? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; archer skills are bugged so far......
Page: 7

archer skills are bugged so far...

Noxn

I read most of the replies here, and I do understand why people are frustrating
    . Well, archers might be underpowered compared to other classes on solo
    basis . But in a pk party archers can be very usefull . As many already
    commented styx, overall dmg and far away shots . The point of being
    archer is not to go tank people, but to stay behind and pick the targets
    out from what sins are taking . They can shoot a running mage and help
    out sins to finish off, they can spam 500% dmg on a healing priest . Well,
    archer might not be the best character, but if you play it right, u will never
    die and u will still get kills . believe me, i've been playing for years and will
    also roll archer here on ko4life .
    And well, if you like to solo and to do fast dmg, then dont go archer, you will just get frustrated .
    as an archer you have to be patient, and do lots of /town's . thats just how u have to play an archer

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    heres a brief recap of roles of the classes...and if ur not playing them this way, then ur playing the game wrong:
    priest: SUPPORT
    mage: SUPPORT
    archer: SUPPORT
    warrior: MAIN DAMAGE
    sin: FINISHING DAMAGE/SUPPORT, AKA: THE CHASER, AKA THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FINISH OFF PEOPLE WHO TRY TO RUN AWAY FROM THE TEAM FIGHT WITH LOW HP
    I disagree slightly, but at the same time I can empathize. When I play classes like priest (BP or INT BP) or paper mage I find myself in difficulty balancing between support and attack. Often, to attack you really do I have to sacrifice doing somse support. Which makes these paper classes all the more difficult to play. Technichally yes, these classes aren't meant to be, but thats a huge TECHNICALITY. Game mechanics allow it, and to be honest, in their right niches papers can be great.

Paper mage is great for group (mage party) and BP is great for soloing enthsmall mobs of people. But outside this niche there weaknesses are evident. The technically correct classes will come in hadny more often, because the scope of their ability is limited, more focused.

Paper mages where very much a part of old skool KO, and to a lesser extent BP's. I for one would never go INT fire.

tH3UnBeAtAbLe

People complaining about no archer combo? HELLO, it's KE style, there was no such a thing as archer combo.

Damage wise, today there were a few archers up on top of the ob heal spamming shots and I kept getting spammed for like 400-500s, and you are telling me they don't own?

This is a simple fact, most of you that are playing archer now, don't know how to play it... or at least the KE style. That's why back in the day most that have tried have simply changed back to Sin within a few days. Coming to my point, I remember back in KE there was 1 specific archer on my server, with his level 70 shot he 1 hit most of the people on the server as it did almost 2k damage,... and you are telling me they suck . As I said, this is KE and there is no archer combo... we don't want this server to look like a KOXP fest with the archers running and hitting. So stop complaining and become a sin, or are you afraid to get your hands dirty and want to stay back and KS NP?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tH3UnBeAtAbLe View Post
    People complaining about no archer combo? HELLO, it's KE style, there was no such a thing as archer combo.

Damage wise, today there were a few archers up on top of the ob heal spamming shots and I kept getting spammed for like 400-500s, and you are telling me they don't own?

This is a simple fact, most of you that are playing archer now, don't know how to play it... or at least the KE style. That's why back in the day most that have tried have simply changed back to Sin within a few days. Coming to my point, I remember back in KE there was 1 specific archer on my server, with his level 70 shot he 1 hit most of the people on the server as it did almost 2k damage,... and you are telling me they suck . As I said, this is KE and there is no archer combo... we don't want this server to look like a KOXP fest with the archers running and hitting. So stop complaining and become a sin, or are you afraid to get your hands dirty and want to stay back and KS NP?
    i gotta agree here hehe
    i never played KnightOnline with 70+ (83)cap.. so i'm used to playing with -70 skills and stats. If i gonna play server with 83cap and use 70+ skills, then i will suckkkK so bad!
    There is a huge difference in current ko and old ko.. i never liked ROFD+!

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    OMG You are so right, I was also hoping that they would actually improve the dmg and all that stuff in the archers. I mean I always love to pew pew laser gun! 3-hit guys in CZ.

Sarcasm off, I am gonna play archer and Im totally cool with the game as it is. Why dont you see many archers you ask, because its a very hard class to master to the point of being efective. And most people, Including you and me, come to this game for its simplicity, if people would like a more complete and complicated game they would be playing wow. Anyways, archer will never be a 1v1 class, soloing with an archer its not really effective unless KSing the big group. An archer is a party pk. Thats it. Even more, its role its "parasite sniping" and "priest protection" along with a good usage of the styx.

It isnt fair to compare an archer to an assassin. Thats why they are called assassins, they are suppoused to do a lot of dmg in very few time, and an archer can hit from far away 300% which is around 500 dmg on other rogue? something like that.

And for last, archer is not a mellee class, its a range class. If you improve range or give more benefits regarding dmg to archers, mages should also be improved in their range dmg spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by neTworK View Post
    Since when sin supposed to tank warriors?

Mages can AOE while archers can't

And the worst thing that 500dmg is out healable with a simple hp potting. Because archer have to wait full skill animation done, and that animation is really slow.
    Im sorry, but where the fuck did i say sins are suppoused to tank warriors?

You dont even take the time to read ppls response, your take a quick look and try to make a response thats only focused on getting your point validated, even if ppl already explain you wrong.

In the end if you think archer its not a viable class in a KE server, then just dont play archer, and even better, just dont bother playing at all.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567