Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Economy

This is a discussion on Economy within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by MeeP Really? Please link me i want to see a server thats good for a big KO ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    Really? Please link me i want to see a server thats good for a big KO population and costs only 50 euros a month.
    KO doesn't eat much resources in the dedicated server. If you are lucky, you can find some good dedicated servers for 50 euro with promos. A 25usd worth of VPS can handle like 65-80 players, but starts to lag after fifth hour.

We had a 95 usd worth of dedicated server, but the same dedicated server with same hardware was about 160 usd in other companies. Probably the connection, location and the bandwidth limit makes difference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    While we're looking into a way to change this, I should probably inform you, and everyone else that, as it stands at this particular moment, changing this isn't exactly possible without also changing the price at which scrolls are sold for. The process is that the sell price is determined by a percentage of the buy price. While simply changing that percentage seems like the correct answer, I'm told by our more knowledgeable person in terms of the DB, that that solution will not fix it. We also understand that this is essentially like selling gold in the PUS...

We're hoping that people won't abuse this, (yeah... I know.) but rest assured we're looking into the possibility of, somehow, changing it to work properly before we go live.
    is it possible to make that youll be able to get it from a quest? youll have to get 50m and then you chose which scroll you want..

hope u understand what i mean :P

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    While we're looking into a way to change this, I should probably inform you, and everyone else that, as it stands at this particular moment, changing this isn't exactly possible without also changing the price at which scrolls are sold for. The process is that the sell price is determined by a percentage of the buy price. While simply changing that percentage seems like the correct answer, I'm told by our more knowledgeable person in terms of the DB, that that solution will not fix it. We also understand that this is essentially like selling gold in the PUS...

We're hoping that people won't abuse this, (yeah... I know.) but rest assured we're looking into the possibility of, somehow, changing it to work properly before we go live.
    is it possible to make that youll get them from a quest?

let's say u chose a quest to get 1500 HP scroll, the NPC will tell you that you need 50m and then when mission completed, you lose 50m and get the scroll?

i know that its not like in KE, but as you said you can't fix it without changing the price..

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    KO doesn't eat much resources in the dedicated server. If you are lucky, you can find some good dedicated servers for 50 euro with promos. A 25usd worth of VPS can handle like 65-80 players, but starts to lag after fifth hour.

We had a 95 usd worth of dedicated server, but the same dedicated server with same hardware was about 160 usd in other companies. Probably the connection, location and the bandwidth limit makes difference.
    You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post

let's say u chose a quest to get 1500 HP scroll, the NPC will tell you that you need 50m and then when mission completed, you lose 50m and get the scroll?

i know that its not like in KE, but as you said you can't fix it without changing the price..
    I'd rather make a quest to get scrolls a bit more complicated. Like u can farm some shits and u can get scrolls without using any money.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

just an FYI weve found a roundabout way to get around retarded KO mechanics to fix scroll prices and better balance the server economy

honestly dont know how much the devs want released at this time, so ill leave it at that for now

good news, btw how many gm's will there be?

Psy

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    good news, btw how many gm's will there be?
    http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f1...aq____-293190/

scroll down

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    I'd rather make a quest to get scrolls a bit more complicated. Like u can farm some shits and u can get scrolls without using any money.
    i like both ideas..

Make a new NPC called Scroll Seller or something..
    if you want to get scrolls, you have to buy for example an item from sundries for 55mil and then turn it in at npc Scroll Seller

or

for example farm
    50 bones (dropped by DK)
    50 blood of glyptodons
    50 silk bundle
    10 crudes
    10 opals
    10 crystals
    Kekuri ring
    500np

Banned Senior Member

dont sell scrolls at sundries ore a npc...
    just put it in the PUS and let them buy for rly cheap..
    so people can buy them and sell them

agreed chabo, orc or human ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chabo View Post
    dont sell scrolls at sundries ore a npc...
    just put it in the PUS and let them buy for rly cheap..
    so people can buy them and sell them
    Agreed, It should reduce not only the chance of duping them for the coins, but also reduce the stock in the server, giving more space for buffers in PvP, the forgotten class.

Banned

what agreed what??>???

not every1 can buy KC or the scrolls

stop thinking only about yourself and think about the other people

Banned Senior Member

So buy them from merchant?
    people will buy them and sell them for money..
    would be good for the economy

and who said i can buy them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chabo View Post
    So buy them from merchant?
    people will buy them and sell them for money..
    would be good for the economy

and who said i can buy them?
    your title did

and if they will put it on the price they wanted on sundries (which is still HIGH for exp server) people will sell it cheaper, and will have shitloads of money

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast