Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

DC every 30mins

This is a discussion on DC every 30mins within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; i dont have any problems with DC's.. the only time i had a weird DC is when i got tp'd, ...
Page: 5

Cool

i dont have any problems with DC's..
    the only time i had a weird DC is when i got tp'd, but that only happened once!

because you probably dont have 2-3 sec delay!

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    It's not the server, I can tell you guys that much. I live in Texas and I can play the game perfectly fine. Something on your end is screwing it up. And I don't think light-feet is necessarily to blame either. I can Q around the whole map and maybe get DC'd once, per day, maybe.
    Just a little geography Aus/NZ is Twice the distance from Germany as Texas
    is... u maybe right it might not be ther server but the logic ur useing is false

Twice the distance??? Dont think so. And even if it was, distance doesn't always mean u will have higher latency on the internet. I can easily have 700+ ms latency to a server located in my same country, few hours away because it has a satellite connection, while and have less than 100ms latency to a server located in New York.

Again, instead of wasting time posting here, start looking for a proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by perfection V2 View Post
    Just a little geography Aus/NZ is Twice the distance from Germany as Texas
    is... u maybe right it might not be ther server but the logic ur useing is false
    I wasn't saying that "Well, because I can access it, everyone can", I was giving an example, of sorts. I can play the server without ANY lag at all, living in Texas. Thus, I doubt the lag from even twice the distance would be enough to DC you when using a skill.

I usually get disconnected when I spam light feet. However, if I spam lightfeet for 5 minutes, then give a break for 30 seconds, and use it for 5 minutes again, I don't get dc. If I get tp'ed by magicians alot, I get more dc. (Instant disconnects.)

Maybe you can double the light feet duration. RisingKO made it like 5 minutes (Which is alot, double of current may be fine.) and I have never seen a single disconnect even tho I just kept running around the cz by pressing E and Alt+Tab all day long. In every other private server, I got this problem.

I don't think it is a lag related issue. I have this problem for a very long time, even had the same problem when I hosted a KO server in my personal computer, which means 0 ping.

Check your server logs for "SPEEDHACK KICKOUT". Whenever I got disconnected for this bug, logs saved me as speedhacker. Try changing the Light Feet duration. I believe it will solve this problem, but for sure, some people may not like it.

Joker

yeah realy why dc :/

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    I usually get disconnected when I spam light feet. However, if I spam lightfeet for 5 minutes, then give a break for 30 seconds, and use it for 5 minutes again, I don't get dc. If I get tp'ed by magicians alot, I get more dc. (Instant disconnects.)

Maybe you can double the light feet duration. RisingKO made it like 5 minutes (Which is alot, double of current may be fine.) and I have never seen a single disconnect even tho I just kept running around the cz by pressing E and Alt+Tab all day long. In every other private server, I got this problem.

I don't think it is a lag related issue. I have this problem for a very long time, even had the same problem when I hosted a KO server in my personal computer, which means 0 ping.

Check your server logs for "SPEEDHACK KICKOUT". Whenever I got disconnected for this bug, logs saved me as speedhacker. Try changing the Light Feet duration. I believe it will solve this problem, but for sure, some people may not like it.
    Devile can you have a look at the speedhack autokick thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    Devile can you have a look at the speedhack autokick thanks
    He cant do anything about it even if he wanted to.

ok thats the answer i been looking for, thanks

ok bought a german vpn, it lowered my jumps to the server from 13-7 but gave me more lag and i still dc'd, hoping theres going to be a fix for this oO im dcing pretty well whenever i get tp'd

going to try buying a UK vpn and check if thats any better

Banned

hmmm i read what silent say, but i don't lag at all, not even 0.1 sec, but i still DC... i think that it has something to do with the amount of people playing, coz when there are like 1 human party and 1 orc, its all fine, but when more peole come, i start getting dc every 10 mins or so

was just doing party vs party pk and i dcd whenever i got tp'd when i was dying, dc'd every 15 minutes pretty much, although i am getting like maybe 0.5 second lag on the server yet when i was playing the exp beta i lvld to lvl 55 and pk'd without one DC, so i got really no idea why this happens

Bought a UK VPN and i havnt encountred any lag or a dc after 1hour of pk
    Last edited by silentdj; 01-29-2010 at 03:19 AM.

CardinalSin

we re really lagging and DC'ing today,
    i hope its not about our Turkish IPs :/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345