Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For Felix

This is a discussion on For Felix within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I can't, and definitely don't intend to, speak for Felix nor any other member of the Dev Team, but I ...
Page: 2

I can't, and definitely don't intend to, speak for Felix nor any other member of the Dev Team, but I think it'd be better to get the whole project at least to the beta phase before any kind of mass promotions or anything. Right now, things are moving quickly from what I know (which is a considerable bit more than most). Once things hit beta, a targeted date for the live release is much easier to predict I would imagine... And besides, the best form of advertisement/promotion there is is word-of-mouth. Spreading the word via MSN/Vent/etc. is already a huge step in promotion.

Trust me, Felix's trusty devs are working day and night (literally) to get this out and, thus far, it looks great.

(Disclaimer: Nothing I said above really means much in terms of the project, as a whole, just my observations.)

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Thanks Kyle

There is this section for stuff. The server needs to be 100% ready before we advertise it.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I'm a little bit confused though. I know for a fact the best promotion of the server is word-of-mouth, but do you expect to put up an advertisement on the day of the release? Because I know for sure you won't have that instance of players, yet if you put it up now, by the time the release occurs, there will be quite a bigger number of people joining. Simple logic in my opinion.

Perhaps you misunderstood me... I was talking about mass-advertising once closed beta starts, not once the server goes live.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    Perhaps you misunderstood me... I was talking about mass-advertising once closed beta starts, not once the server goes live.
    No not you Shurt, I was talking about Dan's post as he said "the server needs to be 100% ready before we advertise it".

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    Indeed every person I have told on msn had no idea about it, and they didn't hesitate to say "yes" to playing it when i told them its run by ko4life admins. I think there should be a stickied announcement on the general section, because some people only come on this forum every month or so just to see if anything changed then dont check it again for another month etc.. and more than likely they won't see ko4life private server subforum. Maybe even send out a notification to all ko4life users about the launching of the server.
    Good idea!
    Most ppl logg in ko4life to read off-topic and i think alot of them dont even know about this project..
    But hey, we still got time, no need to rush.. atm felix and the devs should focus on getting the server done for an open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    Good idea!
    Most ppl logg in ko4life to read off-topic and i think alot of them dont even know about this project..
    But hey, we still got time, no need to rush.. atm felix and the devs should focus on getting the server done for an open beta.
    I agree, I was one of them, then CroNe gave me information about this project. Its really not so VISIBLE for people who just log and go for offtopic sections.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by :Blaster: View Post
    I agree, I was one of them, then CroNe gave me information about this project. Its really not so VISIBLE for people who just log and go for offtopic sections.
    ofc!! i need your sexy bp ass next to me when i exp on trolls xD

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

I wanted to make a news posting about this but seems my rights got taken

a post on kingofknight would also be intresting maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    I can't, and definitely don't intend to, speak for Felix nor any other member of the Dev Team, but I think it'd be better to get the whole project at least to the beta phase before any kind of mass promotions or anything. Right now, things are moving quickly from what I know (which is a considerable bit more than most). Once things hit beta, a targeted date for the live release is much easier to predict I would imagine... And besides, the best form of advertisement/promotion there is is word-of-mouth. Spreading the word via MSN/Vent/etc. is already a huge step in promotion.

Trust me, Felix's trusty devs are working day and night (literally) to get this out and, thus far, it looks great.

(Disclaimer: Nothing I said above really means much in terms of the project, as a whole, just my observations.)

hell yea.. ive seen it.. i would go crazy with all that work thats being done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12