Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • New (low/mid/high)

46 38.02%
  • Old

75 61.98%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Disappointed in the upgrading system

This is a discussion on Disappointed in the upgrading system within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by sommarblond You can find NUS for 100k in merchants, and you can even buy +5 paper armor ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by sommarblond View Post
    You can find NUS for 100k in merchants, and you can even buy +5 paper armor with HP from merchants that you can find in Moradon. Now when ko4life have brought us OLD KO back, why turn it into KE/ROFD right away?
    cuz they said, and people voted, that it was supposed to be KE T_T

considering i cant make a +4!!!!!!! i still prefer the old way but wouldnt mind the % to +4, +5

I made 2x md +5 in first try and failed them to +6. I am not sure about rates, but usko rates will perfectly fit to Ko4Life.

Also, never bring back the low class scrolls. The people who reached level 60 on beta are still using magic gears, like +5 plate helmets with lr resistance and such. Even a +6 paper set (which will cost like 1m to make) will give magicians a great advantage over other classes.

As an assasin, I can honestly say it is "impossible" to repair 1x mirage dagger and buy 240 mana potions at same time with the money you obtain from Apostle parties. 6k durability's repair costs like 150k. So, consider yourself lucky because you can think about upgrading, while we cannot even repair anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    I made 2x md +5 in first try and failed them to +6. I am not sure about rates, but usko rates will perfectly fit to Ko4Life.

Also, never bring back the low class scrolls. The people who reached level 60 on beta are still using magic gears, like +5 plate helmets with lr resistance and such. Even a +6 paper set (which will cost like 1m to make) will give magicians a great advantage over other classes.

As an assasin, I can honestly say it is "impossible" to repair 1x mirage dagger and buy 240 mana potions at same time with the money you obtain from Apostle parties. 6k durability's repair costs like 150k. So, consider yourself lucky because you can think about upgrading, while we cannot even repair anything.
    Theres no premium yet, so youre getting way less coin from mobs and selling items to npc and repair costs are doubled. And while I agree low class scrolls are a tad bit too cheap, the advantage can be tweaked by increasing the cost.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    So wait, using a BUS from +5 and above is considered unfair, because... you know... on shells/chitins you'd have to use them on +1/+2 already.

If anyone was to bitch about the upgrading system, it would be the ones planning on using shell/chitin and their huge amount of money spent upgrading in comparance to what paper classes pay.
    pretty much agree 100%, a paper class isnt weaker in fact a good bp can rape any other class 1v1 and with low/med/high scrolls it makes it SO much easier for the bp to outgear other classes which need to use high, because the BP would have an easier time upgrading armor to +8/9 as they would save a lot more money upgrading to +5

anyway, plenty of us lived with this system in original KO, its not impossible

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    pretty much agree 100%, a paper class isnt weaker in fact a good bp can rape any other class 1v1 and with low/med/high scrolls it makes it SO much easier for the bp to outgear other classes which need to use high, because the BP would have an easier time upgrading armor to +8/9 as they would save a lot more money upgrading to +5

anyway, plenty of us lived with this system in original KO, its not impossible
    The advantage they get can be adjusted by increasing the cost of LUS. As for comparing to old KO, people didnt have any knowledge of the game.

like combo, how to exp effectivly, minor heal (60-60 back then?), overall skill level of players etc.

knubbiz

tell me if im wrong.. but are u guys sure Low,mid and high upgrading scrolls were brought with KE?..
    Maybe later on in Usko, i don't know.. I played Myko, and when KE came to Myko. There were no low,mid or high upgrading scrolls.. The only change there was when KE came to myko with the scrolls was that.. The Cursed upgrade scroll was turned into some kinda crystal or something..

So at least myko had NUS and BUS (Old scrolls) during their KE period

yes... I have begun playing in KE and there were low/middles for sure... I've met cursed scrolls at privs...

Rayen

afaik upgrading in old ko was something like 100 % to +2 95 % to +3,
    and currently it seems to be already like 65 % while going to +3,

also having cursed upgrade scrolls dropping from low lvl mobs wouldnt hurt if u are planing to play a paper mage / battle priest for upgrading basic armors

ssima

Tbh, i dont kno why people would even want to go fp bp or bp for that matter. With the lvl 70 cap, Bps are at a major disadvantage w/o helis and a lack of hp/mana. I can see the case for paper mages but still. Just what i think

Banned

NUS is one of the best things maybe of part this old school ko.
    I remember hardcore farms for NUS in mora and making coins reselling them.
    And still i remember that people had +7/+8/+9 papers in back old days without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayen View Post
    afaik upgrading in old ko was something like 100 % to +2 95 % to +3,
    and currently it seems to be already like 65 % while going to +3,

also having cursed upgrade scrolls dropping from low lvl mobs wouldnt hurt if u are planing to play a paper mage / battle priest for upgrading basic armors
    No old KO upgrade rate is much much MUCH lower than FF>ROFD>KE in that rough order; 65% sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by ssima View Post
    Tbh, i dont kno why people would even want to go fp bp or bp for that matter. With the lvl 70 cap, Bps are at a major disadvantage w/o helis and a lack of hp/mana. I can see the case for paper mages but still. Just what i think
    The quote about FP's is of course for tank priests... And BPs are strong, you're forgetting not everyone is lvl 70 and people have a lot lower AP too. Besides having papers upgraded like this arent we discouraging people not to play BPs even further?

same as knubbiz... Im not really sure new upgrade system came out exactly with KE. I remember that I was upgrading stuff at edana w/o the new system, I might be wrong tho.

For the "paper is expensive" guys, let me remind u that you dont only get them as drops in moradon already +3 and with hp, but you can also get them in the proconsul as a quest.

INCREASE THE FUCKING XP RATE

do u really expect people to waste their time grinding to 70 on a private server? ridiculous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast