Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Economy

This is a discussion on Economy within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Some of the scroll prices are jaw dropping. I am wondering what the server economy will be like....
Page: 1

Psy

Default Economy

Some of the scroll prices are jaw dropping. I am wondering what the server economy will be like.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Well I know that at the moment if you NPC the scrolls you get 12.5 mil, and hopefully that gets changed to like 1 coin earn or whatever. But I'm really expecting that the PUS scrolls aren't expensive at all so that the economy/market can work. What I mean by that is if the PUS scrolls are being sold for cheap then there will be more people selling them in game to others for lower prices, which will sort of create fairness between those that are spending money and those that can't spend money.

I know it's not my place to dig my opinions in, but I honestly think that the 1500hp/300ac scrolls/swift/ap/tp scrolls should cost 1$ each... that's 1 set of scroll per person, meaning 5, and once the server becomes mainly pk, you will see 1 active person waste that set in 3-4 days time, so expect alot of money making from it even at this low of a price. After all, the server costs only 50euros/month, so with this PUS prices there would still be more then enough to donate to the charity.

Psy

I also want to know how people make their money: Mastodon bloods? Leeches dropping gold/silver coins? Kekuri rings?

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

I think he said that DM's have like a 5% drop rate of silver bars or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I also want to know how people make their money: Mastodon bloods? Leeches dropping gold/silver coins? Kekuri rings?
    The point of the scrolls is to be really high while still technically offering an alternative to buying from the PUS. The reason for the high prices are to artificially create a necessity for the buffer class outside of XP, which sounds fun for all of us that will PK on scrolls, but not so fun for those stuck using buffs.

I already mentioned this subject in the other topic, didn't get any real answers.. since its KO/KE im assuming mastadons only drop bloods and not bezoars, so it will be around 60% less effective to farm as it was on ROFD. People are gonna barely have money to make repots, so dont expect anybody to buy a scroll for 50m I just can't understand where the inflation of coin will come from, if CSW owners decide to hold on all the coins the prices will stay low, then they can gear out their clan after 1 month of holding.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Well I know that at the moment if you NPC the scrolls you get 12.5 mil, and hopefully that gets changed to like 1 coin earn or whatever.

While we're looking into a way to change this, I should probably inform you, and everyone else that, as it stands at this particular moment, changing this isn't exactly possible without also changing the price at which scrolls are sold for. The process is that the sell price is determined by a percentage of the buy price. While simply changing that percentage seems like the correct answer, I'm told by our more knowledgeable person in terms of the DB, that that solution will not fix it. We also understand that this is essentially like selling gold in the PUS...

We're hoping that people won't abuse this, (yeah... I know.) but rest assured we're looking into the possibility of, somehow, changing it to work properly before we go live.

ong

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    While we're looking into a way to change this, I should probably inform you, and everyone else that, as it stands at this particular moment, changing this isn't exactly possible without also changing the price at which scrolls are sold for. The process is that the sell price is determined by a percentage of the buy price. While simply changing that percentage seems like the correct answer, I'm told by our more knowledgeable person in terms of the DB, that that solution will not fix it. We also understand that this is essentially like selling gold in the PUS...

We're hoping that people won't abuse this, (yeah... I know.) but rest assured we're looking into the possibility of, somehow, changing it to work properly before we go live.
    what about the possibility of restricting them from being sold?

Psy

Quote Originally Posted by gramps View Post
    I think he said that DM's have like a 5% drop rate of silver bars or something like that.
    if that is true then i think it would be better if DMs dropped 200-300k per kill instead purely for the pk aspect

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Yeah, that's what I thought from the start,... it's always the same %. But then again, I don't think this should be hard to do... which is to make them "quest items", in the meaning of it being unsellable.

Yeah, that's what I thought from the start,... it's always the same %. But then again, I don't think this should be hard to do... which is to make them "quest items", in the meaning of it being unsellable.

Yup. That's one avenue we can definitely look into before we go live. From my limited experience, I believe there is a way to do it, just not sure how to go about it.

Yup. That's one avenue we can definitely look into before we go live. From my limited experience, I believe there is a way to do it, just not sure how to go about it.
    but scrolls have to remain tradeable, don't forget about it!

Anyway, maybe there should be another way of getting scrolls instead of buying them?

Finduilas

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    but scrolls have to remain tradeable, don't forget about it!

Anyway, maybe there should be another way of getting scrolls instead of buying them?
    arent there items that are tradable yet not npc'able? Like compound scrolls (no?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
    arent there items that are tradable yet not npc'able? Like compound scrolls (no?)?
    compund scrolls are sellable afaik :P
    anyway, there are unsellable, but still tradeable items, but I just want to be sure they won't forget about it :P

After all, the server costs only 50euros/month
    Really? Please link me i want to see a server thats good for a big KO population and costs only 50 euros a month.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast